Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So.... fix for infinite Scorch range any time soon?

Scylax

Tried out an ODE with Ivara (max rank, max shields/health) so I can put some kitties to sleep. I'm getting absolutely torn up by Scorches half way across the room. As that happened I remembered month-old complaints about Scorches being bugged and having infinite range. Is DE planning on fixing this any time soon...?

as long as i've known this bug to be in the game, DE has never fixed it. Its actually worse than OP describes.  You can get hit by scorches  shooting at targets in adjacent rooms without even opening the door to that room, even if they arent facing in your direction. I've had plenty of sentinels just explode for no reason because of this bug.

they dont have infinite range, the ignis now comes with puncture so it can shoot through things.

The issue is that for some reason the unit is actually seeing you through walls and shooting through them.

What they need to do is make it so the unit has to have actual visual contact before it shoots.

Now they are basically wallhacking.

21 hours ago, Bizzaro21 said:

but not 360.....

360 NO SCOPE FEIRY DEATH. sorry had to.

21 hours ago, Mak_Gohae said:

they dont have infinite range, the ignis now comes with puncture so it can shoot through things.

The issue is that for some reason the unit is actually seeing you through walls and shooting through them.

What they need to do is make it so the unit has to have actual visual contact before it shoots.

Now they are basically wallhacking.

thank you know I can actually understand them, I was curious if the ai could see through walls. Really sucks.

3 hours ago, KiryuKusakabe said:

they fixed them from seeing you through walls with the first silver grove hotfix. Ignis has punch through so it can hit you through walls and it has a large AoE

It's not just a large aoe the damage applies in a 360 degree radius so if you are anywhere within range of a scorch when it fires its weapon you will be hit even if it's facing away from you firing its weapon at infested. I didn't even know there was another part of the bug that let them wallhack though I can confirm that the elite lancers in derelicts can currently shoot at you through walls.

The derelict tileset is nearly unplayable currently. Maybe they should remove grineer spawns from the map until they can sort it out.  

On 21/08/2016 at 10:23 PM, Bizzaro21 said:

it only happens in orokin derelict, i suspect it`s intended as it isnt the unit itself, it`s the map

Nope, not just the derelict. They did this in one of the sortie missions a few weeks ago, which was an excavation on Phobos (before it had its tileset and ownership swapped with Mars). People in my squad kept dying out of absolutely nowhere because a scorch was firing at something else (we had a nyx) six metres above us and pointing 90 degrees to the right.

The hitcone for a scorch's ignis is plain broken.

5 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

Nope, not just the derelict. They did this in one of the sortie missions a few weeks ago, which was an excavation on Phobos (before it had its tileset and ownership swapped with Mars). People in my squad kept dying out of absolutely nowhere because a scorch was firing at something else (we had a nyx) six metres above us and pointing 90 degrees to the right.

The hitcone for a scorch's ignis is plain broken.

i see, however it doesnt do this for me in any tileset except derelict, maybe because i run solo, but as far as i know it definitely needs fixing anyway

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...