The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Xp On Formad Items Now!

cknives

The spirit of the game is to run around with lvl 5 latos at mastery rank 6? da F***?

Yes Mastery is supposed to be gained through using a variety of different weapons. Yet this variety of different weapons makes little sense in its actual in game execution.

Tenno/ Waframes,  have at say level 5, a great many weapons, of varying lethality; and they (the Tenno) are fighting a war for their very survival. So what do they do? Equip sub-par /Latos , instead of Forma’d Kunai…

Whhhhhaaad  Deeee  Faaaaaawwww…..?

Yes Mastery is supposed to be gained through using a variety of different weapons. Yet this variety of different weapons makes little sense in its actual in game execution.

Tenno/ Waframes,  have at say level 5, a great many weapons, of varying lethality; and they (the Tenno) are fighting a war for their very survival. So what do they do? Equip sub-par /Latos , instead of Forma’d Kunai…

Whhhhhaaad  Deeee  Faaaaaawwww…..?

They are also warriors with a honor or at least prideful society. THink about endless defense mission, in a real situation where you had to defend precious commodities you'd get it evaced asap. However, not only do many tenno choose to stay longer, they are REWARDED(Lotus: you will be rewarded for your bravery, tenno) for putting themselves and their valuable cargo into harms way. SO yes, they will run in with a level 2 rubber chicken if they had a chance, to prove they are more badass and skilled than the other guy.

Edited by Viziroth

They are also warriors with a honor or at least prideful society. THink about endless defense mission, in a real situation where you had to defend precious commodities you'd get it evaced asap. However, not only do many tenno choose to stay longer, they are REWARDED(Lotus: you will be rewarded for your bravery, tenno) for putting themselves and their valuable cargo into harms way. SO yes, they will run in with a level 2 rubber chicken if they had a chance, to prove they are more badass and skilled than the other guy.

DE’s rubber chicken reality is a bore at best,  you may enjoy the rubber chicken ‘challenge.’

And true it does force player’s to explore deeper the available weapons pool.

Yet, you do reach a level where it no longer works as intended.

I myself would rather a steeper slope, a more challenging adversary, as opposed to battling on with your proverbial rubber chickens.

No thanks. Regardless of how tedious ranking a weak weapon is, it's there for a reason. Mastery implies you have mastered multiple weapons, not just the same one over and over and over again.

Sure it would be easier with the same great weapon, but being too easy won't be fun at all

Edited by Reduxe

Im confused though. What happens if you fail a rank up ? you lose the exp right? However the gear you used to reach that rank cant be reused for exp? So what then? Everytime you fail a rank up, you permenantly lose the right to rank up until enough new gear are released to get you up again?

Im confused though. What happens if you fail a rank up ? you lose the exp right? However the gear you used to reach that rank cant be reused for exp? So what then? Everytime you fail a rank up, you permenantly lose the right to rank up until enough new gear are released to get you up again?

no

DE’s rubber chicken reality is a bore at best,  you may enjoy the rubber chicken ‘challenge.’

And true it does force player’s to explore deeper the available weapons pool.

Yet, you do reach a level where it no longer works as intended.

I myself would rather a steeper slope, a more challenging adversary, as opposed to battling on with your proverbial rubber chickens.

No thanks. Regardless of how tedious ranking a weak weapon is, it's there for a reason. Mastery implies you have mastered multiple weapons, not just the same one over and over and over again.

Sure it would be easier with the same great weapon, but being too easy won't be fun at all

What’s easier, a naff weapon nobody wants to use ‘the Laton Rubber Chicken,’ or battling a more dynamic challenging adversary?

Then ask yourself what’s easier, forcing players to use weapon nobody wants to use, to extend gameplay, or implementing more dynamic, challenging adversaries?

I think this ends out little discussion.

If you fail the rank up you try again in 24 hours, and any experience gained during that time is put on hold and given to you after you complete the test. Similarly if you choose not to take the test, you still get the Mastery XP, and it will be awarded to you after you take the test.

if forma weapon can gain exp its going to be even more painful for mastery collector or who want highest mastery immagine u forma torid 10 time .... hahaha painful  or forma all melee 10 time each 

i guess no  mastery system means  shows u have mastered certain warframes/ weapon 

and u think if forma weapon can gain mastery point we higher mastery player  going to leave it like this?we going to demand acrid and hek and all clan weapon to be for mastery 15 xD 

If you fail the rank up you try again in 24 hours, and any experience gained during that time is put on hold and given to you after you complete the test. Similarly if you choose not to take the test, you still get the Mastery XP, and it will be awarded to you after you take the test.

That makes sense then. I was told you lost the whole exp bar and had to get it all again. Thanks for the explanation

'Grinding' different weapons is less grindy than using the same old weapons over and over again. Funny how you label it a grind yet simply want to see   a more linear way of going about it, which doesn't solve the problem and would break the Mastery cap.

I actually enjoy using different weapons.

I want to try many different playstyles. I know what works for me, but it is not for everyone.

Mastery is a reward for doing MORE than just playing the game.

The whole IDEA of 'Mastery' is that someone has put time and effort into learning to do something the best they can. A master carpenter. A master painter. A chess master. A master of martial arts. These people worked to become masters.

It is not SUPPOSED to be easy.

I'm tired of running around with garbage items all day. Id rather forma something i like 10x

End game? Play with a full load out of low lvl S#&$ weapons that you sell at rank 30 to keep getting mastery xp.

