Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

FPS Drops After Silver Grove Update

Ruoppox

5 hours ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

Alright. That appears to be a specific bug related to Vauban / Vauban Prime (appears to require an excessive amount of energy), which we have begun looking into on our end. However the "overall general slow performance since Silver Grove" that this thread was created to address, have you also been experiencing that as well? If so, could you show us?

Mostly interested in finding out how poorly your game is running when you record these hardware stats. The stats are definitely helpful, but without knowing what kind of direct impact those numbers are having on the game itself then there is only so much that we can do.

Should I go and get MSI afterburner overlay running on the stream? But I don't know if I can overlay it totally.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

I used to have 200 fps in game (team play) and 400 fps in the liset. Then I capped the fps at 200.

Since U19, game performance is getting worse and worse for me.

Now I got 40~80 fps in game (team play), and still near 400 fps in the liset.

Now I can't even keep it at 60, and changing any graphic settings doesn't help.

I already sent my EE.log, but the support said they can not find the clue for now... with no further instruction (But they said the develop team is working on it, please keep an eye on the update note).

7 hours ago, Kenboushou said:

Apart from specs, what information can we provide to assist with your investigations? DX logs? Video? 

Yes, and an EE.log in a support ticket would be extremely helpful as well. Video to show us the problem, a DxDiag, and an EE.log taken from the session that the video was recorded. The video isn't even necessary in most cases however we have been having a difficult time reproducing some of the issues mentioned in this thread, so a video would be greatly appreciated to help us understand what exactly players are seeing. 

7 hours ago, TheRoaringLion said:

Should I go and get MSI afterburner overlay running on the stream? But I don't know if I can overlay it totally.

That's completely up to you. If the problem is bad enough then theoretically we should be able to see it with no overlay (low framerate, stuttering, etc), but if you'd prefer to use one then that's fine as well. Just trying to get an understanding for what exactly it is you are seeing, because what we saw from the archived streams didn't make it clear.

Edited by [DE]Dmitri

5 hours ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

Just a heads up for any Nvidia users who are still experiencing framerate issues --

Nvidia have just released their new 372.70 WHQL drivers and we strongly encourage you to update. (ideally a clean installation)
http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/battlefield-1-open-beta-world-of-warcraft-legion-game-ready-driver-released

Thanks.

Unfortunately, it doesn't help for me.

No offense but these is no reason that previous stable drivers suddenly become broken after warframe's update while all other games still run perfectly.

It is Warframe itself obviously.

Specifically, this seems to be a CPU related issue instead of GPU imho, because changing any graphic setting does not help.

Edited by aerosoul1337

14 hours ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

Yes, and an EE.log in a support ticket would be extremely helpful as well. Video to show us the problem, a DxDiag, and an EE.log taken from the session that the video was recorded. The video isn't even necessary in most cases however we have been having a difficult time reproducing some of the issues mentioned in this thread, so a video would be greatly appreciated to help us understand what exactly players are seeing.

Alright. Will try to reproduce.

12 hours ago, aerosoul1337 said:

Unfortunately, it doesn't help for me.

No offense but these is no reason that previous stable drivers suddenly become broken after warframe's update while all other games still run perfectly.

It is Warframe itself obviously.

Specifically, this seems to be a CPU related issue instead of GPU imho, because changing any graphic setting does not help.

Yeah, absolutely understand the frustration. Just want to make sure everyone has the latest. At the very least so we can rule out GPU drivers as a potential culprit.

Edited by [DE]Dmitri

I have noticed that certain conclave maps suffer from this while others not, specific examples are grineer outpost giving me 40fps (in conclave, please?) and freightline giving me the good ol 90+ fps, that should be a good point to start digging in.

Had some Framedrops again while streaming last broadcast will have some moments sorry if its a long broadcast but I can't seem to find myself where it is but on some normal maps I get frame-drops too so just saying.

https://www.twitch.tv/theroaringlion/v/86978162

I run on latest drivers did an OC on my ram to see if it makes a difference but no it does not make any difference at all and it is running at 2ghz.

I dont know but CPU load overall was like 50% average each given time so its not my PC or windows.
GPU's not even maxed

Where should I post my last EE.log ?

