Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Add Mortos Prime -- Nekros Prime, Mortos Binds and Mortos Prime

NightmareT12

So... Nekros Prime has finally been released. One of the main things people wondered was whether he had Mortos Prime in built, it'd be an accessory, or if it would exist at all.

Upon purchasing the pack today, first thing I noticed is that the Auxiliary tab was there. Mortos Binds can be equipped at the usual spots, but those do not feature PBR neither actually match the new helmet really well (although, color wise, it does good with the Prime's main colors).

So, given Nekros Prime is the very, absolutely, only single Warframe with an Auxiliary slot (because when Valkjyr comes, the bonds won't really fit anyway given the circumstances), I would really, REALLY, ask DE to consider releaseing a Prime, golden Mortos Syandana, that fitted Nekros Prime's theme, helmet and body better.

Reasons why I think so:

Warframe0832.jpg

As you can see, it's pretty much alright BUT:

1) The head piece attachment point feels weird. Mainly, because the shape is smaller and not much similar to the helmet's ending, wheras Nekros has this opening in all his helms that transition naturally into the Mortos Binds.

2) The lack of gold clashes. Besides, the tints do not match Nekros and his Prime Tint slots (both share TInt 1-3, and Nekros 4 is completely gone in his Prime making up for a good gold slot). And even if they did, the materials on the attachment point (which would be tint 4) wouldn't match anyways to the gold.

So yeah, missed opportunity. He looks weirdly incomplete to me...

Also, Mortos Binds should be used for Nekros -- design wise, Nekros was meant to have them always on. DE at some point later decided to make it a Syandana, and later down the road it was decided to move it to an Auxiliary Slot due Arcanes and unfair advantages (if I do remember correctly).

Necro_warframe_01.PNG

TV54X5x.jpg

The materials should be meant to match Nekros, so unlike Nekros Prime, who has actual gold, it would probably be closer to the bone-mask thing. It's also of worthy note that while Nekros primary may end up matching material wise, the secondary color (AKA the dark blue) will most likely be a new material to represent "degradation". It's also of worthy note that Nekros tints are different that the Prime (the red is on Tint 4 actually) so it would be a pretty mismatch.

The other thing is that the head piece could be altered to not only feature gold (and perhaps secondary and teriary areas) but it should feature that three-pointed design the Prime helmet uses, so the height would match the mask and the end :) Should feel more natural transition-wise. And why not, maybe they could use some golden stuff at the end of the tentacles or something.

100% more metal-frame and Orokin.

------------------------------------------------------

This is a first for the community and DE, but it's also an only given the circumstances. So I need to try asking.

Who is with me?

Edited by NightmareT12

1 hour ago, -IEF-Vanillaberry said:

i think the Mortos Prime Binds is actually there when the data is data *cough* mined some weeks ago

Doesn't mean that it made it through.

Which is a shame, really :(

EDIT: Took a pic to better explain:

Warframe0832.jpg

As you can see, it's pretty much alright BUT:

1) The head piece attachment point feeld weird. Mainly, because the shape is smaller and not much similar to the helmet's ending, wheras Nekros has this opening in all his helms that transition naturally into the Mortos Binds.

2) The lack of gold clashes. Besides, the tints do not match Nekros and his Prime Tint slots (both share TInt 1-3, and Nekros 4 is completely gone in his Prime making up for a good gold slot). And even if they did, the materials on the attachment point (which would be tint 4) wouldn't match anyways to the gold.

So yeah, missed opportunity. He looks weirdly incomplete to me...

Edited by NightmareT12

I would be totally okay with Mortos Binds Prime existing, so long as they aren't confined within Prime Accessories.  Give us the option to farm it somehow, or obtain it with plat instead of actual cash.  Or maybe alter the regular Mortos Binds to allow the attachment hinges to be colored gold.

10 minutes ago, Arkvold said:

I would be totally okay with Mortos Binds Prime existing, so long as they aren't confined within Prime Accessories.  Give us the option to farm it somehow, or obtain it with plat instead of actual cash.  Or maybe alter the regular Mortos Binds to allow the attachment hinges to be colored gold.

What if it was simply given when purchasing the current Mortos Binds? So anyone with Mortos Binds gets the Prime retroactively as well.

Some more money on DE's pockets, two Bind options for Nekros Prime (with Mortos Prime restricted to Nekros Prime), no attachments and no restrictions to a time-limited offer.

Edited by NightmareT12

Just now, NightmareT12 said:

What if it was simply given when purchasing the current Mortos Binds? So anyone with Mortos Binds gets the Prime retroactively as well.

