Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks for watching Devstream #79!

[DE]Rebecca

Was able to watch this live for the first time. Good stream as always, liked the Zephyr skin and looking forward to getting the next quest on consoles.

Time to get back to unlocking junctions and scanning Cephlon fragments now. Will have my 1st Kavat tomorrow (a Smeeta), please don't let it get hit with the ugly stick. :)

Thanks for the stream guys! Loads of questions answered there -- also, dat bone Steve threw.

Thank God also that we're ending up getting a trailer for Nekros. When Geoff said he almost didn't  make the cut, yikes.

Also, wait a sec, no Gift of the Lotus? :P Nevermind, just saw it :P

Edited by NightmareT12

I know you guys are always handful with todo things but still as you already declared previously on this forum, we'd like to know if there's any update on the VOID revisit for the endless missions and sabotage missions??

Superb Devstream as always and keep up the good work.

Rebecca you were the charm for yesterday's stream or may be the real life Titania..>!! ;)

Edited by AhmadIYE

@[DE]Rebecca  Thank you for bringing the nullifier issue up on stream, but i (and many others) feel that it wasn't properly discussed :( there's a lot more to the nulli complaints than just "players who wont adapt/want easy content", and the community would appreciate immensely if a lot of the more detailed feedback threads about the nulli were carefully examined. I understand what a horrible experience that may be, since those threads get ugly fast, but the game really needs (at the very least) some sort of rework to the damage gate among other things. 

You can check my recent posts since they are mostly on topic, but i'm sure other players have been even more vocal about this issue than i. Many of the Original Posts in nulli threads over the last few days can be a good place to start. (Not all, but many)

Edit: there's also this poll

Edited by Sigmas71

I'm worried. I mean I was before, but after seeing that you guys simply don't understand that nullies are anything but challenging, the worries level got cranked up to eleven and then some.

I'll say it again, for you dear [DE]Scott, since you're the one who used this term to qualify them : nullifiers don't bring any challenge. They are easily dispatched. Even in numbers. They're just a tedious and boring foe to face, that's all. What makes players that seek challenge dislike such an enemy is that they take away gameplay options, and do not offer anything in return. Nothing. Not even that challenge you mention, [DE]Scott. They're boring. They're easy. And they take away what makes this game different from any other second rate shooter out there. There is nothing to adapt to with nullifiers. They don't make us think differently. They don't make us think at all. We see a bubble, we do exactly the same thing we do with most enemies : we shoot them or cut down the guy wearing the silly backpack. But for any frame that relies on selfbuffs, the melee option simply isn't a viable one. Especially knowing that countless other nullies are waiting for their turn. In a so-called fast paced game, having to stop every 15 seconds to rebuff because we chose melee instead of ranged weaponry isn't fun. Or challenging. Except for our patience. It's a pointless sacrifice and a gigantic waste of time and effort in the long run. So we're stuck with using ranged weaponry with these frames, and that's it. No other option. Just guns. Isn't this game supposed to be called WarFRAME? Maybe you should consider renaming it WarGUNS.

So where's that challenge of yours [DE]Scott? Where is it? You are right about one thing, and one thing only, which I'm sure is the only reason why you keep them the way they are and so stubbornly refuse to make them an actually challenging foe : they tend to slow us down. Not because they're tough. Not because they require adaptation or thinking on our part, no. Simply because their bubbles use a gating system and take 2 good seconds to take down with ranged weaponry, that they shield other enemies and tend to overlap a lot in higher level content where they nullies' spawnrate goes way up, and that as I mentioned before melee isn't always an option depending on the frame used. They slow us down, and that's it. No challenge, no adaptation, no thinking required. We just have to stop and shoot that annoying bubble for 2 seconds to get the guy inside to be vulnerable. If buff-reliant frames got their buffs back once outside the bubbles (same thing with Scrambus/Comba auras dispelling buffs if the locked power has been used beforehand, which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever) after a few seconds for instance, and if slow firing weapons were just a tad more effective at taking down the bubbles, then I'm certain you wouldn't see so many threads on the forums about them.

In return, you could give them different tools to make our life a bit harder. They could really use something, because remove the bubble, and you have nothing but a random dude with a backpack and a high damage, long range weapon with a near-zero short range accuracy. Give them different types of deployable turrets and stationary buffs for their buddies for instance, I'm surprised you don't use them more. I mean you have so many ideas (too many for your own good sometimes methinks), I'm sure you can come up with interesting ideas that promote actual tactical thinking instead of brain-dead shooting. This game has so much potential. So could this enemy.

And I'm not going to talk about how they tear apart a chunk of Warframe's lore to boot. Better have them be a challenging enemy before one that makes sense.

Edited by Marthrym