Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

One thing i'd really like to see changed in the new Relics System

Restartmind111

It's okey, i can deal with the new relics variants, Meso A1, Lith S2, Axi F3, etc, just to give an example, but It is a problem for sure that these can't be remembered as easily as the old Void Towers, and it's only gonna get worse with time, but this aside, what i'd really like to change in this new system, is the possibility to get all 4 mission rewards instead of being able to just pick one. This will not only feel more rewarding for players after having to farm for specific relics, having to deal with the already annoying rng, the common mods, the credits caches etc, etc, but also will make the ducats farming  less stressful, so nobody will have to worry that much about getting the right amount in the right time.

And for the void traces bonus, i was thinking on make it so the player with the most scores in mission results gets said traces bonus. This can encourage players to be more active in the missions so they get even more traces. Also yes, maybe increasing the number of given traces to make players feel their efforts are well rewarded.

Btw, this is not in anyway a rant or something like that, im just expressing my opinion and/or a suggestion maybe? 

I'd like to know everyone's thoughts on this, why am i wrong, why this is not a good suggestion, etc. 

Define "most scores."

I've seen missions carried by people running Trinity, Oberon, Frost, or Limbo who focus on the objective and keeping everyone alive while others rack up a higher kill count. The latter look better on the score chart at the end of the mission but actually contribute a lot less to the successful completion of the mission than the Trinity, Oberon, Frost, or Limbo who was doing the hard yards. Ditto the Loki or Ivara who handles the Spy vaults in such missions while everyone else is massacring mobs. I would say they deserve to be better compensated, but according to the mission score chart what they did was irrelevant and only the kills really mattered.

With Void Traces I just think that after acquiring 10 Reactant any additional Reactant should convert on a 1:1 basis to Void Traces. There could be a cap like 5 times MR per mission and 50 times MR per day in bonus traces to slow the rate to reasonable levels but the drop rate right now is pretty low. They have said they were looking into things like having Eximus units drop Traces so that could be helpful too.

Edited by WrathAscending

What I take from this is a basic increase of overall drops from fissure missions in regards to void traces and prime parts?

Getting four parts out of a complete group run sounds broken to me. Even before Void 2.0, people would only get max. two prime parts out of a Void Sabotage mission. Solo runs would become unviable and people would only group up to farm prime parts now.

The mass increase in overall acquisition of prime parts (as you said all four per mission) would require to devalue prime part conversion into ducats even more, because there is an overabundance of prime parts, if your suggestion would actually implemented. Ducat value would hit rock bottom, to depths in which the rarest part could only be worth 20 ducats because of the high availability. Decreasing RNG on getting rarer parts would only amplify this decrease in ducat value.

What do you mean by "player with most scores"? You will need to expand on that.

The number of traces gained within a mission is fine, by my standards. I see no reason to increase it further. If you want to get more traces quicker, take your smeeta kavat or a resource booster into the fissure.

Edited by Proxykon

2 minutes ago, Proxykon said:

What I take from this is a basic increase of overall drops from fissure missions overall in regards to void traces and prime parts?

Getting four parts out of a complete group run sounds broken to me. Even before Void 2.0, people would only get max. two prime parts out of a Void Sabotage mission. Solo runs would become unviable and people would only group up to farm prime parts now.

The mass increase in overall acquisition of prime parts (as you said all four per mission) would require to devalue prime part conversion into ducats even more, because there is an overabundance of prime parts, if your suggestion would actually implemented. Ducat value would hit rock bottom, to depths in which the rarest part could only be worth 20 ducats because of the high availability. Decreasing RNG on getting rarer parts would only amplify this decrease in ducat value.

What do you mean by "player with most scores"? You will need to expand on that.

The number of traces gained within a mission is fine, by my standards. I see no reason to increase it further. If you want to get more traces quicker, take your smeeta kavat or a resource booster into the fissure.

With the scores at the end of a mission i mean the "damage dealt. damage taken, headshots, abilities used", etc. And about the traces bonus, im not talking about the ones that the game gives you when you finish the mission, but the ones that appears at the bottom-right of the screen when your squad partners decide to vote for your part.

Also yes, i agree about the ducats devaluation caused by the increased farming of prime parts, but i didn't got too deep into details with my first post because i wanted people to point out all the faults within it, like you just did. 

And again with the ducats devaluation, i think that if my suggestion is implemented, DE could think on something to prevent that from happening, let us know that, and together make something that can benefit both sides, without sacrificing the economic stability that much. 

Thank you for letting me know what you think!

25 minutes ago, WrathAscending said:

Define "most scores."

I've seen missions carried by people running Trinity, Oberon, Frost, or Limbo who focus on the objective and keeping everyone alive while others rack up a higher kill count. The latter look better on the score chart at the end of the mission but actually contribute a lot less to the successful completion of the mission than the Trinity, Oberon, Frost, or Limbo who was doing the hard yards. Ditto the Loki or Ivara who handles the Spy vaults in such missions while everyone else is massacring mobs. I would say they deserve to be better compensated, but according to the mission score chart what they did was irrelevant and only the kills really mattered. Ditto the Loki or Ivara who handles the Spy vaults in such missions while everyone else is massacring mobs.