Some more money on DE's pockets, two Bind options for Nekros, no attachments and no restrictions to a time-limited offer.

I would be totally okay with and completely support this.  I'd get the Primed Mortos Binds to go with Nekros Prime once I've got him, and anyone who gets Nekros Prime after he gets vaulted (something much more possible now that old relics aren't purged or re-populated when their contents are vaulted) won't have to wait for an unvault and pray that the Mortos Primes are re-released.

38 minutes ago, Kross_Solette said:

I agree with just being able to change the color. Shouldn't seem like a huge deal ,but I'm sure not everyone wants it white. id really it gold like mentioned above bothers me more then it should I know "ODC kicking in" BSTsZ8I.jpg

The thing is Mortos Binds should be used for Nekros -- design wise, Nekros was meant to have them always on. DE at some point later decided to make it a Syandana, and later down the road it was decided to move it to an Auxiliary Slot due Arcanes and unfair advantages (if I do remember correctly).

Necro_warframe_01.PNG

TV54X5x.jpg

The materials should be meant to match Nekros, so unlike Nekros Prime, who has actual gold, it would probably be closer to the bone-mask thing. It's also of worthy note that while Nekros primary may end up matching material wise, the secondary color (AKA the dark blue) will most likely be a new material to represent "degradation". It's also of worthy note that Nekros tints are different that the Prime (the red is on Tint 4 actually) so it would be a pretty mismatch.

The other thing is that the head piece could be altered to not only feature gold (and perhaps secondary and teriary areas) but it should feature that three-pointed design the Prime helmet uses, so the height would match the mask and the end :) Should feel more natural transition-wise. And why not, maybe they could use some golden stuff at the end of the tentacles or something.

100% more metal-frame and Orokin.

Edited by NightmareT12

To be clear, if the Mortos Binds Prime does get released, it shouldn't have any conflict if it was released exclusively for Nekros Prime. As an Auxiliary cosmetic, it could have the same treatment as the Nekros Prime helmet being only usable for the Nekros Prime character model, vice versa with Nekros' alternative cosmetics usable on his Primed variant but aforementioned Primed cosmetics rendered unusable on normal Nekros.

Tried to integrate a couple of answers I posted into the original message for better clarity on read.

Also, I sent a bunch of feedback to Kary sometime ago about the PA and here's what actually happened with Mortos Prime:

On 7/9/2016 at 5:33 PM, [DE]Kary said:

Mortos prime definitely slipped by us as a possibility unfortunately.  More Mynki's call, but I think if we had that to do we'd pay a bit more attention there, but the core design was a long haul to get there :|

So not only are the wings not Mortos Prime (so glad to have confirmation about that finally to shut those voices about what's obvious lel), but it seems they basically... forgot.

Which was a fear I had when I knew he was up next, really.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Well, Valkyr Prime released with her own Prime auxiliary. And it's free. Weeeeeeeeeeee.

Nekros be like... "Hello dakrness my old friend, I've come to speak to you agaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain..."

...Which doesn't include her winglets or tail, part of which is making an uproar because Valkyr Prime breaks the lore that was introduced with Gersemi Valkyr.

So... good, but not enough, not by a long shot.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Bumpity bump, because today I noticed Mynki, the damn genius, left the design for the tentacle part scattered all over Nekros Prime and the Acanthus Armor.

I can't freaking believe I've missed this for the last 6 months.

I'll try to make a (bad) drawing out of it tomorrow, but all the Art team needs to do concept wise is actually just the headpiece connector.

EDIT: Just so you guys know what the hell I'm talking about like a lunatic:

MortosPrimeKeyDesign.jpg

Edited by NightmareT12

On 5/3/2017 at 11:12 AM, Xekrin said:

Necro'ing a Nekros thread, spiffy.

spoopy!

On another note if anyone is interested, I sent a PM Rebecca's way showing her the same pic I posted among other things to see if there's any chance the dev team can do anything to make this a reality.

I've also been checking Nekros Prime's design like crazy to see what the good ol' Mynki had in mind before scrapping the idea... So far I've seen the current Mortos mesh should be able to be modified (remember what Ray said on stream when doing Mag's deluxe about reutilizing assets when able). He left a good chunk of untintable area in the helmet's back that seems to correspond very heavily.

Tentacle design is pretty much locked down thanks to the hints throughout the design, headpiece back design (as in, where it attaches to the head) is proving to be the most difficult thing to do and the one I'd really like to ask the art team folks if there'd be any issues regarding it...

Hmmm...

Edited by NightmareT12