Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[The Silver Grove Update] New Weapons Feedback!

[DE]Danielle

Like ikusas said. I think it would be really, really kool to have gunblades as melee weapons and secondary weapons. That makes so much sense to me. Just figure out a way to be able to mod the pistol version and the melee version of it. Not sure if this is the right place for that though. I also want to ask this or mention it on the devstream questions page. If i could find the thing...

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2016 at 0:47 AM, voltocitygel said:

[...] it's practically identical to the redeemer with fewer pellets per shot, less damage per pellet, physical shots instead of elemental, and awful accuracy.

This is the primary reason why the Sarpa is a pretty terrible gunblade. Lesser pellets  per shot compared to the Redeemer along with its increased spread guarantees a lot of missed shots. The only reason you would use Bullet Dance on the Sarpa is just to boost the proc rate on Hydroid's passive (which is already weird since the tentacles spawn below his feet and not the area targeted). High Noon is probably the only saving grace for the Sarpa, but even then it doesn't perform any better than the Redeemer regardless of what its paper stats dictate.

Now the Pox... oh baby. What. A. Joy. Absolutely an amazing throwing explosive. No self-damage, can have 100% stat chance, and the toxin procs amass so quickly. The only downside is the low clip and magazine size, but since this weapon performs so well having a maxed Primed Pistol Mutation is a huge QoL boost for this weapon. Just make a Deluxe secondary skin so that I can hide the Infesticles and I'm SO GOOD.

On 9/19/2016 at 7:10 AM, Fansay said:

The Sarpa was also kinda cool, but stats wise just a buffed Redeemer.

[...]

This feels like power creep. Nothing wrong with that. But it feels like a missed opportunity when you create a new Gunblade melee which is just Redemer x1.1
A gunblade with lower damage and crit? High status chance and a sweeping, firing charge attack (to spread status)? Something which doesn't just feel like a reskinned, buffed Redeemer would have been more interesting.

I'm going to be very honest here, on paper the stats make the Sarpa feel like a buffed Redeemer but you have to use the weapon to clearly get an idea that the only relevant buff is the attack speed. Nothing more. The Redeemer still outclasses the Sarpa by a huge margin.

Side-grade? Personally speaking, though the stats say otherwise, the Sarpa actually feels like a straight downgrade to what the Redeemer can dish out in battle.

There is no power creep.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

I'm going to be very honest here, on paper the stats make the Sarpa feel like a buffed Redeemer but you have to use the weapon to clearly get an idea that the only relevant buff is the attack speed. Nothing more. The Redeemer still outclasses the Sarpa by a huge margin.

Side-grade? Personally speaking, though the stats say otherwise, the Sarpa actually feels like a straight downgrade to what the Redeemer can dish out in battle.

There is no power creep.

Agreed. It would be a sidegrade if the gun attack could actually connect with anything outside of melee range. 

• 2 weeks later...

The Sarpa is basically just a direct upgrade from the Redeemer. There's literally no reason to use the Redeemer anymore once you get the Sarpa.

(Does Redeemer build into anything?)

Pox looks nice but I feel it's just "another" exploding-trap secondary with a poison cloud that's weaker than the Torid. Dev team please. The Torid can't be the ONLY weapon that does gas clouds right. You failed with the Mutalist Cernos and you certainly failed with the Pox making the poison cloud DoT worth ANYONE's time. Honestly I would love an update that treated the Pox/Mutalist Cernos clouds with the same type of love the Torid got... it would make them insanely viable. Just absolutely insanely viable. (especially considering Mutalist Cernos has a fekkin 100% stat chance... that corrosive potential...)

I also like the new Melee weapon, Gazal Machete's,  mechanic where it works with a sentinel. I would love to see more weapons with a synergy based mechanic, even those that would transfer synergy from one warframe to another. Why? Because teamwork (of any kind) OP.

Sarpa

- New stance is nice, alternate gameplay to slower charge shots

- Sarpa has a nice niche as a status gunblade

** bug?** hold back melee combo of bullet dance has attacks that dry fire ( no shots fired) ?

Pox

- status rate is through the roof  >>  feels satisfying

- projectile speed is meh >> feels floaty

- Cloud doesn't stick, small range  >> acceptable tradeoff for a super high proc rate

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/10/2016 at 11:47 PM, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

There is no power creep.

Then I will say, if the Sarpa worked properly it should be better. Granted I'm operating off what the wiki tells me (I was unimpressed with the Sarpa, but I never potatoed it). Hence it's paper values:
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Sarpa

Sarpa charge attack fires 2 bursts, each burst has 5 pellets, each pellet has 35 damage. 350 damage
Redeemer charge attack fires 1 burst with 10 pellets, each pellet has 30 damage. 300 damage

Sarpa charge attack does physical damage, affected by elemental and physical mods.
Redeemer charge attack does elemental damage, affected only by elemental mods.

Granted Sarpa has had various bugs forever, so the damage is perhaps still unreliable? Wiki may be wrong or out of date?

I did a bit of testing with Sarpa and Redeemer. First of note is finding an enemy that will give reliable damage numbers was not that easy.
So my testing become armour-shred trin and Zenurik for CC. So I'm hitting cloned flesh. I was rolling with this because it has +25% on slash but -25% on impact. Since Sarpa is said to be just physical I figured it might be an even 33/33/33 split and it would cancel each other out. Also Cloned Flesh has 0% resist adjustment on Blast for Redeemer.

Weapons completely un-modded.
Redeemer was hitting 180 per pellet reliably

Sarpa was a different beast...damage was all over the place. Seeming to average 294 damage. However at times it was 368 (which is +25%) at times. This makes me think it randomly picks a physical damage type to be? However I was getting 368 out of the Sarpa more often than not. Guessing that means it picks a damage type based on the spread of the Sarpa (10/20/70, impact/puncture/slash).

Redeemer is meant to do 30 per pellet (not 6x damage at 180). Darpa is meant to do 35 (not 8.5x damage at 294). I assume with gunblades the charge damage multiplier is meant to be 6x rather than 3x.

Based on the above that the Sarpa seems to pick a damage type based on the Sarpa's damage type spread. I decided to see if this was true by applying 300% Viral to the Sarpa. On average I was hitting 1396. Now I'm just confused AF.

Assuming that it applies Viral ontop:
1396 - 294 = 1102 damage is viral
1102 / 1.75 = 630 damage without weakness (base)
630 / 3 = 210 (comming down from 300% viral to 100%)
210 / 35 = 6 (the same damage increase as the redeemer, seems to be charge damage multiplier)

Assuming it picked viral as its damage type:
1396 / 1.75 = 798 damage without weakness
798 / 4 = 200 (from 400% damage to 100%)
200 / 35 = 5.7 (multiplier)

Screw it, its all nonesense.

Edited by Fansay
Didn't like my pictures