The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Cosplay

Kielix7

This has unfortunately downgraded to a side-project instead of a full-time project like I was planning. A lot of bad things happened and I've been tied up just trying to help my family get through some stuff, and when I haven't been doing that, I've been so exhausted from starting my new job on top of what I'm already doing that I get home and pass out for longer periods of time than I would like to.

Good news is that there is a light at the end of the tunnel coming soon, so I will be able to work on this full-time in due time.

As it stands, I've been continuously doing rough sketches and learning how to create 3D models in other applications so I can transfer that knowledge into Pepakura. Also researching with my grandfather and father about different materials I can use and learning what would work and what wouldn't. 

It's been hell, but I haven't forgotten.

Yeah, I haven't been able to find 3D models or very good sketches, they're just not out there yet. Alright then. Good luck broseph.

But I will say... when it comes to trying to get people to do stuff for you? In my experience, an old quote comes to mind: "Be grateful to everyone who ever told you "no". Because of them, you learned to do it yourself"... or something like that. It's pretty accurate.

Edited by Tolderian

"Be grateful to everyone who ever told you "no". Because of them, you learned to do it yourself"

Granted, learning something yourself (especially something of this nature) is very rewarding and all, but in the interest of time and money, it's not very practical.

If I had unlimited time and money to dabble in this, then yes, I would do it all myself, but lately, I've not had a lot of money and even less time.

So by no means is this supposed to be a "I want a fancy car but you have to build it" kind of thing, I just want informed opinions and general facts / information before I go nuts.

• 9 months later...

A common mistake I have seen throughout this thread, when making a pepakura armor you DO NOT use paper, you use card stock. Paper can't handle it. And which helmet are you going to use? Get crackin' 0.0 gimme warframe cosplay

Edited by (PS4)XYZMlKEL

• 6 months later...