The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

OK, clearly DE aren't understanding WHY we Nullifiers get so much hate

TARINunit9

2 minutes ago, jjpdn said:

Its their sheer number.

If you are play past 20 minutes in any mission that is expected to have nullifiers. You can plan around with frame, primary, secondary and melee choices. You have agency to mitigate the playing field. If it is above your arsenal or capacity, enjoy the experience and see how far you can progress, then grind until you have the mods and gear every other tenno must do to feel OP.

Just now, NGarai said:

If you are play past 20 minutes in any mission that is expected to have nullifiers. You can plan around with frame, primary, secondary and melee choices. You have agency to mitigate the playing field. If it is above your arsenal or capacity, enjoy the experience and see how far you can progress, then grind until you have the mods and gear every other tenno must do to feel OP.

I've had three Nullies stuck together once. Not fun, when theres 5+ heavies inside their bubble. 

24 minutes ago, jjpdn said:

I've had three Nullies stuck together once. Not fun, when theres 5+ heavies inside their bubble. 

So have I. Depending on my equipped arsenal and mods, I will gauge the risk. When I make an unsure assault then lose, I can use that experience to plan better next time (and hope my pug-mates rescue me, or know clan mates will). Nulliefiers offer a change in gameplay tempo, they are needed to counter OPness of Tenno. The fact that more than one are spawning in your mission means that you are playing past ~20 minutes or in a high level mission. If downed continuously due to nullifiers, then you are in a mission above your frame rank and mod level, or not making the right tactical choices. Grind/Buy/Trade for the mods or weapons you need to handle that specific mission better. Side thought: When playing above your capacity, expect to be schooled by enemy factions.

P.S. I will concede that in random engagements you will find yourself in a situation surrounded by 3+ nullifiers/Napalm/Ancents that make the situation nie unwinnable given personal gear and/or party gear. Lets not pad the extremes, these are rare.

Edited by NGarai
typo

On 8/20/2016 at 1:05 AM, SharkPot said:

You haven't ever done a survival that lasts more than an hour have you??

I know this was on the very first page of this thread but I had to comment on it, and I'm sure others have.

...Why would you do a survival that lasts over an hour if not for the challenge?

Rewards reset after 20 minutes. Once you go past that, there's no reason to continue other than bragging rights or, if it's Derelict, milking the key (which can be easily crafted).

So if you're arguing that Nullifiers are broken/too hard after 1 hour of survival, then they're probably working as intended because almost everything is pretty broken at that point.

Now as for nullifiers themselves, I don't really see the problem. Sorry, but I don't. I never have, after all this time of people crying about them.

Bring a high ROF gun to pop those bubbles almost instantly, or slide into their bubble and kill them instantly with your preferred weapon of choice, since their hp/armor is pretty low. If you need to recast your abilities after touching their bubble, go ahead. Is there a bunch of nullifiers around? As stated before - get in close and smack them in the face. They die so fast.

Edited by SoulEchelon

Yea.  I play all my frames regularly, split up the variety of my weapons regularly, and used to solo TIV at an hour in survival before the change.  I still am unbothered by nullifiers.  The present a challenge that requires me to rethink my strategy and I enjoy it.  

17 minutes ago, SoulEchelon said:

I know this was on the very first page of this thread but I had to comment on it, and I'm sure others have.

...Why would you do a survival that lasts over an hour if not for the challenge?

Rewards reset after 20 minutes. Once you go past that, there's no reason to continue other than bragging rights or, if it's Derelict, milking the key (which can be easily crafted).

So if you're arguing that Nullifiers are broken/too hard after 1 hour of survival, then they're probably working as intended because almost everything is pretty broken at that point.

Now as for nullifiers themselves, I don't really see the problem. Sorry, but I don't. I never have, after all this time of people crying about them.

Bring a high ROF gun to pop those bubbles almost instantly, or slide into their bubble and kill them instantly with your preferred weapon of choice, since their hp/armor is pretty low. If you need to recast your abilities after touching their bubble, go ahead. Is there a bunch of nullifiers around? As stated before - get in close and smack them in the face. They die so fast.

But what about the frames that rely solely on the abilities to survive? In a survival of let's say 30 minutes, ivara easily gets mowed down and so is zephyr because of them being squishy and solely relying on abilities for survival. They get rekt. I find the spira prime to be very efficient in taking down those things. 

Just now, mob9221 said:

But what about the frames that rely solely on the abilities to survive? In a survival of let's say 30 minutes, ivara easily gets mowed down and so is zephyr because of them being squishy and solely relying on abilities for survival. They get rekt. I find the spira prime to be very efficient in taking down those things. 

