Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mako's Atelier: reworks and wip

Black Chancery +

Black Chancery +

<Deviant Art<>Discord<>Youtube<>Twitch><Twitter><Tumblr>

Bio:

Spoiler

hello and thanks for stopping by , I go by mako

im a green horn in the 3d art department ...self taught in this 3d model/sculpting ..stuff, i find it fun so im trying to get into it 

I started this because I have designs I wish to make tangible and tennogen is my only avenue 

this is a long road for me but i find it relaxing to work on these in my spare time , i do hope you all enjoy and like the work as they progress

if you have any input or tweaks please feel free to make them known and yes i take requests 

This is a gallery for my concepts that im making for tennogen , im rather new at this so im trying my best to make them a reality 

Black Chancery +

Syandanas:

Spoiler

Seraphic syandana wip

wing span styles im testing, issues with gameplay visibility is a concern 

unknown.pngunknown.png

old style

Spoiler

unknown.pngunknown.png?width=438&height=409 unknown.png?width=614&height=409

Devi syandana -some wip testing on subtances used

Spoiler

unknown.pngunknown.png 

unknown.pngunknown.png

Warframes:

Volt [kabuto-V ]

Spoiler

I originally was designing just a helm , but by request ive altered it to be more reflective of kamen rider kabuto, originally the design for the helm was derived from the just the beetle however , this is my first tennogen project

i think ive come along way in terms of my sculpt technique

WIP: redrafting design 

DVoFsnBVwAAzvc3.jpg:large

OLD designs but examples of substances i plan to use , old helm will be used in another helm project for volt

Spoiler

C86Zcn7UMAEUR3u.jpgDDdFQUlVwAEW52x.jpg:large

Nova Empress: collaboration with missmarifire] [3/9] 

Spoiler

This is one originally was drafted as a collaboration between me and missmarifire as a nova deluxe design [was even mentioned when the real one came out oddly enough] 

Now there is two syandanas to go with the theme 

art is by missmarifire and the 3d model is one derived from her designs [which i love the details of xD ]

Spoiler

.eJwFwdENhCAMANBdGIDWBgu4DUGC5pQSqLkPc7vfe695xmU2c6j2uQHs58wydjtVRqrFVpF6ldTPabPckFRTPu7SdAL5iJFWYsYVMYTIQGGJyLQQo3PeO4fwtE-Tb7O9VfP7AwelIts.WAoAc9bU89KCGy7-AEAuNvjQ_yM?width=1099&height=619unknown.png

V1 Nova Empress -collaboration tennogen- by DrkMako

unknown.png

[original concept art]

Spoiler

Nova Tennogen concept: empress by DrkMako

Ember : Pele V5

Spoiler

Backstory: 

so roughly a year+ ago i drafted some designs for a deluxe skin for ember 

the skin was derived after the Hawaiian goddess Pele [volcano] -destruction, creation , ect

it has been my goal to create this into a tennogen 

pele was one of my earlier designs so im trying to bring it to life so to speak

the current WIP is a merg of all 3 versions i drew for this idea 

unknown.png

Original Deluxe designs

Spoiler

DHEfvZXVYAA1lfa.jpgpele__ember_deluxe_skin__v2_touch_up_by_drkmako-da0hl34.pngember_deluxe_pele_v3_by_drkmako-da2p0nx.

Nyx: Succubus V3

Spoiler

unknown.pngunknown.png

[original concept art] 

Image result for nyx succubus

Octavia-Orchestra 6/30/17

Spoiler

Design wise i think i want to create some caps for the tubes , i was thinking a merg of cockatoo and an organ ,  dont ask why i went there  

unknown.png?width=946&height=470

Muramasa -Excalibur

Spoiler

unknown.png?width=536&height=408unknown.png?width=725&height=408

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako
wip updates

1 hour ago, Cyriann said:

Ad for feedback... I feel like the horn seems to be protruding a bit too much but...

Maybe a profile sight would show better the way how it comes out of the helmet.

so adjust the horn and adjust the profile

20 minutes ago, Okakuro said:

Looks really nice, maybe add a chin or bring it out a bit?

ill adjust its angle of tilt and maybe that will fix it, or i can build up the face design

Nice start! Once you add HQ details the edges will pop. All it takes is one dot of highest detail and all geo surrounding it will be subdivided.  A really fast way to increase details.

Allso pinch and flatten are awesome to chisel out those flowing lines.

I recommend cycling the materials for light/shadows and allso do a material/paint pass on a low polymodel to test out what the Infinity Engine will do to it.

Edited by arch111
i can't spell. this phone conspires against me

7 hours ago, arch111 said:

Nice start! Once you add HQ details the edges will pop. All it takes is one dot of highest detail and all geo surrounding it will be subdivided.  A really fast way to increase details.

Allso pinch and flatten are awesome to chisel out those flowing lines.

I recommend cycling the materials for light/shadows and allso do a material/paint pass on a low polymodel to test out what the Infinity Engine will do to it.

16 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

v3 helm tweaks

CrEcCA3VIAAqKTC.jpg:large

ive brought the horn in more, and adjusted the jaw line of the helm

tweaks to horn style also as well as general reshaping

more details on the "eye" energy spots

Wow...

Even if this is just low poly and not textured yet... I can say I'll want that when it's finished.

40 minutes ago, Cyriann said:

Wow...

Even if this is just low poly and not textured yet... I can say I'll want that when it's finished.

thanks ^. ^ i really appreciate it 

though im not sure how to texture or mask it ....

ive seen the results of other tennogens and not sure how to get from 3d model to that yet >. < 

Great progress! 

Try moving it up a detailnotch. Define the edges, face and neck by using the flatten tool set to middle detail and mid-max streangth.

Before you know it, things start to be clearer and more distinct.

Coloring in Sc is simple. Choose 1024 and tight and play around.

It looks good, if a bit undefined. Do you have the Ashmodel to compare size and angle to? Its actually pretty wide.

If you have Blender you should be able to import the OBJ and then export it as a new file to use in Sculptris. 

For some reasons, the files from DE will not work by default, at least this was true with other warframes I have tried. Inhad to open in Maya and then Export as a OBJ to use in Sculptris or ZBrush. 

Super annoying.

I am currently playing with a Ash helm and (possibly) using Ash to model a male Valkyr. I don't care that it's not supported; now I can finally try it :)

On 2016-9-12 at 7:33 PM, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

op cleanup 

next stage is to refine the models texture and details 

then ill try working with masking?

Sure, but you need to import into another software for texture and uvs.

Not to mention building the low poly version with good topology/flow.

1 hour ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

i have zero idea of how to do that :D 

Do you know basic UV-map and texturing? Sculptris models can be imported as a OBJ, into for example Blender, then rebuild the model in a low polygon version intop of the high rez.

This new lowpoly is then given UV-coordinates for textures, and the normal map you get from the Sculptris model.

After that you get into textures and the Tibtmap, that I myself have only just begun.

You can paint and apply color and materials in sculptris for surprisingly good results to concept what you want later.