Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relic system is different

Chaosdreamer

33 minutes ago, Chaosdreamer said:

Hello , as you guys know with the "relic system" is pretty unfair , what we did in the whole games farming keys ,changed to relics , at first I woulnd care , they are same as key right ? 

Well not anymore , since this mean :

- Your relics is useless when a news prime access is out

- You wasted time farming new relics since they won't be worth anything under 3-6 month (average time for a news PA)

- You are auto vaulting "old prime access"

- That a nice ways to say farm more or buy it 

Some of you going to "there is nothing to win" then change it to , Pay to play or DLC there is many word to describe this

Why this is'nt fair :

As explained Above previous system allowed you to use your keys in all kind of mission it's was'nt hard just Ext , cap , interception ,and others T1-2-3-4 , news release? use your keys you hardly earned already

News system , your hard earned keys changed to relics , many names , number , once a news prime access is out , well your keys is useless as soon , and you gotta farm even more to have your news keys awsome ain't it?

DE please fix that system make it auto upgrade to "current" drop table

Same thread as so many others, time to provide some answers;

Your relics are NOT useless. They're still there and, guess what, YOU CAN STILL GET VAULTED STUFF. Remember Ember Prime or Frost Prime? If we had that system then, they wouldn't cost 1,2k+ plat to get.

New relics are NOT going to be useless, what makes you think that? They will STILL be there and STILL drop items. What exactly invalidates them? That they won't drop the new-new thing?

Old Prime Access ALWAYS was auto-vaulted. They never stayed.

In conclusion; this IS fair. Everyone uses keys, we all get different rolls, more chances to good stuff. I earned more rares this way than the old one. I mean, you DO remember how mind-numbingly boring it was to go 30 T3 Def runs to 40 waves before you even got whiff of an Ash BP right? THere's more rare primes now and the market system confirms it -Trinity P goes for SIXTY PLAT AT THE MOMENT.

And guess what; in 3-4 months, when everyone's used their old keys, you'll have yours. You'll be able to run them with clan members and help them get their Nyx P Set, instead of having to dig into your own pockets for a set not-yet-sold.

You want the old system? I love the new one.

27 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

I actually like the new relic system... it adds the grind back to the game, where relics took it out when it first came out.

There was less grind with the introduction of relics, because of the conversion over from keys, and being able to influence RNG through void traces.

So you had hundreds of relics, and were able to influence all of them to get whatever part you wanted.

Exactly, grind is just what the game was missing. More grind for everyone!

mfw I realize the medic is attempting to deal dps instead of healing the team.

this may be a problem in the longrun as it makes for another reason for Players do NOT play the game.
so uh, that may very well mean Playerbase in Warframe spikes much harder than it has in the past. a new Powercrepe item is added, Playercount spikes for a few weeks, and then drastically slows down as Players complete that and have no reason to play because they don't get anything for playing.

it may not be quite that extreme, but with new Keys always with new Items, that will mean that in between new Powercrepe releases, there's no reason to accumulate Keys.

40 minutes ago, Chaosdreamer said:

your keys you hardly earned

ayyyyyyyyy

I'm rarely one to defend design choices made by DE but...

I was always low on keys. I've never had many of T3&4. I don't like endless missions and main source of keys was there. So for once I'm not one touched by "stock depleting" (huge Oxium and Cryotic requirements, if you wonder what I mean) and grind for keys vs grind for relics is no difference to me.

I hate Defence and to lesser extent Interception. Which means grind for new parts was always worse for me because I didn't just have to repeat same mission dozen times; I had to repeat mission I hate. Not to mention all rotations C were terribly clustered, with 6+ parts and one-two parts and forma dropping majority of time.

I consider new system to be as grindy as old one. Difference is I need significantly less endless missions to get same result

21 minutes ago, WolfTitan said:

Now it's 4 keys to get 1 prime part, that is, if you even find the squad mates who need the same part in the first place.

I could not disagree more with this new system. Please bring Void 1.0 back.

Its now 4 keys with at least 10% each to get the rarest part, even more for uncommon/common parts which takes a few minutes. 

In Void 1.0, it was 1 key for 3-5% chance of rare part, taking 20-40 minutes/rounds each. 

1 minute ago, WolfTitan said:

The game is no fun anymore for the following reason:

The old Void system had missions such as T3D and T4D which challenged players to be creative with what frames they can bring and how to approach the purpose of the mission. It brought players together so that they could use their frames' powers in unity.

Now there is no reason to play these missions because they no longer reward prime parts, which are also necessary for Baro. Now, players can solo all Void Fissure missions by doing the same thing over and over: get 10 reactants and extract as soon as possible. The novel Warframe premise of fast pace (such as in Tower capture missions) and working together are thrown to the side by this repetitive, grindful relic system.