Chao, The Roaring Lion

I've been messing with the video options, y'know, setting everything to low and such. Nothing changes. Sure once I turned DirectX 11 and 10 off I got a minor boost in FPS but that was it. Oh so minor.

That's when I had the weird idea to switch over to 64-bit and voila~, I'm getting a somewhat playable 15-20fps in excavation missions and 30+ in other mission types. The liset is the same. I don't know, maybe its some freak accident and won't work in the next hour. Just thought I'd give my own two-plat.

EDIT: Nope, nevermind! It was a one time magical event, FPS is back in the dumpster... My bad. >.<

Edited by SmilingJester

I was going to post in another thread but it went on to be a post about specs. 

Something IN GAME is screwing us. All of my other games are performing fine.

I lost half of my FPS recently & more & more people are saying the same, in some areas its back to my 80fps+ & others it'll dip down to as low as 40 or 30 & outright stutter.

Is it the newer fog effects?

I just bought a entirely new PC with: i5 6600K, 16GB DDR4, XFX RX 480 8 GB overclocked to 1.4 Ghz and Im going down to 26.6 fps when Im in game with other people, and like 50Fps alone, this is basically the same settings as I had with my older computer which was a AMD A10 5800+ 8 GB DDR3 RAM and a AMD HD 7850. on that old computer the minimum frame rate I used to hit was 33FPS, for the same settings and hitting 26, something is horribly wrong.

the FPS of all my other games have increased dramatically, most noticeably Star Citizen Alpha which I can actually run at a playable frame rate now.

On 9/4/2016 at 6:28 PM, evil_m3nace said:

the FPS of all my other games have increased dramatically, most noticeably Star Citizen Alpha which I can actually run at a playable frame rate now.

Off topic... thanks for reminding me, *starts download*

1 hour ago, Kenboushou said:

Off topic... thanks for reminding me, *starts download*

its Off and On topic it has to do with Game performance and in this instance it is better with a non release game.
Anyways to leverage my Rig can handle much more then Warframe Should draw on my system.
Battelfield 4 runs like butter smooth, Battlefield 1 OPEN BETA runs decent because Dx12 and well it still uses one GPU Lol. It only drops on SMOOOKE yes smoke thats it the rest it does not care at all, I guess just a optimization issue that they need to fix or just GPU power that I can't use still.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

Edited by TheRoaringLion

7 hours ago, TheRoaringLion said:

its Off and On topic it has to do with Game performance and in this instance it is better with a non release game.
Anyways to leverage my Rig can handle much more then Warframe Should draw on my system.
Battelfield 4 runs like butter smooth, Battlefield 1 OPEN BETA runs decent because Dx12 and well it still uses one GPU Lol. It only drops on SMOOOKE yes smoke thats it the rest it does not care at all, I guess just a optimization issue that they need to fix or just GPU power that I can't use still.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

I meant my comment was off-topic, :) 

Going to have to disagree from my experience, the FPS in SC is worse than it is in Warframe. Warframe's FPS is intermittent for me and only crops up in when the map gets really busy (a lot of enemies, abilities and particle effects on screen). SC the FPS is poor all the time, but I'm going to chalk that up to it being Alpha and likely not properly optimised for all cards. 

3 hours ago, Kenboushou said:

I meant my comment was off-topic, :) 

Going to have to disagree from my experience, the FPS in SC is worse than it is in Warframe. Warframe's FPS is intermittent for me and only crops up in when the map gets really busy (a lot of enemies, abilities and particle effects on screen). SC the FPS is poor all the time, but I'm going to chalk that up to it being Alpha and likely not properly optimised for all cards. 

Warframe is not a game rendered with Cryengine and well to say your specs are enough for SC, but keep in mind it is a GPU bound game but more cores can't hurt http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=5490&game=Star Citizen. because that game is meant for monster rigs with loads of GPU power.
anyways your RX480 is a mid range card.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

Edited by TheRoaringLion

4 hours ago, TheRoaringLion said:

Warframe is not a game rendered with Cryengine and well to say your specs are enough for SC, but keep in mind it is a GPU bound game but more cores can't hurt http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=5490&game=Star Citizen. because that game is meant for monster rigs with loads of GPU power.
anyways your RX480 is a mid range card.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

I have a 1060. :)