Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inaros horus helmet

As a main Inaros player, with the Anubis helm, I say:

TAKE MY MONEY NOW!!!!!!!!!  I want this helm!  However, being a realist, I realize as well that you may face an uphill battle if DE deems this to look too much like Stargate, however it may be different enough to pass by.  This helm has some very unique qualities the Stargate one does not.  If this came out, we then need a Staff weapon that would act like a gunblade, where it would be melee but then have a finisher that would shoot a plasma projectile forward.  I also agree that Inaros overall could use a premium body skin to go along with the helmet, as well as weapon skins to match the Egyptian style with either some sort of staff/polearm or a dagger since Covert Lethality and Inaros are deadly to anything but bosses and mini bosses.

I believe Inaros does not get his fair shake, when modded right and combo'ed with the right weapons and arcanes, he is nearly unkillable and can take on any mission or enemy.  I believe he should get some custom skins and helms to pay him his homage due, and this helm is right up there!

I've attached some photos for reference as to how this helmet is NOT Stargate :)

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

DANMAN

Horus_helmet.jpgJaffa_mask.jpgJaffa%20models.jpg

Edited by DANMAN3712
attached photos

Everyone beat me to the punch with this. I can totally see the relation between this helmet and the Jaffa helmet from SG. The silhouette feels almost proportionally the same, but I don't consider it to be a bad thing! They're both Egyptian related designs so it's fitting for Inaros.

Edited by KWANi

yes that was the primary inspiration i took notice, but i only checked the silhouette after that i stopped looking at it,  mainly because it will influence the art more than needed.  but glad you notice i ve been thinking in changing the ear part , i think something that links the wings with the skull will be more suitable.

Edited by (PS4)Frozenfenrir

I have never bought a tennogen/steam cosmetic for warframe but I love this so much I would absolutely buy it!

Agree with whoever suggested making a full skin of it! It looks amazing but it might look a bit weird on the regular Inaros skin? Hard for me to picture though to be honest.

On 20/08/2016 at 2:46 AM, (PS4)Frozenfenrir said:

Hi, im generating an alternative helmet for inaros with the Egyptian god theme, in this case horus , right now is in a sketch stage, nothing too fancy, appreciate the criticism and opinions, im a amateur so this a opportunity to learn some stuff also thanks for you time and contribution. 

Reveal hidden contents

104c2afde8402e042530e26246bd0ed7.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

7f06955f1bde9ce757030a8b75441869.jpg

I adore Egyptian themes. I would buy this in a heart beat.

On 8/24/2016 at 4:26 AM, Kenboushou said:

hlqFWNk.png

Inaros .. written in hieroglyphics .. 

*cough*wing-detail*cough*

;)

You... know those aren't real hieroglyphics, yes? >>

I'd also just like to point out the absurdity of a solid-rope noose in a hieroglyph font, considering in those days, they used a brass plate to facilitate the hanging rather than fastening it onto itself with a knot. But hey, that's just me being picky I guess. o3o

EDIT/ADDENDUM: Also, that bird in that hieroglyph? Its legs aren't broken, which is kind of a big deal considering. Ya'see, way back when, the Pharaoh wanted to exert control over everybody and their mom. But how could he be sure they were listening? He was advised to pass a decree that "all birds (when written) must be written with their legs broken so that they will not escape and peck your eyes out." Or something to similar effect.

The result was that any bird in Hieroglyphics you see past a certain Pharaoh (I think it was like the third one? It was an early one), all birds are written with their legs broken. They also were situated top a log and not simply free-standing on their own.

The broken legs of the bird were the direct inspiration for the letter "M" we still use today, as it was stolen by Roman Centurions during one of their invasions.

HISTORY CLASS IS OVER

Edited by DiosGX
EGYPT

7 hours ago, DiosGX said:

You... know those aren't real hieroglyphics, yes? >>

I'd also just like to point out the absurdity of a solid-rope noose in a hieroglyph font, considering in those days, they used a brass plate to facilitate the hanging rather than fastening it onto itself with a knot. But hey, that's just me being picky I guess. o3o

EDIT/ADDENDUM: Also, that bird in that hieroglyph? Its legs aren't broken, which is kind of a big deal considering. Ya'see, way back when, the Pharaoh wanted to exert control over everybody and their mom. But how could he be sure they were listening? He was advised to pass a decree that "all birds (when written) must be written with their legs broken so that they will not escape and peck your eyes out." Or something to similar effect.

The result was that any bird in Hieroglyphics you see past a certain Pharaoh (I think it was like the third one? It was an early one), all birds are written with their legs broken. They also were situated top a log and not simply free-standing on their own.

The broken legs of the bird were the direct inspiration for the letter "M" we still use today, as it was stolen by Roman Centurions during one of their invasions.

HISTORY CLASS IS OVER

You take things WAY too seriously my man. :p
But if it bothers you, you can go have a chat with the folks over at http://discoveringegypt.com/ whose "hieroglyphic-typewriter" (their words) I used. 

Would this be more accurate?
JJrNPX6.png

Not sure if that's the hieroglyph of a bird with broken legs or not.

