The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vestan Moss cant find more than 2 per mission

GrimAtrament

3 hours ago, WrathAscending said:

Most of the problem is that it's just out of the way.

I haven't had much of an out of the way problem as much of an almost completely invisible problem. The Codex's pulse highlight on every item nearby identify Vestan Moss as an almost entirely flat object, meaning one won't notice unless looking at it from either a relatively high or relatively low angle which gets worse the farther you are from it. It's nearly agonizing trying to notice a 1x1 ft pile of green papers in a sea of green.

Edited by LazerSkink

3 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Or, for most of the quest, dull red papers against red-brown rocks

In addition to being ever so slightly noticeable outside a 5 ft radius. I've been driven nearly mad to the point I'm jumping to the nearest hot colored small object in every nook, cranny, corner, or generally open flat surface of the asteroid tileset like I'm lost in a desert and experiencing incredibly potent mirages/hallucinations. I am so grateful Vestan Moss is not found on Mars.

Edited by LazerSkink

28 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

any one know a spot where like 10 or 5  are in a mission at a time senda and saturn are both duds

i found first 5, then 3, and then 13 ^^)

The place where you can drop down to the tracks with the fan tunnel on top.  The stone wall of the track section have 2, you usually encounter 2-3 of those in any given astroid mission (Moss is only on Saturn IIRC)

The place where you can run down the winding stairs with the fences of go around the side to a short bridge that leads to the door to next area, there is 1 under the bridge.

The end room with the broken pile of stuff in the center and containers around it, there is one hiding behind the trash to the right as you walk in

Edited by Karamethien

15 minutes ago, Karamethien said:

The place where you can drop down to the tracks with the fan tunnel on top.  The stone wall of the track section have 2, you usually encounter 2-3 of those in any given astroid mission (Moss is only on Saturn IIRC)

The place where you can run down the winding stairs with the fences of go around the side to a short bridge that leads to the door to next area, there is 1 under the bridge.

The end room with the broken pile of stuff in the center and containers around it, there is one hiding behind the trash to the right as you walk in

Nope, me and my buddies found Moss in Mercury as well.

If anyone goes Mercury check rock surfaces and walls for 'em. They also usually hide behind containers or are on the floor.

• 1 month later...

M Prime on Mercury's where I go.  Just go in with an upgraded synthesis scanner from Simaris.  Kill off all the enemies and then run around.  The spawning points for the moss are guaranteed spawns on the relevant map tiles.

You'll see moss show up if you use the aim/right-click mode of the scanner, and thus memorize them.

The only thing that makes me hate Vestan Moss is the fact that a mission hardly yields 10 of them, while the apothic needs 25. The complete opposite of Ruk's Claw.

42 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

There's this thing called a Helios that will scan them all for you...

Helios will only scan 12 of them, the necessary ones to complete codex entry. The sentinel doesn't scan plants for extracts as of now.

21 minutes ago, TheScytale said:

The only thing that makes me hate Vestan Moss is the fact that a mission hardly yields 10 of them, while the apothic needs 25. The complete opposite of Ruk's Claw.

Helios will only scan 12 of them, the necessary ones to complete codex entry. The sentinel doesn't scan plants for extracts as of now.

Interesting.  Still, that's half your quota.