Except that, for the most part, you always saw the same frames in almost every T3/4D. At least now, there's more variety in the mission types, so it's actually more likely that you'll see frames other than Frost, Trinity, Nova, and a couple of the other "meta" frames.

1 minute ago, Calvyr said:

Except that, for the most part, you always saw the same frames in almost every T3/4D. At least now, there's more variety in the mission types, so it's actually more likely that you'll see frames other than Frost, Trinity, Nova, and a couple of the other "meta" frames.

Actually, for most of the time, the only frame that would be the same is Frost. The other 3 were varied, which presented different approaches to the same mission - this made it fun and exciting. I've seen all frames in T4D missions. And with the old system, finding other players for your squad was much easier and simpler than today's system.

With the new system, there is no longer a reason to use the frames' powers in unity because it's now become "kill as fast as possible to get the 10 reactants we need." Trinity and other typically non-damage frames are no longer needed to farm prime parts, which represents the epitome of the game.

17 minutes ago, Karamethien said:

Seriously, why do people keep using words that don't mean what they think it means.

The adding of new relic is another annoying gate, but it is hardly pay to win.

actualy they turned the current farming prime parts into burnout player to win in a sense burnout player from farming to sell prime access so yeah its kinda seen as pay 2 instant access win for DE not players

Edited by N7-CommanderShepard

10 minutes ago, WolfTitan said:

The game is no fun anymore for the following reason:

The old Void system had missions such as T3D and T4D which challenged players to be creative with what frames they can bring and how to approach the purpose of the mission. It brought players together so that they could use their frames' powers in unity.

Now there is no reason to play these missions because they no longer reward prime parts, which are also necessary for Baro. Now, players can solo all Void Fissure missions by doing the same thing over and over: get 10 reactants and extract as soon as possible. The novel Warframe premise of fast pace (such as in Tower capture missions) and working together are thrown to the side by this repetitive, grindful relic system.

LMAO there was no creativity in those modes. Everyone in recruit chat demanded the exact same meta team compositions in order to complete the mission as quickly and as safely as possible.

At least now the game modes change allowing you to actually change loadouts every once in a while.

5 minutes ago, N7-CommanderShepard said:

actualy they turned the current farming prime parts into burnout player to win in a sense burnout player from farming to sell prime access so yeah its kinda seen as pay 2 instant access win

pay2win is a very specific term with very specific meaning - which as annoying as a new gate is - doesn't apply here.

All Prime Parts are always going to be a grind.  Friend even suspect that the drop rate for newly released prime pieces are artifically lowered unless someone in party already have it.  As it always seems easier when he parties up with people who bought prime access on the day of the release.

The only store bought Kuburow Egg can hatch Fetch Type Dog (forgot name) is more an example of P2W than new relic release.

Plus no one is forced to buy Prime Access for Primes.  You are perfectly able to sell Maxed out Prime Mods for 500 or whatever price, then buy a newly released Prime Set for ~300p or so.  All of which does not require you to buy anything with real money.

Edited by Karamethien

6 minutes ago, Karamethien said:

pay2win is a very specific term with very specific meaning - which as annoying as a new gate is - doesn't apply here.

All Prime Parts are always going to be a grind.  Friend even suspect that the drop rate for newly released prime pieces are artifically lowered unless someone in party already have it.  As it always seems easier when he parties up with people who bought prime access on the day of the release.

The Kuburow Egg can't hatch Fetch Type Dog is more an example of P2W than new relic release.

Plus no one is forced to buy Prime Access for Primes.  You are perfectly able to sell Maxed out Prime Mods for 500 or whatever price, then buy a newly released Prime Set for ~300p or so.  All of which does not require you to buy anything with real money.

yeah sorry not everyone has the patience to be a warframe trader i don't see that happening after like 3-5 hours of trading especially you selling a item on warframe on day of new prime/item release not happening easy at all i have seen and experienced it
and warframe sets on release date go for 1k plat then lower after day by day a by a bit i don't think anyone (majority)wants to read the spam through wf tradechat or wait for ages on wf.trade
yeah no one forces you to buy prime access but by DE adding so much extra grind it burnout players making them mentaly giveup and buy Prime access or by other means

Edited by N7-CommanderShepard

38 minutes ago, (PS4)RedChili69 said:

How abut no? The new system is far and away better, no longer do you need to do 20 mins in a survival, just to end up with a forma BP. You have far more control over what parts you get, as opposed to being stuck with whatever hey gave you. You can increase/decrease the odds of getting in a certain part now. Also, you are no longer stuck having to replay the same tile set against the same enemies over and over again.

