Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[The Silver Grove Update] New Weapons Feedback!

[DE]Danielle

So, I have to say I do quite like the Pox, but I noticed something weird that maybe someone can verify if this is intentional or not. so on my Pox I equip "hornet strike", "lethal torrent", and "barrel diffusion" giving me 70% status chance, but then when I add "Frost Bite" it goes to 90%(20% increase), and then when I add "Pistol Pestilence" it goes to 98%(8% increase). why is my second Elemental/status mod only increasing status chance by 8% rather than 20% like the previous? cause obviously if i only need 2 equip to get 100% status, i would much rather use the full elemental damage mods instead.

42 minutes ago, unsiezer said:

So, I have to say I do quite like the Pox, but I noticed something weird that maybe someone can verify if this is intentional or not. so on my Pox I equip "hornet strike", "lethal torrent", and "barrel diffusion" giving me 70% status chance, but then when I add "Frost Bite" it goes to 90%(20% increase), and then when I add "Pistol Pestilence" it goes to 98%(8% increase). why is my second Elemental/status mod only increasing status chance by 8% rather than 20% like the previous? cause obviously if i only need 2 equip to get 100% status, i would much rather use the full elemental damage mods instead.

thats because how multi show effects its %, you can see true single bullet status by removing it. its more saying you will have a status 98% of the time for every click even if only 1 of the 3 go off

I only have the sarpa, but I found it really lackluster. It's accuracy was really sub par and it felt like my charged shots were tickling the things I shot at rather than damage them. Stat wise it seems decent, but it's sorely lacking in punch compared to its redeemer counterpart. I feel it needs its stats tweaked to become a crit weapon, making it more viable as an option over the redeemer instead of trying to compete in the same space as it. Its sound is also way less impressive compared too so that's a thumbs no for me. 

Sarpa looks and feels awesome, but needs help. Other than its faster charge shot and burst of fire rather than all at once, it's practically identical to the redeemer with fewer pellets per shot, less damage per pellet, physical shots instead of elemental, and awful accuracy. 

Everything else about it is extremely well done, though.

Pox needs a bit of work in the model; for some reason, I'm throwing them sideways rather than point first. Also, cut down on the smoke effect please. The Torrid was excellent on letting you know where the effect reached, but Mutalist Cernos and Pox are terrible at it. I want to know who I'm attacking, thank you. Beyond that;make the damage procs come a bit faster (if lower in intensity) -sometimes enemies just run through the cloud without being affected even once. Other than that; awesome weapon, loving it. Sarpa's good too, if different from Redeemer; better in blade-play than gun-play, except when taking on Nullifiers (in which case, it's MUCH better). Not gonna give up on my Redeemer, but it would have been a good alternative back when I first got Redeemer.

Having so much fun with the Pox. Just love the unique look, the weird way they fly lol Perfect for breaking door sensors and some crowd control.

Having trouble with:

- Visibility after they burst, the clouds are a fraction too dense and I can't see anything, but the mutalist cernos suffers from this too so at the moment, I just deal with it.

- Shots passing through enemies, mostly at short range, it just goes right through them and I have to waste more shots repeating them.

- Incredibly low ammo reserve, but ammo mutation is working ok for me at the moment (not sure how effective it will be at higher levels, I only just forma them first time yesterday).

Sarpa I only used once so far, noticed the accuracy issues too. Gunblades aren't my kind of weapon, I'd prefer they fix the way you throw thrown melee, than use a gunblade.

Edit: Have used the Sarpa a lot more since I made this post.. forgive the pun, but I'm having a blast with it. Works in tandem with pox really well. Still losing shots through enemies with the pox, but loving both weapons right now.

Edited by AhkNemet
Update Sarpa info

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ikusias said:

Sarpa: why it's a melee weapon?!

why not making it in a dual use melee and (secondary or primary weapon)? as with the other gunblade i don't see the point of this weapon or its stance as is

Redeemer isn't a primary or a secondary. It can only be used as a melee. If you're referring to the set, the redeemer forms a weapon set with the akjaguara and the Tigris. Because they're similar in design and stats doesn't make them the same weapon, because they aren't. I could see a set for the sarpa being released, and that would be cool. But switching it's slot? Never seen anything like it. Could be fun, but I doubt primary or secondary slots will ever hold anything but a primary or a secondary. 

I think the range and accuracy on the Sarpa needs to be increased. Maybe base damage increased a little bit too.

Oh and idk if I'm the only one but I find it hard to aim the weapon (when firing) with a controller. I can see it work well with mouse and keyboard but with controller I struggle to keep the crosshair on the target.

Edited by (XB1)DomTheKilleur

Sapra needs an accuracy and range increase ASAP, combos with bullet dance just do not hit most of the time even at close ranges, Even using High

Noon, the accuracy is still not enough.  When will we ever see a buff to status is what i'm wondering when using the Pox, sure its ability to remove

armor is pretty good, status weapons should have their own kind of "  higher damage crit chance " for high status weapons.

