Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relays

(XBOX)Oussii

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

-snip-

While they can trust us, we are still an enigmatic force that comes and goes, not "We live here, and protect the residents of this space city." We can turn on them on an instant.

What's stopping us from opening fire within the relay, if we are allowed to carry our weaponry out of their holsters?

What's stopping any of the Syndicates engaging in gang like fights between each other?

You question the validity of the Syndicates having squabbles over ideologies, as it never happens in front of us, but us never seeing it mean it doesn't happen?

If you leave your forces on the outside, what are you going to do when an attack on the inside occurs? Wait for them to spend upwards to 15 minutes trying to get there? Or be thankful that you have a force that is ready to defend wherever inside the relay?

2 minutes ago, ByrdMann said:

While they can trust us, we are still an enigmatic force that comes and goes, not "We live here, and protect the residents of this space city." We can turn on them on an instant.

What's stopping us from opening fire within the relay, if we are allowed to carry our weaponry out of their holsters?

What's stopping any of the Syndicates engaging in gang like fights between each other?

You question the validity of the Syndicates having squabbles over ideologies, as it never happens in front of us, but us never seeing it mean it doesn't happen?

If you leave your forces on the outside, what are you going to do when an attack on the inside occurs? Wait for them to spend upwards to 15 minutes trying to get there? Or be thankful that you have a force that is ready to defend wherever inside the relay?

Until this happen or Hell freezes on earth, no need for the guards to have their weapon visible

1 minute ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

DE decided on so many things then they fixed it.. no?

This isn't something that needs to be fixed. Simply because you don't like it, is not a reason to redo the relay npcs. And I hope they don't waste their time "fixing" it. They have other things to be fixing. 

-snip-

But as I asked, what of the Syndicates? Their stories and actions imply that they are more than willing to attack others that do not share their ideology. Sure, none of the violence shows up in front of us, but it is clear that they fight. And the guards seem to be humans, not warframes. They can't just make their weapons go *poof* like we do, assuming that setting is canon.

-snip-

I think what he means is that DE has better things to be working on. Relay NPC's do nothing for the game, mechanically. They serve no purpose for the game itself. They have a story purpose, but otherwise effect nothing.

3 minutes ago, ByrdMann said:

But as I asked, what of the Syndicates? Their stories and actions imply that they are more than willing to attack others that do not share their ideology. Sure, none of the violence shows up in front of us, but it is clear that they fight. And the guards seem to be humans, not warframes. They can't just make their weapons go *poof* like we do, assuming that setting is canon.

I agree with you.. bad intentions are there and guards can't make their weapons disappear.

In fact i don't want that

all i want that these weapons should be holstered until they need to be drawn and used.

2 minutes ago, ByrdMann said:

I think what he means is that DE has better things to be working on. Relay NPC's do nothing for the game, mechanically. They serve no purpose for the game itself. They have a story purpose, but otherwise effect nothing.

When was the last time they did a nice rework on the relay?

And how many times they rework things that went even more messed up?

The relay is very important to all of us.

As an example but not exclusive:

You have in your dojo the option  to be transported directly to any lab you desire or any room.

In the relay i have to walk or run all the way, take a lift, come up then back down or whatever, sometimes you loose direction.

So instead of reworking (messing) things that were actually working, why can't they add a teleport in the relay too (as an example)

For me, this is more important then fixing a sound effect somewhere in the game (which i probably did not notice because not all of us play with high volume)

- Three factions hates Tenno(4 with Sentient)  and waging a war against them,i think that is good reason to carry weapon and be always ready to fight back,even in "peacefull" relay.

- First of all Relay is a millitary base,not just "model podium" as you may think.

- After fomorian invasion all Tenno should be very worried. (enhanced countermeasures) 

- We also have syndicates there that hate each other,this also may be a reason.

- And finally,Saboteur think twice before he do something bad,when he sees so much protection.

