Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons: Revert Forced Reloading Nerf (i.e. reload cancelling)

Krysyth

In The Silver Grove, changes were made that inhibit forcing reloads on weapons with singular magazine size such as the Vectis, (Depleted Reload) Vectis Prime, and the Tigris series. This actively combats a form of skillful play that provides a boost in effectiveness, and is a poor change.

Even if reload-cancelling was some kind of bug, it added an extra (even if small) layer of depth to the gameplay of weapons that could use it. The wherewithal to consistently reload-cancel shot after shot while maneuvering, casting powers, and doing various other things was a developed skill, had no negative impact on the game, and rewarded assiduous players with a small performance boost in the form of faster reloads.

This change made cancel-eligible weapons much clunkier and took away a significant part of the identities of the Vectis and Tigris series. It should be reverted.

2 hours ago, Misgenesis said:

Reload canceling on Tigris? Didnt the reload always end on time with the animation? Now it feels like the animation and reload are longer even though UI tells its the same.

Canceling the delay before the automatic reload by manually hitting the reload key. It's standard jargon in several video game genres to indicate how you're canceling and not what you're canceling (because it's assumed you're canceling a recovery animation of some sort).

23 hours ago, Krysyth said:

In The Silver Grove, changes were made that inhibit forcing reloads on weapons with singular magazine size such as the Vectis, (Depleted Reload) Vectis Prime, and the Tigris series. This actively combats a form of skillful play that provides a boost in effectiveness, and is a poor change.

You can still reload cancel on those weapons, but the delay before you are able to is noticeably longer.

That said, I'd also really like this change reverted.

3 hours ago, Inarticulate said:

Canceling the delay before the automatic reload by manually hitting the reload key. It's standard jargon in several video game genres to indicate how you're canceling and not what you're canceling (because it's assumed you're canceling a recovery animation of some sort).

You can still reload cancel on those weapons, but the delay before you are able to is noticeably longer.

That said, I'd also really like this change reverted.

Indeed, this was the essence of the nerf. It just seems like a dirty way to do it, as well - just inserting a delay and presumably hoping that nobody would notice.

I think this must have been an unintended effect from this bugfix: 

On 19/08/2016 at 1:32 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed bug where reload time could accumulate from canceling a reload while there was 0 ammo in clip.

Edited by Dragazer

The reload delay is tied to fire rate. The higher the fire rate stat, the shorter the auto reload delay.

The tigris series effectiveness is not tied to fire rate at all since the duplex auto mechanic fires both shells at rapid pace. When tested with tainted shells mod, the delay for auto reload is horrible, nearly 1 second delay. It can be subverted by forced reloading in the past.

Now, forced reload or not, you have to wait out the entire delay + reload in order to fire again.

This change is just stupid. These weapons are unique in their reload mechanics which allowed players to squeeze out the maximum dps out of them. The pacing of shots is totally off for the tigris  and vectis series.

I don't care if it is a PvP balancing act or not, if it ain't broke, don't fix it! No one complained about it, so why go overboard with this 'fix'?

Chinese proverb of the day:  画蛇添足 

Modding your weapon for reload and reloading 1-2 sec is a good thing.

Taking 5 sec between life and death to reload is not for everyone.

If 1) Tigris can't have that ability to first shot, then release 2nd shot. I would support this. Exploit, what are exploit? How long do you think Exploit will be out.

Hey all, let's get the word out on this lol. I'm gonna make sure that, for every single hotfix or update, I'll let DE know by linking this topic. Just did it in the recent hotfix 4 (where I was hoping for the reload fix haha).

Good to know I'm not the only sufferer here!

18 hours ago, REKTifier_ said:

Hey all, let's get the word out on this lol. I'm gonna make sure that, for every single hotfix or update, I'll let DE know by linking this topic. Just did it in the recent hotfix 4 (where I was hoping for the reload fix haha).

Good to know I'm not the only sufferer here!

Really hope this gets fixed its really lame now, especially when the Tigris Prime has a slower reload than the Sancti

Hmm, I thought this was a bug.
Never the less, here is a showcase if anyone needs to see it with your own eyes. Basically, showing what ligonare already said.

The curious thing is that if you fire only one shot, the reload animation seems to play properly.

Edited by ComediNyan

And we're nearly a week into hotfix 5 with no official answers yet.. :( Not that devs aren't working hard but manual reloading Vectis was kind of a life in this game for me and impatience is getting real. Hopefully this is just a side effect of something that will be fixed soon

It seems like this might have also screwed up Vectis use by specters, too. It seemed like a good choice for a specter loadout since it was accurate, good damage, long range, and the AI didn't get confused about reloading it and regularly firing. That last part seems to have disappeared, because now after firing the specter seems to reload the vectis three or four times before actually firing again.