Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mako's Atelier: reworks and wip

30 minutes ago, Rekkou said:

Just informing that your sculpt is already out of shape compared to the base model and it won't bake properly as normal map.

my intent is to at least use the uv of the high polly then re place onto the base volt mesh and that should get close to what im after in details , without distortion,  i know ill lose depth and some of the details when bake happens , but wouldnt that happen regardless? 

C6fVrP8U0AABaBx.jpg

7 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

my intent is to at least use the uv of the high polly then re place onto the base volt mesh and that should get close to what im after in details , without distortion,  i know ill lose depth and some of the details when bake happens , but wouldnt that happen regardless?

You can't replace the base UV, changing UV means changing the model even though the mesh it self didn't change a bit. And you won't lose any details as long as you sculpt your high poly carefully following the topology of the base model.

2 hours ago, Rekkou said:

You can't replace the base UV, changing UV means changing the model even though the mesh it self didn't change a bit. And you won't lose any details as long as you sculpt your high poly carefully following the topology of the base model.

but isnt that the point of the depth uv to alter that ?  granted too deep will mess with animations but i can just pull the topology to be flush to the base one so that should resolve any issues with that? 

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

-snip-

Uhh... you're trying to make it sound easy but the truth is nothing you said made any sense. You sure you actually have enough understanding about 3d modeling? 

But if you are confident you can make it works then i'll leave it up to you. 

12 hours ago, Rekkou said:

Uhh... you're trying to make it sound easy but the truth is nothing you said made any sense. You sure you actually have enough understanding about 3d modeling? 

But if you are confident you can make it works then i'll leave it up to you. 

i do have understanding of the method, and ive shown it to sync who said it should be fine just should do test bakes to get it to the right level , problem is terminology might be differ as i dont do this by profession so take that as you will.

Hey man i just have one advice for you that i learned myself the hard way. I've been dishing out many tennogen items without any of them getting in and people were telling me to concetrate on one skin at a time. So i listened to that and saw a huge improvment in my work. You should do the same thing trust me it will help you out a lot.

12 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

doubtful , i have had zero time to touch my tower to get working on kabutos uv and bakes ... 

If it happens,  it happens.

I had to redo a part of the Shakal because it caused chaos in the edgeflow. Damn hidden polys, So I am in rush-mode myself.

It's cool to see Tennogen becoming a natural part of Warframe now. Doesn't feel like a addon any longer.

I wonder if they will ever let us remodel bodies though, I think many want to try.

6 hours ago, arch111 said:

If it happens,  it happens.

I had to redo a part of the Shakal because it caused chaos in the edgeflow. Damn hidden polys, So I am in rush-mode myself.

It's cool to see Tennogen becoming a natural part of Warframe now. Doesn't feel like a addon any longer.

I wonder if they will ever let us remodel bodies though, I think many want to try.

i know i would love to try 

43 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

ok did a shift in its topology to fit better to standard, making it look like befor but its not as deep or as altered 

that took a bit of time  ...

C7mzZzSVUAEqDXX.jpg

Looks like the model is nearing completion now... 

I'm so hyped about this tennogen. 

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

oh yes now im just doing minor details cleanup and the throw its uv , make the needed changes 

i am curious about maybe using substance painter, some are recommending i use that instead of 3dcoat 

Aya... I won't be of any help on that kind of subject I'm still learning in 2D

• 2 weeks later...

so got some time sneaked in - . - sorry work got really busy 

anyway im still working on making the seems between layers look clean [to my eyes anyway] 

ive also started a sketchfab account, but kabuto is 90mb and it needs to be 50mb for sketchfab..so not sure what i can do ...there

heres the current wip: got the back and under arms going well as well as neck and helm details 

C81B9htUQAEGDWd.jpg

C81B9htVwAAAVb0.jpg

C81B9huV0AAQbjV.jpg

8 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

yes i added the texture to that spot , just in that small zone  though

So it'll have the same texture as the black part on the body.... So I suppose it is... The rubber effect you were talking about.