With Void Traces I just think that after acquiring 10 Reactant any additional Reactant should convert on a 1:1 basis to Void Traces. There could be a cap like 5 times MR per mission and 50 times MR per day in bonus traces to slow the rate to reasonable levels but the drop rate right now is pretty low. They have said they were looking into things like having Eximus units drop Traces so that could be helpful too.

With the scores at the end of a mission i mean the "damage dealt. damage taken, headshots, abilities used", etc.

And yes, what you pointed out could lead to some kind of rework of the mission results to better represent and correctly reward the different roles in different mission types, like Ivara and Loki doing the Spy missions' objectives while other warframe are killing mobs, aka not doing the mission's main objective. 

Edited by Restartmind111

2 minutes ago, Restartmind111 said:

With the scores at the end of a mission i mean the "damage dealt. damage taken, headshots, abilities used", etc. And about the traces bonus, im not talking about the ones that the game gives you when you finish the mission, but the ones that appears at the bottom-right of the screen when your squad partners decide to vote for your part.

[...]

And again with the ducats devaluation, i think that if my suggestion is implemented, DE could think on something to prevent that from happening, let us know that, and together make something that can benefit both sides, without sacrificing the economic stability that much. 

Thank you for letting me know what you think!

No problem.

Thanks for clarifying what you meant with the scores your mentioned. I agree, the bonus traces you seem to get from people choosing your reward seems really minimal to me. I just finished a fissure mission with getting six traces and one person chose my reward, that increased it by only two traces overall.

But I do not think that people who did reach some highscore on the max damage dealt or headshots etc. should be rewarded. I think that Warframe has never been around competition within the same mission, but between different missions, if you know what I mean. The same thing happened with the old focus system, where people complained, that the focus gain was dependable on who actually scored the kill on what mob. DE listened and created a system, that made it possible to share said focus gain throughout the whole team (by tenno affinity range of 50m), so there wouldn't be competition about which killed the mobs faster than everybody else.

Lastly and unfortunately, in a free trading market, like the one Warframe currently authorizes, I see no way other than forceful intervention by officials in trying to regulate the market prices. Currently, prices are completely subjective and dependable on supply and demand. If supply rises, like in your proposition, demand will eventually fall. The supply will not stop to rise (because many get collateral prime parts out of runs they did) and thus, the platinum price and ducat price should fall, because people still try to make money out of this. DE will notice, that it is pretty easy to get ducats fast and intervene by either increasing ducat prices from Baro OR decrease the value of gained prime parts when selling.

If you are able to somehow circumvent this problem, please let me know, because I would love to hear a good solution to the consequences your proposition would elicit.

1 minute ago, Restartmind111 said:

With the scores at the end of a mission i mean the "damage dealt. damage taken, headshots, abilities used", etc.

And yes, what you pointed out could lead to some kind of rework of the mission results to better represent and correctly reward the different roles in different mission types, like Ivara and Loki doing the Spy missions' objectives while other warframe are killing mobs, aka not doing the mission's main objective. 

Yeah but even if things like that were tweaked there's the issue of Exterminate missions which already incentivize the use of Ash or Ember (especially at low levels) to get through as quickly and effortlessly as possible.

I don't think the end of mission rankings should impinge on mission rewards. There are too many weapon and Warframe combinations that can already dominate those and making them the focus of play risks further limiting squad diversity.

53 minutes ago, Restartmind111 said:

is the possibility to get all 4 mission rewards instead of being able to just pick one

The point of the new system is to have a choice, not that I'm saying I wouldn't like to have a 4, just saying.  Which is why they are adjusting ducat prices and so on.  Anything can happen of course, so we'll see in time if something changes.

People are still upset about and waiting for endless missions to matter again.  So there's that.

You realize it is incredibly easy for some frames to cheese these scores while for others it is near impossible.  Not to mention frames like rhino, nezha, and a few others who always take less damage due to abilities.  Headshots are the same, mesa can get quite a few with little effort.

Just too easy to render these "scores" pointless, they are mostly for show and nothing should be based on them unless they totally redo the entire concept.

Edited by Xekrin

3 hours ago, Xekrin said:

People are still upset about and waiting for endless missions to matter again.  So there's that.

those people will continue to wait forever because they have already failed to see that endless missions are still relevant. they are the best xp, the best mod farm, the best material farm, the best relic farm, and one of the highest difficulty potentials. im glad i will never be one of those pitchfork mob types because DE has come along way with fixes and content with warframe while listening to their player base to continue to move forward. 

Basing anything off of end mission results will be bad period. this is a coop game where team work is rewarded greatly. those players who seek to be over others should probably find a game more suited to that play style but that isnt warframe.

5 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

im glad i will never be one of those pitchfork mob types

Don't take this the wrong way but your entire response was pretty pitchforky sounding, only against other players.  As I was referring specifically to how endless missions in the void went from the best way to get primes to no reason to stay beyond 5 minutes in a fissure mission.  Steve has mentioned a couple times he was going to work on making endless fissure mission better, that is what I meant by making them matter.

The rest of your summation of endless missions is fine, yes they can provide great xp, relics, and obviously they still scale but Prime parts in the old void was the number one reason a majority of players did endless mission in a way, well, endless manner.