Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mako's Atelier: reworks and wip

3 hours ago, GiraffaYandereBeetle said:

Hurry up before I use up all my money from my current salary!

jk pls take your time to make this perfect

i swear im trying , flippin setbacks are driving me up the wall TT . TT

because once i get my "method" for doing this , i can do this at a way faster rate , and develop better each time 

9 hours ago, Cyriann said:

Definitely this helmet will be interesting to see on Volt 

thanks , i hope so , my dream si to be able to use it myself on console someday xD 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, GiraffaYandereBeetle said:

Ayyyy yes the glow pls

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)TomTheImperator said:

dang dude, this has turned from a deformed baguette to a amazing volt helmet

4 hours ago, LunarEdge7 said:

[I'd say, YES, but wait for the others to answer. @GiraffaYandereBeetle]

thanks

ill start some serious grind on it and the skin next week if time permits 

and ok lines will have the glow effects 

hopefully i can get the uvs done and submit for next round xD 

Ok tenno i got some time into get all the grooves layered out in the depth layer, im clenaing them up to be ..realativly ...clean looking now 

after that i think ill cleanup the other layers to be metalic and then get alphas zeroed down 

after that if i can get this [cursing and rage ] UV layer to export correctly then i can move to the alt skin uv and ill submit as a bundle to keep the cost down 

C0aP8a1WIAA5F5l.jpg

3 hours ago, Cyriann said:

Can't wait to see the skin going along with this. 

thanks!

.....also noted i spelled grooves wrong ... lol bad mako ....

Kabuto Helm + skin update:

just an update on things ive been thinking on ,  also wanted to get feedback on the designs

so some tweaks on horizon ,  ive decided im just going to make the red part of helm metallic with black sections to complement, because on reflection the kamen rider suit is mainly metallic red/silver with matte [rubber] sections 

i will also o some work on the horn as its pretty barren as is and some light glow spots i think will make the helm blend better into warframes themes , nothing crazy but similar to the small glowing spots many helms have on them already

then ill start work on the second of the non primary layers the black matte

as my goal is to make the base default look close to kamen rider kabutos setup out of the gate, but to make it an acceptable warrframe 

UV-layers

ok ive successfully exported and broken the layers out thanks to 3Dcoat supports , however the files are not converting to PNG as required so i can do cleanup in gimp desire . they are in a 3Dcoat file type ... so still working on that issue ....with support , supposedly it shouldn't be doing this .......yay me finding a bug....

SKIN

Image result for kabuto kamen

the skin will be similar to ^ as the helm is majorly metallic the skin will have a lot of the black suit design to it [i may add in some orokin text if i figure out how.. some sort of easter egg the kamen fans will apreciate ] with metallic on arms, belt , chest and feet

ive got a topology guide ive been working on to make it hopefully have no issues with volt primes which is what ive been trying to address since the skin was suggested 

beetle buckle?:

im not sure if i can add the beetle buckle....but i can try a drawn on one in the uv layers , that way i dont alter the 3 model to much and get red flaged..hopefully

Default colors:

Primary - Red [to be redone in metallic red]

secondary silver/white metalic 

tet1- black [lines in grooves] 

tet 2 - next layer to be added black matte 

alpha- glow effects , eyes, lights and grooves to work on chennel hopefully...

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, GiraffaYandereBeetle said:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

happy or ....angry 

or both rage happy

i cannot tell 

also im making a special polypaint for the black rubber texture , thats kinda been the holdup on my end ..everything i tried looked like asphalt tar ..stuff on ground on a black top type texture this one should be a semi matte semi shiny rubber 

Kabuto Skin helm Update

So I had the first successful test of the rubber layer texture [yay!]

keep in mind this one was created from scratch , i was having this weird..ballooning effect were the whole layer inflated ..it was weird 

seams would create ..spikes

after a few late hours last night i got it to look right 

then i tried merging head and body..and it ..well happened in a huge way ...

this morning was a the first test with tweaks with no issues or seams [yes i saved my work xD ]

needless to say i need coffee..  

but im very proud of the bodys progress as well as the helms merger points and overall fit. but

as always feedback and or criticism is welcome, a sim making this for more then just myself -honestly id doubt id get to use my own helm for years way tennogen is going- 

anyway sorry this is so long .... 

next i have to re apply my metallic and and add the "seems" to the edges , and finally get the alpha layer to be as desired, then submission time !

C2EGJ5UXUAEwJaS.jpg

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

29 minutes ago, Cyriann said:

I'm very interested in seeing it textured now...

God I'd wish I could do that kind of work myself...

im learning as i go myself , once i get my methods down ill do a tennogen tutorial vids i think to help make this ...easier for others

one in sculptris with blender and one for zbrush and another for 3d coat

3 tutorial types i think would help others..

and ive done a vid on how to sculpt helms in sculptris already

anyway per this model there are three texture "layers"

a red metal , a silver metal and a rubber texture [shown above]