Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr would need buffs

Air-mage

4 hours ago, (XB1)Bortis Badtouch said:

banshee is ridiculous, she is in a good spot, people just dont play her because she is a niche frame, high risk, high reward, would like sound quake to cast quicker though

There's a mod for that called natural talent, but it might be hard to get. Banshee is one of the many frames I've been meaning to try, but never bothered to farm or make room for. Kind of like Chroma, Equinox and Frost.

There are several frames that are quite good, but are outclassed in multiple areas by other frames. Zephyr happens to be one of them. People play Zephyr for one of two reasons - her first mobility and her shield. Her mobility is less special thanks to parkour, and her shield is outclassed by Frost's snow-globe. Banshee has trouble staying meta because she's not quite a stealth frame, and her sonar is often considered weak compared to Saryn's spore and Nova's antimatter.

For people looking for certain playstyles, these niche frames are perfect. The problem is that everyone goes for what's meta, effective and unlikely to get others mad at them over genuinely enjoyable mechanics.

47 minutes ago, Karav said:

There's a mod for that called natural talent, but it might be hard to get. Banshee is one of the many frames I've been meaning to try, but never bothered to farm or make room for. Kind of like Chroma, Equinox and Frost.

There are several frames that are quite good, but are outclassed in multiple areas by other frames. Zephyr happens to be one of them. People play Zephyr for one of two reasons - her first mobility and her shield. Her mobility is less special thanks to parkour, and her shield is outclassed by Frost's snow-globe. Banshee has trouble staying meta because she's not quite a stealth frame, and her sonar is often considered weak compared to Saryn's spore and Nova's antimatter.

For people looking for certain playstyles, these niche frames are perfect. The problem is that everyone goes for what's meta, effective and unlikely to get others mad at them over genuinely enjoyable mechanics.

banshee is meta though, she can give the entire team CRAZY damage buffs on top of silencing and making enemies never wish they were born with ears

1 minute ago, (XB1)Bortis Badtouch said:

banshee is meta though, she can give the entire team CRAZY damage buffs on top of silencing and making enemies never wish they were born with ears

I won't argue what is and isn't meta. I just rarely see banshee. Besides, we're supposed to be talking about ways to buff Zephyr - like what could replace her second ability should we combine divebomb with tailwind. All in favor of Gust?

Just now, Karav said:

I won't argue what is and isn't meta. I just rarely see banshee. Besides, we're supposed to be talking about ways to buff Zephyr - like what could replace her second ability should we combine divebomb with tailwind. All in favor of Gust?

zephyr is weird tbh, just maxed her and to me her only viable ability is 3 which is awesome for solo play i guess, but she does not contribute much to a team, i guess her 4 does for emergency cc but it is really weird, tornadoes could appear in the next room so it is really wonky.

Just now, (XB1)Bortis Badtouch said:

zephyr is weird tbh, just maxed her and to me her only viable ability is 3 which is awesome for solo play i guess, but she does not contribute much to a team, i guess her 4 does for emergency cc but it is really weird, tornadoes could appear in the next room so it is really wonky.

She was amazing at Corpus interception missions because tailwind let her reinforce points faster than anyone else, and turbulence made her effectively invulnerable. In some ways she is still useful there, but it's not the same.

• 3 months later...
On 2016. 08. 21. at 2:32 AM, (PS4)KikoEschobar said:

I've been playing a LOT more Zephyr lately than I had previously and I gotta say, what she does, she does well. Defensive mobility is Zephyr's strong suit. It's not really important when in a mission like defense, but in a survival or sabotage, it becomes incredibly useful. I have yet to die with Turbulence on, it's that good. You could say I've been maiming her the last few weeks, so I can honestly assess her issues.

Her major issues revolve around her inconsistent other three abilities. It's more like 2.5 of her abilities if I'm being genuine, as her #1 can be pretty damn useful when moving or escaping eximus auras. However, her second is beyond pointless..... and I mean that almost literally. You just wasted 50 energy on a ground slam......A FREAKING GROUND SLAM!!! And her 4, I flipped a table so hard about it the other day. Why are the Tornadoes SOOOO random? They have the worst patching A.I. I've ever seen on any usuable power in any video game..... EVER! They only serve a purpose as emergency CC, which is actually pretty subpar even then. 100 energy, for subpar CC? No ty.

Now how do we go about rectifying these issues? I honestly couldn't tell you, but her two HAS to go. I don't care what else happens, get it the hell out of here. She's a wind based frame, give her something that isn't "Faceplant" for 50 energy. Not only does it underwhelm in combat situations, it visually seems rather lazily implemented. While we're at it, her ULT could use a scrapping too. I liked the idea of 4 rage tempest tornadoes, but with that patching A.I., just no. Make it an offensive ability, because her kit is in desperate need of one. 

Sorry....this got kinda long. Hopefully she gets looked at in the few months. Until then, I'll be rocking that Hitsu-San tennogen skin (Hargomo???) that console tenno can finally get.

hmm i am a bit late with anwsering, but tornadoes spawn point and search range depends on your warframes range

On 8/25/2016 at 8:31 PM, (Xbox One)Bortis Badtouch said:

On 8/25/2016 at 8:35 PM, Karav said:

She was amazing at Corpus interception missions because tailwind let her reinforce points faster than anyone else, and turbulence made her effectively invulnerable. In some ways she is still useful there, but it's not the same.

Yup, There it is. Zephyr is a fantastic fast responder. Once you've got a handle on how to move her around you can get to trouble faster than just about any other frame. Great for Interception missions. Great for Nullifier hunting. Great for rescuing downed allies. And with Turbulence, even though she's probably the only one there to help, she's very unlikely to let you down by being downed.