The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Xp On Formad Items Now!

cknives

I'm tired of running around with garbage items all day. Id rather forma something i like 10x

End game? Play with a full load out of low lvl S#&$ weapons that you sell at rank 30 to keep getting mastery xp.

Fun? Not IMO

Pros to add mastery xp to forma resets:

People have to farm(buy) forma.

People can use the frame/weapon they like = fun

People progress their frame/weapon + get mastery xp

mastery level is essentially game completion. you can run around with the stuff you want at any time you'd like. once you've mastered something you a master at it and cant just master a master. chess masters gain nothing from playing people significantly lower. mastery of arms is the same. and hey maybe mastering that S#&$ weapon you hate will give you an appreciation for it by the time your done. and you will have mastered that weapon. mastery is the reason i love the grakata. hated it until like level 28 found i loved it and potatoed that #@*&$@ and now its my favorite weapon. it started as the one i hated most (for primaries).

so no the mastery system is fine as is. forma your favorite and primary stuff but you shouldn't gain mastery more then you gain from anything else.

your suggestion is short sighted and selfish.

it prevents new weapons going straight into the dead content section.

sometimes a little thinking before posting an idea can go a long ways.

The spirit of the game is to run around with lvl 5 latos at mastery rank 6? da F***?

The point of the mastery rank is so that you have to experience pretty much all of the game to get to where you want, if you're using the same thing over and over again it doesn't present a challenge at all, and eventually it will get boring.

Role playing aside. (experience different weapons... lol)

Mastery is just a silly grind right now. Its a way to force every one to play the limited content they made(yay same weapons with different skins)

I'm literally using the worst weapons i can find right now just cause i know i will sell them at 30. (Boar,Lato,random alert sword)

So i sit around at xini or kappa shooting stuff with a lvl 5 lato doing 10 dmg and adding nothing to the team .(Ok my dethcube still owns i guess)

I would love to forma my Hek or despair but i cant since i have to use S#&$ weapons to get to mastery rank 7. And this will only get worse as DE adds more weapons at higher mastery ranks.

It's called Mastery for a reason.

You're suppose to master different weapons and frames.

Letting you get mastery for the same thing over and over again isn't really mastering something but it's like, forgetting how to use something and learning to use it all over again. Which in turn would probably make you lose the mastery you had in the first place.

I'm fine with the system as is because it makes sense.

Edit: Forgot to add. They could of also left forma out of the game and not let you customize a weapon/frame to your liking. There's no winning with you people is there?

Edited by Valerosus

Perhaps the OP-bashing has gotten a little overzealous. I do not agree with formatted weapons rewarding additional mastery, for several of the reasons given above; however, my sentinel friends feel left out as the only rank-able items that do not gain mastery.

Role playing aside. (experience different weapons... lol)

Mastery is just a silly grind right now. Its a way to force every one to play the limited content they made(yay same weapons with different skins)

I'm literally using the worst weapons i can find right now just cause i know i will sell them at 30. (Boar,Lato,random alert sword)

So i sit around at xini or kappa shooting stuff with a lvl 5 lato doing 10 dmg and adding nothing to the team .(Ok my dethcube still owns i guess)

I would love to forma my Hek or despair but i cant since i have to use S#&$ weapons to get to mastery rank 7. And this will only get worse as DE adds more weapons at higher mastery ranks.

For what purpose?

You seem to be suggesting they make it so that you don't have to use different weapons, so that you can more quickly unlock different weapons.

If people don't use different weapons, the game falls flat on it's face much more quickly. You can make any given set of weapons pretty damn quickly, unless they're stalker or alert bps. You could even forma them each a few times within a few days. With no incentive to try new things, people would finish all the content they care about within a week at most.

The gameplay involves running around, doing parkour, and shooting and stabbing things in various styles. The large variety of weapons makes this last longer. Currently there's a lot of weapons which are a bit too similar, but it'll get better with time and patching. If you're not enjoying the actual gameplay, the actual mission running, then giving you mastery experience for forma'ed weapons isn't going to fix the issue. If you're playing exclusively for the sake of unlocking stuff, then perhaps there's another issue.

I guess i was wrong.. You people like grinding with S#&$ty weapons all day.  WTF i think I'm seriously disconnected with gaming(maybe its the new generation of gamers). Time to quit lol.

PS: no you cant have my stuff.

I was surprised Forma'd weapons didn't give Mastery - but I think I can understand a bit of why.

Some items - like my long time standby Braton Vandal - are honestly quite powerful and were quite easy to get to 30. Considering the new slots would make it more and more powerful (potentially) because I'd be able to plug beefier and beefier mods into the weapon at lower ranks it'd really only get simpler to get to 30.

The equivalent of eight weapons Mastery experience and it'd only get easier every time. 24000 Mastery XP - just from my Braton Vandal.

A Warframe would be double that.

I'm tired of running around with garbage items all day. Id rather forma something i like 10x

End game? Play with a full load out of low lvl S#&$ weapons that you sell at rank 30 to keep getting mastery xp.

Fun? Not IMO

Pros to add mastery xp to forma resets:

People have to farm(buy) forma.

People can use the frame/weapon they like = fun

People progress their frame/weapon + get mastery xp

I agree with this, Im only level 3 but i really dont wanna hafta masss level up crap weapons that dont agree with my play style and your pro's are a good point for profit on their end, all i can see is a slight exp nerf the higher its been forma

'd do to it getting increasingly stronger each go

I was surprised Forma'd weapons didn't give Mastery - but I think I can understand a bit of why.

Some items - like my long time standby Braton Vandal - are honestly quite powerful and were quite easy to get to 30. Considering the new slots would make it more and more powerful (potentially) because I'd be able to plug beefier and beefier mods into the weapon at lower ranks it'd really only get simpler to get to 30.

The equivalent of eight weapons Mastery experience and it'd only get easier every time. 24000 Mastery XP - just from my Braton Vandal.

A Warframe would be double that.

They could make it so each forma round diminishes the XP.

75% the first time 50% 25% 10% cap.

They could even restrict the frames to 10% or 0%.

Im just tired of watching every one else kill stuff while i sit around with a lvl 5 lato.