Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unannounced Redeemer charge shot attack speed decrease

Mattoropael

[Redirected from the original Weapons feedback thread here on D20's advice to consider it a bug]

The Redeemer's charged shot has been considerably slower than what it was before the patch, and there's nothing in the patch notes that mentioned it. I can only obtain a similar speed of the pre-patch Redeemer with a 256% strength Volt using his 2.

I cannot confirm whether the Sarpa suffers from the same problem since a) I do not own it at the moment and b) it cannot be stealth-nerfed if it's completely new.

I've double checked my stats, and can confirm a similar experience. Though, without spoiled strike my Redeemer says 0.833 for speed as per the wiki-I can assure you it does feel like they stylized it to be more like the old school redeemer (never used it them, but have seen footage. The sensation from viewing and using the Redeemer as of this moment is: choppy). (Old School Redeemer referencing it pre-charge buff, as per the Mesa update/release)

Edit: Perhaps the speed decrease is more due to the new animation, and not so much actual attack speed (this conclusion was reached after further usage). (the new 'snap' to the animation might make it feel as slower when it is perhaps not).

Edited by okibisenshi

The redeemer has been my main melee weapon for about 300 hours now, and I can confirm that it feels off. My muscle-memory charged shots are out of sync (300 hours gives you plenty of time to develop muscle memory to how the charged shots work and when to press the buttons to continuously fire it) and it is most definitely slower than I'm used to.I tried messing with speed mods (fury and spoiled strike) to see if I could "reset" the speed, no dice.

Another thing I noticed, the shots seem to be critting a lot less frequently. Perhaps they shadow-nerfed it?

Redeemer charge shot definitely is slower. Pre-patch, it swung, aligned the shot, and instantly fired. Post-patch, it swings, aligns the shot, then hold for a few milliseconds, and the fires. It is subtle, but I can definitely feel it got slower.

Edited by DeathshotSE

3 hours ago, Jackviator said:

The redeemer has been my main melee weapon for about 300 hours now, and I can confirm that it feels off. My muscle-memory charged shots are out of sync (300 hours gives you plenty of time to develop muscle memory to how the charged shots work and when to press the buttons to continuously fire it) and it is most definitely slower than I'm used to.I tried messing with speed mods (fury and spoiled strike) to see if I could "reset" the speed, no dice.

Another thing I noticed, the shots seem to be critting a lot less frequently. Perhaps they shadow-nerfed it?

Redeemers crit chance is only 5% per pellet, whenever you see yellow numbers its most always due to a stealth modifier, not a crit. I love the Redeemer to bits, but I can tell you quite clearly it doesnt crit all that often, if it did it would be doing astronomically higher damage, on top of being one of the hardest hitting "melees" in the game. Reminds me of a sortie where someone brought along a red crit kavat, man that was awesome.

7 hours ago, Jackviator said:

+1 same as u, my most used weapon is redemeer at 52% so I know excactly whats going here, it feels like DE nerfed redemeer's charge shot crit.

4 hours ago, Nox_Terminus said:

Redeemers crit chance is only 5% per pellet, whenever you see yellow numbers its most always due to a stealth modifier, not a crit. I love the Redeemer to bits, but I can tell you quite clearly it doesnt crit all that often, if it did it would be doing astronomically higher damage, on top of being one of the hardest hitting "melees" in the game. Reminds me of a sortie where someone brought along a red crit kavat, man that was awesome.

Stealth or no stealth redeemer's charge shot regularly crits on hit, but now all i'm seeing are white numbers, my two clan mates also feel the same, they both use redemeer on almost their custom loadouts preset (again same as me) so there's definitely ninja nerfed going on here.

I agree as well. This isn't scientific in the slightest, but I noticed the speed and crit drop after installing spoiled strike and berserker. Of course it would make sense that there would be a visible speed drop (especially with 0 berserker crit speed bonuses), so I removed spoiled strike, thinking that the 10% drop was enough to change my rhythm. This was when I noticed redeemer is just slower, and that nearly every shot was kicking up solely white numbers, in place of the usual massive yellows. 

Just tried to run a Spy mission, the firing speed is as if Im using Spoiled Strike without countering its negatives and under the effect of a cold proc.This needs to get addressed soon, because Its going to be a tad annoying if my most used weapon has been made effectively pointless.

Edited by Nox_Terminus

Follow up on Hotfix 2:

The charge shot is definitely improved compared to the stock Silver Grove Redeemer, but it's still quite a bit slower than it was back in Specters of the Rail and before.

It still has a delay after taking aim before firing, which did not exist before Silver Grove, as demonstrated by Mogamu's vid (first vid I found for the post-buff pre-Silver Grove Redeemer from Google):

Edited by Mattoropael

2 hours ago, Mattoropael said:

Follow up on Hotfix 2:

The charge shot is definitely improved compared to the stock Silver Grove Redeemer, but it's still quite a bit slower than it was back in Specters of the Rail and before.

It still has a delay after taking aim before firing, which did not exist before Silver Grove, as demonstrated by Mogamu's vid (first vid I found for the post-buff pre-Silver Grove Redeemer from Google)

This^^

It is still slower than it was. The charging speed is noticeable slower even with a maxed primed fury.

• 2 weeks later...

After some testing the reason it feels off seems to stem from the animation of the charged shots themselves. Before the Silver Grove, when chaining the charged shots the first shot would shoot almost immediately after the first pre-charge-shot swing of the weapon, as shown here (24 seconds in)

But now it seems there's a delay between the arbitrary first swing of the weapon and shooting a charged shot, almost like the Tenno is taking the time to aim first. (Which I suppose is more realistic, but we're talking about a game in which nigh-invulnerable space ninjas take on hordes of alien zombies and cloned armies, so realism isn't exactly the most important thing here).

Plz DE get rid of the delay. It was improved but not removed, and the weapon still feels off.

• 3 weeks later...