Edited by Kenboushou

1 hour ago, Kenboushou said:

You take things WAY too seriously my man. :p
But if it bothers you, you can go have a chat with the folks over at http://discoveringegypt.com/ whose "hieroglyphic-typewriter" (their words) I used. 

Would this be more accurate?

PIC

Well, this got me curious so I dug into it more. Turns out, we're both right and wrong.

First, about the brokelegged bird, apparently that wasn't a permanent thing, but a happy coincidence that Rome stole the broken legs of the bird for the phonetic "mm" sound--which both greek and egyptian are the same in.

Now, it seems there are two types of hieroglyphs. I found this pretty rad pdf via google, third result of searching "grammar structure of hieroglyphics." Basically, the name you have in that second one is more accurate to Inaros' name than the first, but it's essentially the way a child would write it out. Considering certain lore though, that might be more suited than a more disciplined-looking caligraphic approach.

While we're on all this talk, have you ever noticed the resemblance between the eye of horus (a medicine god) and the prescription  "Rx" symbol? Ancient Egypt persists... o3o

We all learned something here. Yay. o 3o

8 minutes ago, DiosGX said:

Well, this got me curious so I dug into it more. Turns out, we're both right and wrong.

First, about the brokelegged bird, apparently that wasn't a permanent thing, but a happy coincidence that Rome stole the broken legs of the bird for the phonetic "mm" sound--which both greek and egyptian are the same in.

Now, it seems there are two types of hieroglyphs. I found this pretty rad pdf via google, third result of searching "grammar structure of hieroglyphics." Basically, the name you have in that second one is more accurate to Inaros' name than the first, but it's essentially the way a child would write it out. Considering certain lore though, that might be more suited than a more disciplined-looking caligraphic approach.

While we're on all this talk, have you ever noticed the resemblance between the eye of horus (a medicine god) and the prescription  "Rx" symbol? Ancient Egypt persists... o3o

We all learned something here. Yay. o 3o

The crossbar across the leg of the R is apparently a letter "I" standing for Jupiter, king of the gods, and the command means (basically) "take this and God help you". The astronomical symbol for Jupiter is reasonably similar, especially if you tilt it a bit:

https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-6ff83172ab5cb17997bcbf7e12a203ec-c?convert_to_webp=true

However there is also a similarity between Horus and Rx which is equally intriguing.

( paraphrased from a Quora article )

Incidentally, both Jupiter and Horus were sky gods. With Horus being so closely linked to the sun that Ra was often referred to as "Ra-Horakhty" or "Ra, who is Horus of the two horizons." Which is interesting when you consider that Ra was the big cheese of Egyptian pantheon, as Jupiter was to the Roman pantheon. 

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 10:37 PM, AntoineFlemming said:

So, I'm no Inaros player, but I have a request. I like what you're doing. I really do. But to get your helmet to really look good and convey that Egyptian style, you're gonna have to have a pretty stellar texture for your helmet, and that's gonna include having PBR metal. So, I have a request:

Could you please make a Tennogen skin for Inaros' body to go along with your helmet? Inaros' default texture leaves much to be desired, and it certainly won't go well with an Egyptian-themed helmet. So an Egyptian themed skin for his body would be needed to complement the helmet. Please consider this.

Oh, and the helmet looks amazing.

This ^^. I would buy them both.  While you are at it, could you make a melee skin to go with it? 

11 minutes ago, Meliq said:

This ^^. I would buy them both.  While you are at it, could you make a melee skin to go with it? 

I don't think DE's doing tennogen melee skins anymore. That seems like it was a one-time thing.

On 8/23/2016 at 7:52 AM, DANMAN3712 said:

As a main Inaros player, with the Anubis helm, I say:

TAKE MY MONEY NOW!!!!!!!!!  I want this helm!  However, being a realist, I realize as well that you may face an uphill battle if DE deems this to look too much like Stargate, however it may be different enough to pass by.  This helm has some very unique qualities the Stargate one does not.  If this came out, we then need a Staff weapon that would act like a gunblade, where it would be melee but then have a finisher that would shoot a plasma projectile forward.  I also agree that Inaros overall could use a premium body skin to go along with the helmet, as well as weapon skins to match the Egyptian style with either some sort of staff/polearm or a dagger since Covert Lethality and Inaros are deadly to anything but bosses and mini bosses.

I believe Inaros does not get his fair shake, when modded right and combo'ed with the right weapons and arcanes, he is nearly unkillable and can take on any mission or enemy.  I believe he should get some custom skins and helms to pay him his homage due, and this helm is right up there!

I've attached some photos for reference as to how this helmet is NOT Stargate :)

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

DANMAN

Horus_helmet.jpgJaffa_mask.jpgJaffa%20models.jpg

Brings back memories. I miss Stargate.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

This looks like amazing, and it would be even more amazing if you could make a SKIN out of it. Seriously, Inaros needs some metallic PBR ;)!

Finally, while we are speaking of Egyptians Gods, can we have an Obelisk The Tormentor Helmet ?:D *I'm already outside!*