You can say it like that for now. But when you are:

1. Out of forma.

2. Out of Prime junk

3. Out of Prime part soon vaulted

4. Out of things to farm

5. Out of relics

You will definitely miss the old Void System

Everyone who thinks new system is better than previous one is a cancer to our society. Everyone who thinks old system was better than new one is a cancer to our society.

This sums up current discussions in new threads about farming vault items.

I don't have 24/7 free time to even try farm prime parts (RNG was never kind for me) so I must wait like 3 month for prices to drop and buy it from other players. Nothing changed for me with new system.

There is no and there will be no good solution for void RNG.

Because this game is RNG.

1 minute ago, Vectirius said:

Everyone who thinks new system is better than previous one is a cancer to our society. Everyone who thinks old system was better than new one is a cancer to our society.

This sums up current discussions in new threads about farming vault items.

I don't have 24/7 free time to even try farm prime parts (RNG was never kind for me) so I must wait like 3 month for prices to drop and buy it from other players. Nothing changed for me with new system.

There is no and there will be no good solution for void RNG.

Because this game is RNG.

Well, I should let you know. The new system also make you have to wait for 6 months instead of 3 months or having you pay more than previous prime you bought in old system. Because the price decrease speed will also slow down due to the disastrous grind and RNG right now.

They are upset because they can't get the new prime stuff for free right away anymore. They added a step so DE can get more sales. I don't mind it, play normally to grind relics and run relic missions. You will eventually get it. If you want it now, buy the prime access and help support DE.

3 minutes ago, Warfoxzero said:

They are upset because they can't get the new prime stuff for free right away anymore. They added a step so DE can get more sales. I don't mind it, play normally to grind relics and run relic missions. You will eventually get it. If you want it now, buy the prime access and help support DE.

I supported DE when it was at its heyday, when the Second Dream quest came out, when Baro's prices were reasonable, and when the grind for prime parts was much less than what we see today.

18 minutes ago, WolfTitan said:

I supported DE when it was at its heyday, when the Second Dream quest came out, when Baro's prices were reasonable, and when the grind for prime parts was much less than what we see today.

Grind for prime parts was never reasonable. Maybe a bit more before they've added forma to rotations C but definitely not after it

Edited by Slaviar

13 minutes ago, Hitexh said:

You can say it like that for now. But when you are:

1. Out of forma.

2. Out of Prime junk

3. Out of Prime part soon vaulted

4. Out of things to farm

5. Out of relics

You will definitely miss the old Void System

1. Go to derelict Survival for 20 mins a few times. Get forma, 2-3 relics (Lith, Neo, Axi), and other drops. Plenty of other areas on the map for other relic farming, do the mission type you like most.

2. Don't select forma from relic mission because of 1. Plenty of junk.

3., 4. & 5. These are just wrong.

I don't miss the old void system. The current one is much better overall.

Just now, Slaviar said:

Grind for prime parts was never reasonable. Maybe before they've added forma to rotations C but definitely not after it

I agree with you that it's not a good solution, but it sure was better than the grind introduced by this new system.

As least we could sell the excess prime parts for Baro, but prime parts are hard to come by nowadays, given the lack of motivation that players have in repeating the same mission objective of farming new Relics and getting 10 reactants.

Well, the new system is not for everyone of course, but I hated the old void system with passion. I'm able to survive without any prime weapon / character, but farming for forma and ducats was a hell for me. I spent more than 4 months without a single forma in my inventory and lost all the Baro stuff due to that. When I wanted to grind for forma and ducats I ended up with burnout and had to retire from the game several weeks to start again. 
Of course, I respect the opinions from others, but personaly I like this system better. Running out of relics is not a problem, because it could happen in the old system too, and the way to farm keys was the same we use now to farm relics. The new relics for new warframes is just a compensation for the refinement system (it took me 3 hours to get a vauban prime set with this new system). And I've never had the amount of forma, ducats and prime junk I have right now , because I just hated to run the same tileset against the same faction over and over and over again. Now I'm happy and really excited to start farming Nekros Prime and his weapons :D

To play devil's advocate for a moment:

There is a reason to farm relics. While it is true that you can't pre-stock up on relics for the new system, you can stock up on relic for items that get vaulted then wait about a month and start running them or selling them with largely marked up plat prices to people that want the now vaulted items, making yourself a decent amount of plat.

1 hour ago, Warfoxzero said:

For free right away? WTF are you talking about.Dont you remember the thousands of threads about RNG?How was that "for free right away"? Do and did we play the same game? Some people here ....

Edited by K0bra