Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mako's Atelier: reworks and wip

• 2 weeks later...

Kabuto Update: 1/22/2017

so sat down , locked self in my study and started doing some serious work on the body and helm , checking points on the obj and making sure UVs were on point, started cleaning up the layers and laying out the design plans for the body and colors merging, I removed the depth layers levels and reset to zero[was getting very complicated so just reset], I'll alter them back up after the coloring layering is setup, i can do it faster now that im more familiar, then i can start blending depths and colors layers to make a more details UV 

i think if i alter depth right i can get a nice 3d beetle design onto the "buckle" location 

i also added a start for a beetle design on the back of the "cloth" 

overall im very happy with the progress , worked on this majority of today and saturday 

but as always feedback and input is apreciated

C2zzUpWXgAA2B6r.jpg

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Just now, Cyriann said:

Very nice I'm gonna love that skin.

im hopeful of that , as my first tennogen project i think its proceeding well

the depth layer made it pop, but it was conflicting in that painting 

as i pretty much am learning this..trade.. through my experiences making kabuto , i think im developing well as a 3d artist ....hopefully 

• 2 weeks later...

update: 2/3/17

seem to caught a cold this morning ..lovely  ..

back on topic ...

Kabuto: 

so took time chipping away at kabuto 

altered depth layer in body [not helm much just back]

started working on the [blue] area texture to match kamen rider counterparts 

worked on sculpting UV layers blending and trying to style the "designs" with the new depths 

results look nice to me but as always tenno feedback is appreciated

C3ycau1VUAA4cV_.jpg

Some details 

Spoiler

C3ycau1UEAAKKxq.jpgC3ycau2UoAYLfr9.jpg

inb4 hype .. still have to cleanup line designs and apply the E [glow effects layers ] 

after that some alterations to rubber to get the weird pattern i noticed on kamen  ...has [why did i just notice that?]

Nyz: 

no update on her design [split it into to versions v1 and v2 ]

Ember:

Pele started work on pele helm and body design , i have this cool idea for a flower petal and volcano mix to go with the theme

Liking kabuto alot!  Good progress man:)!

For some reason I want ribbons or chains or something from the far edges if the helmet. With lightning effects ;)

I am a sucker for danglies on helmets.

Anyway you are on a good trajectory. Second star to the right.

6 hours ago, Cyriann said:

That Volt design is hyping me more and more each update... 

I sold to it. 

thanks xD i just hope those who want it will enjoy it 

2 hours ago, arch111 said:

Liking kabuto alot!  Good progress man:)!

For some reason I want ribbons or chains or something from the far edges if the helmet. With lightning effects ;)

I am a sucker for danglies on helmets.

Anyway you are on a good trajectory. Second star to the right.

gratsie arch 

for this update i did a lot of work doing cleanup and topology[think thats the word..] 

my major focus was centralized on the back this time around , ill be doing similiar clean up on front / arms/ legs as i proceed

and so far no desire to add dangly to the helmet D:

but i have some ideas on other works im developing , though not sure how to setup the mechanics on the moving parts... 

37 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

thanks xD i just hope those who want it will enjoy it 

gratsie arch 

for this update i did a lot of work doing cleanup and topology[think thats the word..] 

my major focus was centralized on the back this time around , ill be doing similiar clean up on front / arms/ legs as i proceed

and so far no desire to add dangly to the helmet D:

but i have some ideas on other works im developing , though not sure how to setup the mechanics on the moving parts... 

Moving parts? That's up to the riggers. If the idea is solid they can be convinced to do the work.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

like the cloth  effect one sees on some of the tennogen designs, so then that physics is applied by de?  

Depends. Rhino Primes turning screws are obviously animated to move that way.

Things like Saryn Primes tentaclehair is using clothfx.

They can probably.do anything if they feel like it :) convince them!

1 hour ago, arch111 said:

Depends. Rhino Primes turning screws are obviously animated to move that way.

Things like Saryn Primes tentaclehair is using clothfx.

They can probably.do anything if they feel like it :) convince them!

That's in fact something that could use a question asked... 

Personally I'm not sure this design for Volt need moving parts, after all the beetle is encased in a solid armor like any other arthropod. So not sure dangly bits would fit... Still it's my personal view. 

36 minutes ago, Cyriann said:

That's in fact something that could use a question asked... 

Personally I'm not sure this design for Volt need moving parts, after all the beetle is encased in a solid armor like any other arthropod. So not sure dangly bits would fit... Still it's my personal view. 

^ ya i was considering other designs in that moving mechanics and maybe some syandana designs i have in mind 

overall it just strange process 

update Pele: 2/417

so started modling a ehad derived from my v1-3 of pele , this v4 utilises a hibiscus flower in the rear that has the flame jet coming out

pele is the goddess of life/death destruction/rebirth that volcanos signify 

so i want to incorporate some floral petals into the design. make them a glow point 

and if i figure out how create it so the designs on body flow through specific points 

C32EWgwVMAANRnk.jpg

Spoiler

C32EWgwUkAAyMdm.jpgC32EWgwUMAAIEze.jpgC32EWgvUcAAoCYu.jpg

2 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

C32EWgwUkAAyMdm.jpg

If that part can be flexible, and maybe shorter than this, with the petals emitting a fiery pattern for the energy... That would probably be interesting.

2 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

C32EWgwVMAANRnk.jpg

As for the floral design diving into the body... why not carve some vines ? But looking like cracks in the body, ultimately linking to the floral design on the mask by different entry ways.

That way would figure out both the floral inspiration and the volcano design. (once again personal interpretation)

33 minutes ago, Cyriann said:

If that part can be flexible, and maybe shorter than this, with the petals emitting a fiery pattern for the energy... That would probably be interesting.

As for the floral design diving into the body... why not carve some vines ? But looking like cracks in the body, ultimately linking to the floral design on the mask by different entry ways.

That way would figure out both the floral inspiration and the volcano design. (once again personal interpretation)

i like it, ill add this into my notes

42 minutes ago, Cyriann said:

I tweaked the helm to have a  more "fire" look and added floral patterns to that style , ill probably have the floral paths intertwine around her body to give a shaping effect i think  C322m5fUoAABSFg.jpg

C322m5aVYAAy2pW.jpgC322m5bVYAAvrUm.jpg

24 minutes ago, arch111 said:

Interesting. Would you consider har like tendrils/vines down the back or do you think that would be too much?

Seeing Pele I could imagine an energyeffect like hair or lava or fire too.

i dunno i did the singular thinking it was short/long enough to not be to much of an issue , i was considering turning the "ponytail" effect to be fire or a petal/vine variation coming down