Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relic System - Positives, Negatives and General Feedback

OnTarasMind

Before everyone starts lashing out at me for making yet another thread about the relic system, I want to make this clear - I'm not mad/angry/salty/etc. I'm just giving some feedback, suggestions and general criticism on the relic system.

First, let's look at the positives of the new system:

• You can have a higher chance of getting something you want if you decide to refine your relic
  • You get to choose something you want out of a drop pool at the end of a relic run
  • You have a smaller pool of rewards due to there being no clogged loot tables in terms of prime drops

Now, let's look at the negatives of the system:

• There's inherently more grind with this system than before, due to the fact that if you want to refine a relic, you have to farm for void traces.
  • It gets fairly repetitive fairly quickly,
  • The relic drop rates are fairly low, as compared to the value of what they usually give you.

Now, how can this system be improved?:

• Increase relic drops.

Relic drops as they are now are fairly scarce as to the value of what the usually give you. as previously mentioned, and the drop tables are also fairly clogged with what relics drop where. How can that be solved? Simple, make certain relics drop in certain kinds of missions. An example would be making relics A, B and C drop from spy missions, J, K, L drop from excavation missions, X, Y, Z drop from survival missions, etc. As for endless missions, add relics to other rotations, like A, and possibly C. Maybe make eximus units drop relics, and the four kinds of relics would be gated behind the enemy level. Another possibility would be to add more relic packs to syndicates that give more relics, and happen to cost more for the more relics they give you(twenty-thousand for three, thirty-five thousand for six, fifty-thousand for nine, and possibly more after that).

Next suggestion for improving the system:

• Allow the relics to be farmed during endless missions(All but excavation)

This may be a bit complicated to explain, but by adding a way to bring, or maybe even choose what relics you want to open during an endless mission would make the grind a lot more tolerable. How could you do this, you might be asking, well. here's my suggestion - Allow you to choose a relic for each rotation you plan on staying. An example of this would be choosing relic A for the first five minutes, Relic B for the ten minute drop, relic C for the fifteen minute drop, relic X for the twenty minute drop, and let's say I wanted to leave after those twenty minutes - I would click a button that would then allow me to be matched up with other people who chose to bring that many relics for that mission, if I happened to be playing multiplayer, but if I was playing solo, the mission would start. But why no excavation? Simple - That would make grinding out prime drops too fast.

Next suggestion:

• Add randomized modifiers to the void tear missions

I'm thinking of this along the lines of the nightmare type missions, where there's a randomized modifier for that mission. I just feel like this would make it a bit more interesting, since there would be different ways of playing the mission due to different modifiers.

That's all that I have in terms of suggestions so far, and this post may, and most likely will be updated with more suggestions if I happen to think of more, or if I see any in the replies to this post that I happen to like(I will give credit to those who give suggestions that I think would work). Thank you for reading, and remember, don't be toxic and flame me or others for expressing their opinions and suggestions for the relic system.

EDIT ONE: Before people yell at me for not stating whether or not I like the new system, I do like the direction in which the new system is going. I think with some tweaks here and there, and possibly other things that I cna't think of, I believe that this system could be really nice.

Edited by Zia_Avenicia

The biggest problem I'm having is when they said that we can farm ahead of time to prepare for getting the rarest stuff from relics when that isn't true at all. Whenever something new comes out you have to farm for relics before you get to farm the fissure missions. The Void Trace system is trash that doesn't really increase the chances of the rare item. Not one Radiant relic has granted me or my team a rare prime item.

Introduce guaranteed relic farming or make older relics work for new parts. They Key system was superior.

27 minutes ago, ElocFreidon said:

The biggest problem I'm having is when they said that we can farm ahead of time to prepare for getting the rarest stuff from relics when that isn't true at all. Whenever something new comes out you have to farm for relics before you get to farm the fissure missions. The Void Trace system is trash that doesn't really increase the chances of the rare item. Not one Radiant relic has granted me or my team a rare prime item.

^^ This. I've said on numerous other threads too that either myself and my mates don't understand the refinement process or it's not working. The number of times we've had three or four of the same radiant relics and been offered either the same (like four forma) or three different yet extremely common relics is laughable, to the point that we don't even waste the effort refining them anymore.

1 hour ago, D3TON8R said:

^^ This. I've said on numerous other threads too that either myself and my mates don't understand the refinement process or it's not working. The number of times we've had three or four of the same radiant relics and been offered either the same (like four forma) or three different yet extremely common relics is laughable, to the point that we don't even waste the effort refining them anymore.

The drop chance of a rare item from a radiant relic is ten percent, while before, it was five percent, so we literally have a doubled chance of getting something rare as to how it was previously, but we all know how RNG works most of the time.

I think we just need something to make relic farming more fun, because as much as I can easily run around in a derelict for half an hour and get 5 relics, there's a tiny chance it's even the relic I wanted, and then I have to roll RNG again to see if I even get the piece I wanted.

Because currently I don't mind the void fissures, hitting two birds with one stone always did make things easier, but farming for relics isn't anything exciting or new.
Couldn't it be like a treasure hunt?  Collect intel, locate the relic, hijack relic, bug out.

Like I remember DE vaguely mentioning something about quest crafting, couldn't the players string together a bundle of missions like a mini-sortie for a mini-goal for themselves?
Go Spy to hack some corpus database to get intel on some old infested ship that had something important, discover it got salvaged by some grineer and so you blow their ship up to get it.
It's like how you use Void Traces to increase your chances at getting the piece you want, you could have some nebulous resource like Intel you burn to get specific relics and such.

Just now, blazinvire said:

I think we just need something to make relic farming more fun, because as much as I can easily run around in a derelict for half an hour and get 5 relics, there's a tiny chance it's even the relic I wanted, and then I have to roll RNG again to see if I even get the piece I wanted.

Because currently I don't mind the void fissures, hitting two birds with one stone always did make things easier, but farming for relics isn't anything exciting or new.
Couldn't it be like a treasure hunt?  Collect intel, locate the relic, hijack relic, bug out.

Like I remember DE vaguely mentioning something about quest crafting, couldn't the players string together a bundle of missions like a mini-sortie for a mini-goal for themselves?
Go Spy to hack some corpus database to get intel on some old infested ship that had something important, discover it got salvaged by some grineer and so you blow their ship up to get it.
It's like how you use Void Traces to increase your chances at getting the piece you want, you could have some nebulous resource like Intel you burn to get specific relics and such.

It's one of the reasons why I suggested adding randomized modifiers to the void tear missions, sort of like nightmare missions.

4 hours ago, Zia_Avenicia said:

The drop chance of a rare item from a radiant relic is ten percent, while before, it was five percent, so we literally have a doubled chance of getting something rare as to how it was previously, but we all know how RNG works most of the time.

However to even get the radiant thus 10%, you have to do an average of about 5 other missions (unboosted) to get the traces for that..

To begin with you have a 2%, so less than half.

Edited by Loswaith
clarifications

If some type of conversion from old drop table relics to current drop table relics was an option could also be a solution to less mind numbing grinding. Live 10 old relics = 3 new relics etc Making my hundreds of previously converted/farmed relics obsolete each time a new part is farmable is kinda ridiculous