Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relays

(XBOX)Oussii

I'd just like to point out that the Grineer have breech pods which, if in the right  circumstances, are slow to open giving enough time to get a squad there guns out. But then there are the Corpus. Yeah, you know the guys who TELEPORT to whatever they are boarding. By the time weapons were drawn by the relay crew the corpus (weapons at the ready) would have already boarded and opened fire.

Btw, have you met the Red Veil yet? If not go check out their room on a relay. Pretty sure they are the reason why the guns are out :D

35 minutes ago, TennoPain said:

did u forgot ''Tenno kill other Tenno ''in pvp aka conclave ....

Also there are syndicates ''which most of them are banana crazy guys'' 

Tenno don't kill each other. Do you really think the Lotus would allow such thing? After almost being enslaved by Captain Vor's forces, after War with Sentients? What is really happening in Conclave, can be called "Team Holomatch", in Star Trek terms.

4 hours ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

Relays work as a safe house, we have no power there, no weapons, nothing.

I understand the need to have some guards watching over the place, but why they have to be armed with visible weapons in a safe environment.

If it is for the relay safety and protection, then soldiers should be at the outpost borders, not inside the corridors walking with weapons. or simply make these weapons invisible to us.

I know there are more important things to fix and update in this game, but having weapons there does not make sense to me

My guess is that while Relay staff (and Tenno visitors) to the Relay might not have a story-given reason to carry weapons inside the Relay, the armed nature of them serves two purposes for the game:

• It gives the player an opportunity to see certain weapons beyond the context of the Warframe arsenal. Seeing a security guard with a Braton might be cool feeling for a player who remembers using a Braton themselves, bringing separated elements of the game closer together.
  • It is further evidence of the warrior culture of the Tenno, and they are armed in order to emphasize this aesthetic. When first going to a Relay, I wondered why I had brought my weapons with me and why I was going through a double-screen security gate with them. I theorize that my Warframe keeping its weapons is a sign that being armed thusly could be seen as a point of identity for the Tenno, as well as the Relay staff. Even though they lack the ability to do what a Warframe can, every single person you see there is an Operative, a secret agent of the Lotus. You rescue and defend them frequently, and they are capable of using any weapon you give them.

Relays have to be defended somehow. granted, Vay Hek just sends Formorians now, but if he ever decided "lets just infiltrate it and take it over instead", that's when those Tenno Guards would be needed.

and as for guns in real life. everyone has to have a gun until NOBODY has a gun. every human has the right to defend themselves, regardless of country or race or any other factor. and no, I am not a flag-waving redneck from Texas, I am a pro-gun British atheist who enjoys shooting sports. isn't it funny how a lot of attacks happen in gun-free zones? surely they aren't being targeted by terrorists, are they?....

9 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

My guess is that while Relay staff (and Tenno visitors) to the Relay might not have a story-given reason to carry weapons inside the Relay, the armed nature of them serves two purposes for the game:

• It gives the player an opportunity to see certain weapons beyond the context of the Warframe arsenal. Seeing a security guard with a Braton might be cool feeling for a player who remembers using a Braton themselves, bringing separated elements of the game closer together.
  • It is further evidence of the warrior culture of the Tenno, and they are armed in order to emphasize this aesthetic. When first going to a Relay, I wondered why I had brought my weapons with me and why I was going through a double-screen security gate with them. I theorize that my Warframe keeping its weapons is a sign that being armed thusly could be seen as a point of identity for the Tenno, as well as the Relay staff. Even though they lack the ability to do what a Warframe can, every single person you see there is an Operative, a secret agent of the Lotus. You rescue and defend them frequently, and they are capable of using any weapon you give them.

Also consider the Relay is neutral territory that the Tenno clearly respect, but a few of those Syndicates that occupy that space aren't exactly on friendly terms with me lol.  We go armed for 2 big reasons, as you stated, we are a warrior group and secondly it's just smart.

10 hours ago, mobilehacker said:

Tenno don't kill each other. Do you really think the Lotus would allow such thing? After almost being enslaved by Captain Vor's forces, after War with Sentients? What is really happening in Conclave, can be called "Team Holomatch", in Star Trek terms.

Actually even DE said that lunaro was introduced because ppl did not like idea of killing other fellow Tenno so you are wrong.

In devstream. yeah so no. Its sci -fi game but im just saying what they said. 

On 8/22/2016 at 1:36 PM, (PS4)geomancer1980 said:

Also consider the Relay is neutral territory that the Tenno clearly respect, but a few of those Syndicates that occupy that space aren't exactly on friendly terms with me lol.  We go armed for 2 big reasons, as you stated, we are a warrior group and secondly it's just smart.

+1, good point.

"Honor and respect to the Tenno, the Lotus and the cause.... buuuut we're still gonna send hit squads for you because you wore the emblem of a club we disagree with." ~ Syndicates.

Oh syndicates....

37 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

+1, good point.

"Honor and respect to the Tenno, the Lotus and the cause.... buuuut we're still gonna send hit squads for you because you wore the emblem of a club we disagree with." ~ Syndicates.

Oh syndicates....

Lol I'm assuming some of the stuff we do for syndicates are cross purpose lol.