Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Day/Night cycle of earth.

altmoro

This is really annoying on account of the Titania quest otherwise it wouldn't really be that bad. However Earth seems to have been switched to a Day/Night cycle has put a big dent into the time I could have been using to farm for Titania seeing as I need daylight threshcone. If what I have heard is true and I have to wait hours for the day cycle then that will really tick me off.

1 hour ago, Dark-Sheer said:

A friend of mine suggested that the missions on the light side of the Earth on the starmap should be day missions and the other nightmissions. That would help with the questbarrier.

What would be really interesting is if the starchart itself rotated, rotating missions from night to day over time, but always having a few in day or night at a time. This way Lith wouldn't always be night for example. But I'm doubtful DE will take the time to do it.

6 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

the cynic in me says it was done on purpose to 'encourage' people to just buy titania with plat.....

c'mon it's a 4 hour shift, the people who can't wait that long would have already bought her on principle before even looking at the quest.

Edited by rapt0rman

Earth has been in a day/night cycle for a long time. In fact, anyone who took their time through Earth missions and scanned the local fauna had all the Earth materials required for the Apothics prior to the Silver Grove update.

And don't say that punishes you for doing something you didn't have to, because it's not like this is the first quest that did that. For example, Jordas Precept and Second Dream both punished you for not having decent enough Archwings.

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, (XB1)Twizz Reaper said:

I am wondering does the shrine that I put the apothic into..... Is that only on the day cycle because I havent found it and I am working night shift so my days off is my only time to play it

No it's present all the time, and the Day/Night cycles for Earth in Warframe are 4 hours game time. 

On 8/19/2016 at 2:24 PM, altmoro said:

This is really annoying on account of the Titania quest otherwise it wouldn't really be that bad. However Earth seems to have been switched to a Day/Night cycle has put a big dent into the time I could have been using to farm for Titania seeing as I need daylight threshcone. If what I have heard is true and I have to wait hours for the day cycle then that will really tick me off.

Yep it changes every four hours. whoever at DE decided that was a good idea should be fired. Like you said didn't really matter until titania quest but still, I think everyone encountered this dilemma. It should change at most every hour, four hours is just absurd, I have a job as well, meaning when quest happened only time I could take the day plant pictures was starting at like 1 am. Needles to say, it took a lot longer to do the quest then it should have ONLY because of the stupid day/night cycle 4 hour waiting game.

On 20/8/2016 at 0:37 AM, Blueshade68 said:

This is rather frustrating. We all are excited to play the new quest and I also am a few daylight threshcones shy. It's just a huge bummer to get ready to do quest and find out you have to wait for 3 hours. Some of us do have families you know...... ?

Whoo boy, have you done the other quest-based warframes, like Mirage, Limbo or Chroma? The frames that you need to craft the part before continuing to the next? 4 hours isn't bad compared to 12.

And really, I could bring up Equinox who needs you to craft the Night and Day aspects before it. Provided you had ALL the parts, this is your timeline;

12 hours for the Day and Night components

3 Days for the Day and Night aspects

3 Days for the Equinox Warframe.

TOTAL; 6 days 12 hours.

All salt aside (which I apologize for if I inadvertently insulted you), you can use those 4 hours to scan for all the other plants -that are not on a time-based rotation. That way, as soon as you get the ones you need, you'll be ready to get right into Titania with minimal fuss.

That said, several ideas here are cool, such as the Earth rotating to go from night to day. Even a 50-50 chance to go into night or day would have been cool...

12 hours ago, Gelkor said:

If you run T1 Sabotage (the lowest level void sabotage) it connects to Earth at the opposite time as what the current Earth Tile is.

Tried this out of curiosity, and the part behind the portal was still day (while Earth cycle was day also). Nevertheless, there weren't any scannable plants there at all...

They definitely should add some variation to the day / night cycle. Right now it's the same cycle at the same time every day.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)adrian80 said:

Tried this out of curiosity, and the part behind the portal was still day (while Earth cycle was day also). Nevertheless, there weren't any scannable plants there at all...

They definitely should add some variation to the day / night cycle. Right now it's the same cycle at the same time every day.

Huh, worked for me when I was farming.

16 hours ago, Lyravain said:

Whoo boy, have you done the other quest-based warframes, like Mirage, Limbo or Chroma? The frames that you need to craft the part before continuing to the next? 4 hours isn't bad compared to 12.

And really, I could bring up Equinox who needs you to craft the Night and Day aspects before it. Provided you had ALL the parts, this is your timeline;

12 hours for the Day and Night components

3 Days for the Day and Night aspects

3 Days for the Equinox Warframe.

TOTAL; 6 days 12 hours.

All salt aside (which I apologize for if I inadvertently insulted you), you can use those 4 hours to scan for all the other plants -that are not on a time-based rotation. That way, as soon as you get the ones you need, you'll be ready to get right into Titania with minimal fuss.

That said, several ideas here are cool, such as the Earth rotating to go from night to day. Even a 50-50 chance to go into night or day would have been cool...

I have done the Chroma and Mirage quests but I have been unable to do the Limbo quest as finding Tenno willing to do the quest seems to be rather difficult. I would never feel insulted. It nice to have some friendly banter back and fourth. That's what makes for great discussion and it's nice to know someone reads my posts! ? 

• 3 weeks later...