5 minutes ago, MonkeyRise said:

- Three factions hates Tenno(4 with Sentient)  and waging a war against them,i think that is good reason to carry weapon and be always ready to fight back,even in "peacefull" relay.

- First of all Relay is a millitary base,not just "model podium" as you may think.

- After fomorian invasion all Tenno should be very worried. (enhanced countermeasures) 

- We also have syndicates there that hate each other,this also may be a reason.

- And finally,Saboteur think twice before he do something bad,when he sees so much protection.

Great, then as per your argument we should be allowed to carry weapons also.

Aren't we the great tenno defenders of this universe against the 3 or 4 factions?

Just now, (XB1)Oussii said:

They have it holstered not in their hands

You go back.. Double please !!!!!!!!

we literally slaughter thousands of innocent grunts on a daily basis.

what reason do we have to oppress the lesser humanoids on the relay? it's not like get to go spazz around and do epic stuff on a whim. just let them hold their damn guns. it's not that offensive.

2 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

It's not like they can stop you with a sword or gun if you go wild :/ Most likely they bring weapons for fighting other enemies e.g. Grineer troops.

Until Grineer, Corpus, infested or troops from "baaworta" (a very small tiny village of 5 miles radius) attack us, weapons should be holstered

Just now, TheMetrocop said:

we literally slaughter thousands of innocent grunts on a daily basis.

what reason do we have to oppress the lesser humanoids on the relay? it's not like get to go spazz around and do epic stuff on a whim. just let them hold their damn guns. it's not that offensive.

True, you and i and everyone we fight them all day long all over the galaxy.

A soldier fights everywhere in the world, once home (or barrack) his weapon is holstered unless he is attacked.

Youre making a big deal out if a non-issue.The only valid reason you could have right now is you have PTSD because you're family was killed by police officers carrying guns openly and everytime you see a officer holding a gun, you get an aneurysum.

Whats the big deal? Them carrying guns is to protect the relay. It isnt a peaceful city, its a military base with different syndicates, black market smugglers and notorius terrorists. From what i read, you seem to think that not letting tenno carry their weapons openly means they dont trust you. Who actually cares?

Wasting time and effort on a pointless little detail that only you care about and wasting more time when they should be working on War within is stupid and we all know it.

Please just end this thread. I dont like the looks of certain enemies but i dont waste 3 pages of BS whining about how much it triggers me.

Edited by DefekteDelfin

1 minute ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

I am not making a big deal out of nothing,

I posted an idea and the comments just came in

I am simply replying

No youre not.

Its a small detail. Guards carry guns in their hands. You managed to make a 3 page thread about how Guards shouldn't do it.

Literally no one agrees with you so you're a very vocal minority.

You're "replying" is you repeatedly denying that changing this is a waste of time and how it triggers you. Well, here's a suprise, no one actually cares.

The Guards add flair to the place, walking into the border and seeing them patrol gives players a sense of security.

They are here to defend, and since its a VIDEO GAME, they can carry their guns and not affect anybody.

1 minute ago, DefekteDelfin said:

No youre not.

Its a small detail. Guards carry guns in their hands. You managed to make a 3 page thread about how Guards shouldn't do it.

Literally no one agrees with you so you're a very vocal minority.

You're "replying" is you repeatedly denying that changing this is a waste of time and how it triggers you. Well, here's a suprise, no one actually cares.

The Guards add flair to the place, walking into the border and seeing them patrol gives players a sense of security.

They are here to defend, and since its a VIDEO GAME, they can carry their guns and not affect anybody.

thank you.

have an eyebrow medic for being such a chap

d34.gif

28 minutes ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

Great, then as per your argument we should be allowed to carry weapons also.

leave this privilege to guards,it is their job\duty.

28 minutes ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

Aren't we the great tenno defenders of this universe against the 3 or 4 factions?

Tenno are just spoiled kido,that play the game named "Genocide".  

just kiding 

or not O_o

Edited by MonkeyRise