Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Silver Grove

[DE]Megan

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Soft Launch: Player Hosted Servers

Another major complaint directed toward our Conclave game modes has been the potential for laggy experiences due to the game running on our peer to peer system. With this update we will be rolling out the first stages of a potential solution to this issue: volunteer player hosted servers - we've got the tools in place to allow you to host Lunaro. 

At this stage volunteer servers are limited to running Lunaro only, and require a separate dedicated computer to host. 

The initial roll-out will be conducted via an invite-only process due to the need to gauge scalability and success. We will be using this soft launch to gather valuable feedback and stats and once we determine that the system is ready to provide the best experience we will be moving forward with a full scale public release.

DE you're not a charity, you're a fairly large profitable company.

So instead of "volunteers" they should be called "interns" :P

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Changes

• War no longer glows when holstered.

Thanks.......

I'm not exaggerating when I say that this was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back in these patch notes,
And my day is ruined....

I loved War. I loved the blade on my back while it was holstered. Now it's gone.

Really, DE, thanks......

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

We now track players who quit out of matches including those using the Alt-F4 method

Ok but fix the map please.i often find myself starting a mission i dont wanna be in,regardless of what node i clicked on.

As much as I appreciate the work DE's putting into the updates (I really do, it's a lot of content in a short time and I can give credit where credit's due) there is a "but" coming...

And that "but" is the fact that since the change to the Void Fissue system,the endless missions have not been addressed. Survival, Defence, Excavation and Interception are still the very same fissure missions as all the others : get in, get 10 reactant, leave. I like the fissure system but the endless missions have to be... well, endless. There is no incentive to stay loner than only as long as it takes to unlock extraction and get 10 reactant, and even if you for whatever reason decide you want to stay longer... there is absolutely no reward.
There really have to be a for of rewarding a player that wants to challenge himself by going on a 40 minute survival instead of bolting after the first 5 minutes. I know not everyone has to like doing long endless missions, but the option to do them was there and it was rewarded... and now it's not.
Also: Rescue and Spy fissure missions are a whole other discussion: why the hell would you combine a "go on a rampage to get 10 reactant" secondary task with a "don't get seen and stealth your way through to the objective" mission...

23 minutes ago, RedShiftZero said:

Thanks.......

I'm not exaggerating when I say that this was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back in these patch notes,
And my day is ruined....

I loved War. I loved the blade on my back while it was holstered. Now it's gone.

Really, DE, thanks......

Though I agree with you (this change just didn't seem warranted) I understand why DE did this.  Broken-War does the same thing when holstered and I'm sure they were just going for consistency.

That said, the stalker armor set parts (especially the chest piece) still show their hologram-things all the time (and they're armor parts so they're ALWAYS holstered) so perhaps the better change was to turn ON the energy display when Broken-War is holstered instead of turning it OFF on War?

DE, reversal please?

Just now, ODxT said:

Is it just me or is Titania a bit of a rip off of Antman, just with Fairies XD

Anteater man ... get it right!

I am still at work i really hope the. Talk about increased fusion cost and conversion errors are false.

3 minutes ago, AraonTheDrake said:

As much as I appreciate the work DE's putting into the updates (I really do, it's a lot of content in a short time and I can give credit where credit's due) there is a "but" coming...

And that "but" is the fact that since the change to the Void Fissue system,the endless missions have not been addressed. Survival, Defence, Excavation and Interception are still the very same fissure missions as all the others : get in, get 10 reactant, leave. I like the fissure system but the endless missions have to be... well, endless. There is no incentive to stay loner than only as long as it takes to unlock extraction and get 10 reactant, and even if you for whatever reason decide you want to stay longer... there is absolutely no reward.
There really have to be a for of rewarding a player that wants to challenge himself by going on a 40 minute survival instead of bolting after the first 5 minutes. I know not everyone has to like doing long endless missions, but the option to do them was there and it was rewarded... and now it's not.
Also: Rescue and Spy fissure missions are a whole other discussion: why the hell would you combine a "go on a rampage to get 10 reactant" secondary task with a "don't get seen and stealth your way through to the objective" mission...

The reward for doing 40 minutes is still the reward for doing 40 minutes - Affinity, Credits, whatever else used to drop from a non-void Survival or Defense or whatnot.  You just no longer HAVE TO in order to get prime parts.  Basically, the grind is still there if you want it, but you no longer REQUIRE it for the purpose of getting prime stuff.  I don't see any downside to this.

As to Rescue and Spy, this is not hard.  1) Get your 10 reactant on your rampage.  2) Clear the room.  3) Hack alarms off.  4) Finish your rescue or spy as normal.

Neither Rescue nor Spy requires that you stealth until you hit the vault/prison room - so don't.  Make a ruckus en route, then stealth when you actually need to.

Now I can farm dual-stat Heat and Cold mods (a constant source of plat even if you already have them all) and Specter blueprints AND farm prime parts IN THE SAME MISSION.  Once again, I don't see any down side to this.

New Bugs:

- the Rashasi Polearm Skin cloth pieces tend to duplicate/multiply. I have ended up with a polearm that looked more like a pompom in movement because there were 6 or 7 textile elements overlapping

- The Apothic Imprints cannot be reviewed in the Codex

- When activating Focus Powers the Operator has some polygons warped, creating some spikes or poles that go from the elbows to the ground

i need it a bit more clear, i want the umbra excal together with my omega kubrow ... all this butterflies and cats ... isnt it for girls ? ^^)

Just a side note, the conclave changes create more problem than it fixes (if any!)

Let's see, I don't mind DE's plan to prevent people farming their conclave rep off each other, but you already have measure in place, which is :

1) Invite only not making anyone get conclave rep

2) Setting to public get you rep but also lets people in, no more exploiting

So, what's the point with all the conclave addition now? I'll be going over it step-by-step :

1) Host can now deliberately troll people by firing up bandwidth-consuming program/app and force other players to disconnected, which will be tagged by your system as "ragequit" despite not being their fault.

2) If not, then other players will be mentally tortured as they're picked off by lag business, which leaving is not allowed by the new system, unless they want to be penalised, which can't be removed unless they endure that pain again and again.

3) Now this is the most serious consequence I'm surprised you didn't see it coming : With invite command placing everyone in your team, How. Will. Anyone. Dare. To. Join. Conclave. Randomly. Now. That. They. Will. Be. Forced. To. Go. Against. A. Premade. Team. Of. 4. or. 5. Without. Fail?

Bottom line : The new conclave change is unnecessary and reverting it is advised.

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

We're looking into this right now! Stay tuned. 

The recent hotfix was supposed to fix this but it didn't :(

Hieracon results :(

80333da785d04c3a9168d1389b1a301e.png

d53b092db5dc422a84b89dbc1cc0d7a4.png

Redtext must be embarrassed. But it's ok Redtext, we still love you.