Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Silver Grove

[DE]Megan

26 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Soft launch of colourblind door symbols! These new symbols should help you determine if a door is locked or unlocked, as they no longer rely on the sole use of colour. 

Right...So, I'll have to comment on the Colourblind door notification changes after looking at it myself later. Hopefully it'll resolve the old issue of running in entirely the wrong direction, at least speaking for myself. Feedback will come later any event.

33 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Added Rarity colour grading to the Relic Reward selection screen in Fissure missions.

...Please tell me there're also symbols involved in this. Quoting myself from this thread.

Colour in isolation is not reliable information delivery. Using the same colour as mods won't mean anything if you cannot make the distinction between them. It is exactly because of that problem that the Rarity Stars were implemented to mods, due to the fact that for a proportion of the player base, the colours were not distinct and thus they ran into confusion.

Seeing as we have already gone through discussions due to that exact issue, and we are needing to repeatedly remind DE to consider colour as something that is not a guaranteed method for providing information...why make a suggestion without considering the lessons we've learned before hand as a result of such? It saves everyone time in the long run to have a basic principle consider shortcomings in advance, not after it kicks up a thread about being unclear and non-communicative UI. It keeps happening and it's gotten really boring it keeps happening.

We've seen it with lockers. We've seen it with mod cards. We've seen it with the Vay Hek Trial puzzles. We're seeing it with the changes coming to Doors; colour, on its own, isn't guaranteed information delivery. Adding in a clear symbol language to further convey the information contained within the Colour ensures that information is delivered and received when the Colour fails to do so.

All I'm noting is adding in a fail-safe to the suggestion. Add all the colour you darn well please...just make sure to add in a symbol to help people deduce what that colour is meant to signify if they cannot recognise what the colour is meant to be. It's already being added in due to this shortcoming having been acknowledged elsewhere in the game, may as well skip that same issue from the off, no?

If you can provide confirmation/clarification there're symbols as well, then no worries, just a communication error. Otherwise...I think you understand where I'm coming from with my above statement? Certainly distracts a bit from the appreciation for the door improvements, honestly.

Apologies if I'm coming across as something of an arse about this.

6 minutes ago, Peacemuser said:

Does anyone notice that it cost a lot more credits to upgrade mods now? That really turned me down.

havent checked but if this is true...

1. Credit gain nerf

2. mod upgrading, which was alreayd super expensive got even more expensive

conclusion: no more money for DE since they refuse to give a statement about the whole credit disaster

Such a huge update loaded with bug fixes. Amazing.

But most importantly...

"Fixed an exploit with Smeeta's Charm ability."

About time something as broken as Smeeta's charm got tweaked. Thank you so much for this.

Spoiler

I know that only the people that abused Charm will complain at this.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

The Silver Grove 

Titania

Quest: The Silver Grove

New Loka has enlisted the Tenno to help protect a sacred forest from the Grineer camping around the sacred grounds. Speak with Amaryn, the leader of New Loka, in the Relay today to claim the quest! Please note: the prerequisite is that you've completed The Second Dream quest.

A quest that is only obtainable via relay, why do I feel a crash coming along. Am I the only person that can not go there. SIGH!

What about Tenno that are enemies with New Loka? First they send ancients to kill us and then ask us to help with their dumb grove? Either Syndicates will soon-ish have an overhaul (since they're getting more and more involved with the game - Rathuum, Titania) or it'll stay as giant "They just didn't care" sign.

Great, from now on I'm going to be that guy that's always telling people "I did NOT name myself after the weapon! I used the name first!"

On the other hand, I can be the Sarpa-swinging SarpaSalpa, suckahs :D

• Infested Runners and Chargers will now resort to a projectile attack only on the condition that they have no chance of melee attacking you. 

Wait, since when do Runners and Chargers have projectile attacks?

Hieracon just gave me a reward of 2x 10 Endo. If 5 endo is worth 1 unranked common core, why on earth - well, Pluto - am I getting 4x Unranked fusion cores on this high level dark sector excavation mission?!

According to [DE]Rebecca on the devstream - You get 78 Endo per 1 R5 fusion core, and is rounded up on excav missions because a bundle of 5x 78 would look ugly. Instead it would show 5x 80 Endo or something like that. However, I did Hieracon, and got a drop of 2x 10 Endo what used to be R5 cores. This is severely gamebreaking and needs to be looked at because this mission is high level and should not be rewarding LESS than an earth dark sector Excav.

EDIT: Whispered [DE]Rebecca on stream and addressed this, hopefully gets looked into shortly! :)

Edited by BroPyp

18 minutes ago, RAZORLIGHT said:

havent checked but if this is true...

1. Credit gain nerf

2. mod upgrading, which was alreayd super expensive got even more expensive

conclusion: no more money for DE since they refuse to give a statement about the whole credit disaster

I think Corpus watched Mr. Robot and decided to sabotage the market for everyone credit wise.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Another common gripe that has sometimes been affecting our competitive PvP modes was one that affects almost all games of this nature; rage quitters. While any system we introduce won't be able to completely solve this issue we've enacted a consequence system that will hopefully curb some of the more numerous instances:

• We now track players who quit out of matches including those using the Alt-F4 method.
  • The Penalty system has 2 stages; a warning and a penalty applied state:
    • The warning stage will appear on the Landing Craft after the game detects that you've quit out of a match prematurely.
    • The Penalty Applied state will kick in after a certain % of your last games are determined to have been prematurely left. This state results in an XP Penalty of 75%.
    • Player's can climb back out of the Penalty Applied state by completing a corresponding amount of full matches.
  • While also negatively affecting rage quitters, we want to encourage those who continue to play while short on players and those who play multiple matches in a row.
    • Completing a match you were short on will result in a +20% boost to XP and Standing.
    • Completing subsequent matches will results in 10% more XP and Standing after the first match.

Nice job throwing the carrot in there and not just stopping with the stick DE. thx : )

What heppend with my Legentery Cores. They vanished even though i read that they will stay like the transmutation cores. The loss is realy bad since they were waluable...

P.s ... sorry for the usless post , found the new selection a minure later when fuseing...still too bad you cant trade that..

Edited by Alcatras
answert my own question a minute after posting it.

Still no answers about ...

Itzal research costs, intended or not ? (FYI: Itzal's Harness requires 250 oxium to research; while Itzal's Wings and Systems require 3750 oxium each. Before SotR, it was 20 (Harness), 30, (System), 5 (Wings))

Where have all the nightmare missions gone ? (All there is ATM is nightmare alerts.)

7 minutes ago, Alcatras said:

What heppend with my Legentery Cores. They vanished even though i read that they will stay like the transmutation cores. The loss is realy bad since they were waluable...

Oh you better contact support about that. You'll more likely get a hold of someone through there than on this Topic.

15 minutes ago, Necrius said:

What about Tenno that are enemies with New Loka? First they send ancients to kill us and then ask us to help with their dumb grove? Either Syndicates will soon-ish have an overhaul (since they're getting more and more involved with the game - Rathuum, Titania) or it'll stay as giant "They just didn't care" sign.

Even if you are exiled by New Loka (like myself!) this does not affect The Silver Grove quest. 

12 minutes ago, BloodForTheBloodGods said:

The titania bundle screen makes it look like her alt helm has Banshee's deluxe headphones. While that looks awesome, and I ship it, if that's not what you get, you should probably change it.

http://oi68.tinypic.com/nqzqbn.jpg

This will be fixed in a near Hotfix!