Edited by Larry_Foulke

On 8/20/2016 at 4:54 AM, StickyBaseline said:

Mods, why do you bother making these fake threads? No one at DE ever reads these threads anyway, and no changes have or will ever occur thanks to these weapon feedback threads :( You have lost a loooot of trust thanks to these threads.

I assure you we do. We leave them up for a reasonable time, read and compile your feedback, and move along from there with necessary changes, fixes, and adjustments if time and resources allow. 

9 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

I assure you we do. We leave them up for a reasonable time, read and compile your feedback, and move along from there with necessary changes, fixes, and adjustments if time and resources allow. 

well, in that case, I'll just remind you that Mag still has 150 base energy pool at rank 30.

22 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

It certainly doesn't seem so. i mean, look at snipers, mag, exalibur slide blind etch it seems to me that you ignore them selectively.

Edited by bl4ckhunter

20 hours ago, bl4ckhunter said:

It certainly doesn't seem so. i mean, look at snipers, mag, exalibur slide blind etch it seems to me that you ignore them selectively.

Oh, and letting powers not deactivate on metamorphosis (instead transforming too) would be overpowered for Equinox.

Also, having half of her kit useless and her other half cheesie is being in a good stop.

Also, Diwata is still crap.

Also, Titania still demands both Primed Flow and Energy Overflow to be efficient enough.

Also, Beam weapons on Magnetize went from being broken OP to broken UP.

Archwing still doesn't have controllable roll.

But hey, our feedback is totally listened to.

Totally.

Listened.

To.

But hey, what do I know. Im no programmer. I just play the game.

A lot.

Not like experience and knowledge could ever come from that.

58 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

Snip

why are you quoting me? 

22 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

I assure you we do. (listen)

21 hours ago, bl4ckhunter said:

It certainly doesn't seem so.

doesn't seem to me to be much difference between what i said and what you said

Edited by bl4ckhunter

i guess we're using this thread for syndicate weapons too?

vaykor sydon is gimmicky. 15 blocks is a bit much against slow-attacking enemies like bombards, and those are the guys we really need to blind. also, the blind animation is kinda slow and we have to release block to do it, so it is practically useless.

synoid heliocor is just bad. worse stats than normal heliocor and useless ability.

telos boltace has some use i guess. having to keep sliding around is dumb though when there are so many other weapons like orthos prime, mios and whips with decent reach already.

rakta dark dagger is a straight upgrade of the dark dagger and is awesome aside from the basic problems with dagger class weapons i.e. tiny reach which is so dumb you can't even hit crawlers right in front of you.

On 15/09/2016 at 10:21 PM, (XB1)DomTheKilleur said:

I think the range and accuracy on the Sarpa needs to be increased. Maybe base damage increased a little bit too.

Oh and idk if I'm the only one but I find it hard to aim the weapon (when firing) with a controller. I can see it work well with mouse and keyboard but with controller I struggle to keep the crosshair on the target.

I second this. It's not possible to hit a moving target with Sarpa using the controller, as the melee button and aimstick are the same thumb. Could an autoaim function be added for Sarpa blams (and Redeemer as this has the same issue)? Thanks :)

On September 17, 2016 at 11:11 PM, (XB1)x Varda x said:

I second this. It's not possible to hit a moving target with Sarpa using the controller, as the melee button and aimstick are the same thumb. Could an autoaim function be added for Sarpa blams (and Redeemer as this has the same issue)? Thanks :)

You'll find the issue is even deeper than that. With melee auto-targeting turned on, you automatically target the nearest enemy with the charge attack. The sarpa will still almost always miss. 

The pox were really cool. Like a Torid but in the secondary slot.
The Sarpa was also kinda cool, but stats wise just a buffed Redeemer. The charge attack is different. But after reading the wiki and doing tesing, they both fire 10 pellets/shots (just mildly different firing mechanism) but of a different damage type. According to wiki Sarpa does 35 per pellet, redeemer 30.

This feels like power creep. Nothing wrong with that. But it feels like a missed opportunity when you create a new Gunblade melee which is just Redemer x1.1
A gunblade with lower damage and crit? High status chance and a sweeping, firing charge attack (to spread status)? Something which doesn't just feel like a reskinned, buffed Redeemer would have been more interesting.

So... is anyone going to talk about how the Sarpa is heavly bugged while using the Bullet Dance stance?

No?

Ok then, just going to leave these links here...

Well... hope you guys get around to fixing it eventually... I know you have your hands busy with the whole Second Dream thing.

(ps. If you change the Sarpa so it only has a vertical recoil it might fix the whole accuracy complaints that people have been talking about... at least while keeping it a mid-ranged weapon.)

A long time fan,

Hexeract

Edited by Hexeract

On ‎2016‎-‎09‎-‎17 at 8:11 PM, (XB1)x Varda x said:

With a keyboard and mouse it's easy because you aim and fire with the mouse. But imo the gunblades don't translate very well on controllers because we aim with the right stick while we use the B button for charged shots. I only got one right thumb DE lol. Maybe if gunblades charge attack would be moved to the right trigger? Idk.