Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helios won't scan plants

Solarwraithe

I was on earth gathering plant extracts in preparation for Titania's release.   So I brought my Helios Sentinel to do all the scanning while I kill the grineer but it wouldn't scan the plants. I walked past atleast three threscones and had to stop and manually pull out my synthesis scanner to get the extract from them.  Helios would scan the enemies just fine but he won't get the plants for me.   My only guess is that it won't scan because I have all the codex scans for the plants but that would be stupid for it not to scan for the extracts jsut because I got the codex filled.

DE what is the point of Helios at this point. He is a sentinel that is suppose to make scanning easier and with the new content requiring use of scanners why has his AI not been programmed to scan objects that give resources? 

I normally don't complain alot but DE please stop dropping the ball on things like this. If a player invested time and resources into a sentinel that is suppose to handle the scanning then the sentinel is suppose to do exactly that. At this very moment Helios and Ore Gaze can not help in the collection of kavat genetic codes once the required number of 20 scans are reached therefore rendering them completely useless. As I'm on console this need to scan for Titania is going to suck because I've already maxed my scans on almost every plant on Earth. Fix this problem because it makes no sense at all.

The thing that should be done is to be able to keep scanning things like items that can still give you items, such as plants and kavat genetic codes.

On 23/8/2016 at 7:29 AM, cxll said:

BufHUl6.png

( via )

Linking something that is years old outdated doesn't solve anything. Until something like this isn't done, Helios will be one of the most (if not THE most) useless sentinels ever made and the only utility sentinel master race is gonna be always Carrier, shadowing everyone else.
"We have Heliocor now and we're gonna get Synoid Heliocor", you're still choosing to use a sentinel meant to scan instead of a cat of multiple choices ecc. (also, ffs, stop being greedy and skeptic on giving +1 on good things such as this topic instead of doing it on comments like "huhuhu roasted you're the best [yes, the best on being a mean head on someone else. What a day to be alive])

Edited by RyuGold

• 3 weeks later...

Title should say it all, otherwise...

So, Helios, IIRC, could scan plants before, even if scans for a certain plant are complete. After a while, it broke. He/It couldn't scan plants anymore (or if it did, unreliably).

Is this bug fixed already, or do we have to wait for a real fix for this?

2 minutes ago, Neouni said:

I think it's rather a fix they made for not wasting scanners repeatably,

just like it still does with sabotage reactor tubes.

But they should make it a toggle, so we can scan stuff easily we want to collect

Cephalon Simaris' scanners, once fully upgraded, don't consume charges.

Yes, Helios can use that.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yeah just got the Helios Sentinel for the titania Quest line so i could get automatic scans on plant life so i would not have to go searching for it too much, but ran in to the issue of the codex diary getting complete on an object (plant life) and then then Helios would not scan the already completed plant life. Yeah i do understand vaguely why they set the rule of it only scanning things that it does not know, but what is the point when it is already using a codex scanner to scan said object (plant life).

Yeah there are many names for this game, one i like to call it is GrindFrame, but come on this is getting stupid. Bought the 95 platinum pack for the Helios just for that mission and now strongly regretting my choice to do so.