Fun? Not IMO

Pros to add mastery xp to forma resets:

People have to farm(buy) forma.

People can use the frame/weapon they like = fun

People progress their frame/weapon + get mastery xp

Then it wouldnt be mastery, mastery implies that you are good at stuff, training the same thing doesnt make you good

I guess i was wrong.. You people like grinding with S#&$ty weapons all day.  WTF i think I'm seriously disconnected with gaming(maybe its the new generation of gamers). Time to quit lol.

PS: no you cant have my stuff.

bye! good riddance

The spirit of the game is too have fun.  If the player is not having fun then something is wrong with the game.

And if someone's idea of fun would ruin fun for others? What then?

I am honestly curious. Not trying to be sarcastic or snide.

Edited by Kalenath

I'm kinda neutral on the whole Mastery system. It's just a way to artificially prolong the game's lifetime with minimal effort. I despise having to farm the useless weapons all the way to rank 30 just to sell them afterwards, I've even done this to WARFRAMES, not just weapons, in order to reach Mastery 7 for the lab weapons. One of the major reasons i refuse to ever Forma my gear is because it doesn't give me Mastery and thus is a waste of time (plus, I do fine with my stuff as it is, i rarely even rank mods past Rank 5, including Redirection or damage mods).

Though at the end of the day, I'm not THAT opposed to the Mastery system right now, and as others have mentioned, allowing additional mastery for formaed items may lead to maxing the same item several times to reach the mastery cap as DE would most likely balance future content around the max Mastery. However, right now Mastery Ranks give way too little rewards, aside from just letting you use some more interesting gear. If they gave warframe and weapon slots with mastery levels, mastery ranks would be much more worth the effort, and it makes sense anyway (Mastery revolves around using different gear, so ranking up gives you some slots to keep and use new gear).

And if someone's idea of fun would ruin fun for others? What then?

I am honestly curious. Not trying to be sarcastic or snide.

The better question is how would this ruin fun for others? If formaing a weapon provided less XP the next time around, it would still be the most beneficial to level something new. So playing the way people are FORCED to now would still be the best.

There are people who don't have fun using a weapon they don't like just to get Mastery so they can get a weapon they do think they'll like. Their fun is already ruined.

Also Mastery doesn't imply the use of multiple weapons, it implies being the best at something. You can be the best Paris, Kunai, Glaive wielding Banshee out there... which would make you a MASTER of those weapons and imply that you have a MASTERY of them.

People are claiming the Mastery levels for various benefits would have to be raised, but there's not grounds or justification for why that would be. It's still faster to get there by switching things up, but if someone wants to have fun and advance in a different way they'll still get there eventually.

Also Mastery doesn't imply the use of multiple weapons, it implies being the best at something. You can be the best Paris, Kunai, Glaive wielding Banshee out there... which would make you a MASTER of those weapons and imply that you have a MASTERY of them.

But yet, you'd still have less mastery than the Tenno that claimed mastery over the Kestrel, Despair, and Dread as well... which is how the system works now.

Im mastery rank 9. Sure you may have to use weak or "stoopid" weapons. Its fun non the less.  if you dont know how to switch styles or dont know how to play and have fun al together then just give up man.   Now what if DE upped the good weapons to mastery rank 4 and higher would you like that? doing that seems like a good idea to me anyways. getting good stuffs at rank 0 or 1 just feels... wrong

Edited by Marabunta5

mastery level is essentially game completion. you can run around with the stuff you want at any time you'd like. once you've mastered something you a master at it and cant just master a master. chess masters gain nothing from playing people significantly lower. mastery of arms is the same. and hey maybe mastering that S#&$ weapon you hate will give you an appreciation for it by the time your done. and you will have mastered that weapon. mastery is the reason i love the grakata. hated it until like level 28 found i loved it and potatoed that #@*&$@ and now its my favorite weapon. it started as the one i hated most (for primaries).

so no the mastery system is fine as is. forma your favorite and primary stuff but you shouldn't gain mastery more then you gain from anything else.

your suggestion is short sighted and selfish.

it prevents new weapons going straight into the dead content section.

sometimes a little thinking before posting an idea can go a long ways.

martial Artists wanna speak to you, they are called Dans usually, diffrent name for diffrent martial arts.

Role playing aside. (experience different weapons... lol)

Mastery is just a silly grind right now. Its a way to force every one to play the limited content they made(yay same weapons with different skins)

I'm literally using the worst weapons i can find right now just cause i know i will sell them at 30. (Boar,Lato,random alert sword)

So i sit around at xini or kappa shooting stuff with a lvl 5 lato doing 10 dmg and adding nothing to the team .(Ok my dethcube still owns i guess)

I would love to forma my Hek or despair but i cant since i have to use S#&$ weapons to get to mastery rank 7. And this will only get worse as DE adds more weapons at higher mastery ranks.

^

If you want to actually forma your favorite weapons to get full customization you don't have the time to level the other weapons that you hate. I just went back to grinding my starter weapons and frame up to 30 so I can finally chuck them and free up some slots. I'd much rather be focusing on farming for void keys so I can then farm for a frost prime, or farming for mods so I can make use of some forma if I ever get the time to forma my stuff.

Basically, the current system forces a player to choose between forma customization and mastery. That doesn't make sense.