Easy. Both of the warframes you just mentioned are best at range. If you know you're going to fight high level nullifiers, a RoF weapon is your friend. You mentioned Spira: That'd work pretty well. I use twin Grakatas myself. They can pop bubbles so quick I have to be careful not to hold left click down too long or I'd waste ammo. Once the bubble pops, take out the nullifer or any enemies that were once protected by it.

Just now, SoulEchelon said:

Easy. Both of the warframes you just mentioned are best at range. If you know you're going to fight high level nullifiers, a RoF weapon is your friend. You mentioned Spira: That'd work pretty well. I use twin Grakatas myself. They can pop bubbles so quick I have to be careful not to hold left click down too long or I'd waste ammo. Once the bubble pops, take out the nullifer or any enemies that were once protected by it.

Lol the twin grakatas would be suicide for ivara tbh breaking stealth naaaaah.

Just now, mob9221 said:

I didn't say I use twin grakatas for Ivara. I said I use twin grakatas generally. Obviously for a stealth frame I'll either put a silencer mod on that weapon or use an inherently silent one.

1 minute ago, mob9221 said:

What I find more cheesy is that they DROP out of nowhere especially in the void. And it's just game over for many frames.

Need to add the word "potentially" to that sentence. Parkour, mobility mods, damage mitigation mods, quick reflexes, and "oh sh*t" planned weapon load-out are reasonable counters to your scenario.

Just now, NGarai said:

Need to add the word "potentially" to that sentence. Parkour, mobility mods, damage mitigation mods, quick reflexes, and "oh sh*t" planned weapon load-out are reasonable counters to your scenario.

Not for Ivara though ): 

1 hour ago, mob9221 said:

There's this mod called Suppress.  I use this mod with Twin Grakatas, Dex Furis, and Akstilleto Primes with Ivara.  None of them break stealth with that mod equipped.   Even got that nice Silent Battery for those times when I have shotgun only Sorties.  

Edited by DatDarkOne
spelling

1 hour ago, DatDarkOne said:

There's this mod called Suppress.  I use this mod with Twin Grakatas, Dex Furis, and Akstilleto Primes with Ivara.  None of them break stealth with that mod equipped.   Even got that nice Silent Battery for those times when I have shotgun only Sorties.  

And give up a mod slot just so you can justify how nullies are now? No-one is asking to remove them, all we are asking is a way for people to kill nullies without having to go all in or switch to a rapid fire gun just for one mob.

17 minutes ago, Ankoku_no_Hime said:

And give up a mod slot just so you can justify how nullies are now? No-one is asking to remove them, all we are asking is a way for people to kill nullies without having to go all in or switch to a rapid fire gun just for one mob.

If one mob is presenting the largest challenge why is it unreasonable to mod one of your three weapons to handle the situation? How often do you switch weapons? Nearly all of the pugs I've been in, most Tenno stick to a single primary/secondary with the occasion quick melee. We have three weapon options, unless your being a switch hitter (their is an aura for that too), build your auxiliary loadouts to handle the mission diversity you expect to encounter.

Edited by NGarai
clarity

51 minutes ago, Ankoku_no_Hime said:

My post was in response to  Mob9221's comment about Twin Grakatas, etc breaking Ivara's stealth.  For Ivara, you aren't giving up a mod slot at all if you realize that she gets a headshot multiplier while in Prowl.  So it's kinda an important mod for her.  I'm not sure how you came to those conclusions from my post.   With the exception of the situation brought up by Kiyomaru in regards to fissure missions (which I agreed is evilly harsh), I generally don't have any problems with Nullies.  And yes, I use Ivara a lot.  That could be one of the reason I don't have the problems like others.  Well, that and I mostly solo. 

I have no problems with nullifiers, sure they bring me some trouble from time to time, but that's what enemies are there for. 

I have more problems with eximus leaching me through walls and with ancient and scorpions hooks getting me even after I knocked them down, dodged them or even escaped to another room already. 

3 hours ago, mob9221 said:

Ivara's ult can do multiple instances of damage per shot to the nullshield if shot tangentially (so that arrows do not hit at the same time). I was able to do up to 4.

2 hours ago, H3RRD0KT0R said:

I have no problems with nullifiers, sure they bring me some trouble from time to time, but that's what enemies are there for. 

I have more problems with eximus leaching me through walls and with ancient and scorpions hooks getting me even after I knocked them down, dodged them or even escaped to another room already. 

This. While situationally annoying Nullifiers have several counters. Lets address the real game inhibiting issues of bugged AI behavior and powers that punish player agency.