The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change To Mastery Tests

Meenmu

Made a post on another topic and someone recommended I make a new topic for it. I thought, "why not." So here is what I posted, feel free to add suggestions and tell me what you think.

The mastery tests are a neat little system that, from what it looks like, were intended to function as tutorials for players as they gradually got into the game. The thing is, the mastery ranks take so long to achieve, that by the time you get to the second or even first rank test, you are already experienced enough with the game to render the mastery "tutorials" a complete waste of time.

In my opinion they should just be removed from the ranking up process altogether and turned into optional training missions that are available after the initial character creation tutorial. Perhaps make the easier ones unlock the harder ones, call them challenge missions or something. Perhaps give a small credit reward for completing each one to give starting players a bit of an advantage for getting new equipment (which, ironically, would probably accomplish the original intent behind the mastery system even better).

Then maybe, as a one time reward for completing every tutorial mission (what is currently mastery rank tests, in case you forgot) you get a unique weapon or one forma to introduce you into the polarization system.

Original thread: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/68882-fix-the-rank-8-tests/

no i like the mastery system as it is is now super easy

The difficulty isn't the point. The point is that it can be used better, and can aid in introducing newer players to the game. As it stands now, the tests are a meaningless waste of time that, at best, are a nice break from the usual, and at worst can hold you back from progressing.

Taking into consideration that some weapons are mastery locked, the latter scenario, which may happen from bugs and minor misunderstandings, can actually keep players from playing with the new weapons they were looking forward to trying out (for at least 24 hours). This flies in the face of the very purpose of the mastery system overall: to get players to try out new equipment.