Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mako's Atelier: reworks and wip

per DE:taylor, all tennogen skins revert primes to vanilla body.... 

so i can now make alterations to problem areas, neck, shoulders , knees and feet of kabuto YAY 

I just wanted everyoen to be aware of this , review round seven post by de taylor 

also i will be changing up some of my other designs to reflect this as well now 

11 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

per DE:taylor, all tennogen skins revert primes to vanilla body.... 

so i can now make alterations to problem areas, neck, shoulders , knees and feet of kabuto YAY 

I just wanted everyoen to be aware of this , review round seven post by de taylor 

also i will be changing up some of my other designs to reflect this as well now 

I'm personally quite disappointed by this idea of DE, though I suppose primed elements coukd be problematic with some skins, why did they made it a "forced" model swap is something I'm not really understanding... 

Do you have an opinion on this Mako? Since you are creating skins I want to know what you think of it, and why it was seen as an issue. 

7 hours ago, Cyriann said:

I'm personally quite disappointed by this idea of DE, though I suppose primed elements coukd be problematic with some skins, why did they made it a "forced" model swap is something I'm not really understanding... 

Do you have an opinion on this Mako? Since you are creating skins I want to know what you think of it, and why it was seen as an issue. 

well from my perspective its difficult but not hard to craft skins with the primes in mind.  

you just have to compare the altered points 

that said you cant be 100% on ball as we dont have prime frames to verify these other then maybe doing comparison images from our own loadouts 

i find that this will be beneficial in terms of making more detailed skins and parts without having to worry about prime parts  

Update: 2/17 

so ive been busy , kabuto's still has some final tweaks before submission

the emissive work , the uvs have no clipping yes !,  i may remove the beetle on back and change that part up 

Spoiler

YES im close to pushing it out i think maybe march, i want it to be perfect :D 

-side flipping note, i cant believe i can do this stuff xD 

now in between kabuto  ive been developing the other tennogens that were my old concepts for deluxe skins  

and im happy to announce nova empress is started also :D , in collaboration with missmarifire who helped me draft the original design 

-yes i multi task it helps me think ..adhd .... i dont have an issue D: i swear-

this year i have a goal to submit the ones stated in OP 

heres the original arts and the current designs 

Nova-wip

Spoiler

C41XE9sVUAAmGNX.jpg

Image result for nova empress

Ember Pele

Spoiler

C4zwOHpUEAAviBe.jpgC4zwPlvVUAEfDKz.jpgC4zwPAUUYAAbiHB.jpg

Ember Pele delux skin by DrkMako

Nyx succubus

Spoiler

nyx_succubus_deluxe_design_by_drkmako-dat22zv.jpgC2BRtyzVQAAYX_n.jpg

current tennogen version

C41Du60VUAAGxHo.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Update: 2/27 :

so my tv/monitor should be repaired by this weekend [yay] 

also some updates on the collaboration i forgot to share

the collaboration is derived from a design me and @MissMarifire did a while back together  

so the full design will be tweaked to fit to nova as is to fill out for tennogen "specifications" 

Now we have two possible -or both?- syandana themes to go with it 

art is curtsy of missamarifire 

3d model is one I derived based on her drawings 

though we are going back and forth on color schemes 

thought youd all enjoy 

unknown.png.eJwFwdENhCAMANBdGIDWBgu4DUGC5pQSqLkPc7vfe695xmU2c6j2uQHs58wydjtVRqrFVpF6ldTPabPckFRTPu7SdAL5iJFWYsYVMYTIQGGJyLQQo3PeO4fwtE-Tb7O9VfP7AwelIts.WAoAc9bU89KCGy7-AEAuNvjQ_yM?width=1099&height=619

.eJwNwlsOhCAMAMC7cADa1PDyNgQJmlVKaI0fZu--O5nX3PM0q9lVh6wA2yGF52ZFeeZWbWNuZ83jEFv4gqyay37VrgIUEiZy5D06xBiTB4qEGBaHjpbwHz3c_dP56Xb0Zr4_B4ki3g.7AjZ4YITgPaAzl9bJT2QsNnDbNo?width=1099&height=619

.eJwFwdsNwyAMAMBdGAA7bnllG0QsEinECLtfVXfv3dd91u12d5pN3QGOS5usw6vJqp19F-k313mpbzKgmtV2Dn5MgVLBQoFixICYc4lAeSvpFTbMkSi9Q0LgMRer-vl09_sDB80i1A.ms6mpDMU9YwfgqmdoLL5CePC-J0  

.eJwFwdENhCAMANBdGICW5qjUbQgSNFEhtPpzud3vva975ulWt5sNXQG2Q0ufm1frM7fqW-_trHkc6ku_IJvlsl_1NgVaBIUiMWNETEkYKAVZIkWW-BEOQghv8ONu7vcHWyggiQ.vjAd0VwuZxTgcuSY0FqdCSFgk1Y

1 hour ago, arch111 said:

Is there even a rig for lower syandanas yet? 

Allso the jets on nova, how do they work, or will you make them part of the design maby?

And I like the second right one, but maby a bit smaller so it won't hide nova too much.

i might incorporate them into the design so it fits to novas vents , no word yet but ill ask sync on it 

the head in the original had a spiral vent though 

Just a tip in general. Helmets are allowed to have added models to it.

See Nekros helmet who have 6 bars that are skinned and weighed to the body, to.one bone or other. 

So far they have said no to bodyaddons, but since Nekros exist that is kind of a grey area.

I take that as a (possible) way to add extra armor or clothing as long as it do not obscure or clip too badly.

I just thought you can keep that in the back of your mind :)

6 hours ago, GiraffaYandereBeetle said:

Hmm doesn't it seem cumbersome to work on so many models at once? Why not work one at a time?

*Kabuto skin hype*

OH SPEAKING OF WHICH, DO YOU CONSIDER CREATING A KABUTO KUNAI SKIN FOR DAGGERS?

i could, if they provide a model 

and in truth i find sculpting to be very fast work and relaxing, sometimes i get ..writers block on one then i work on the others,

many of my designs ive had for years, but i only now can make them a reality so i want to create a tangible form i can see in some way i guess

[my only issue is my monitor for the machine i work on is dead D: its in the shop so thats why no updates these past weeks on model progress ]

3 hours ago, arch111 said:

Just a tip in general. Helmets are allowed to have added models to it.

See Nekros helmet who have 6 bars that are skinned and weighed to the body, to.one bone or other. 

So far they have said no to bodyaddons, but since Nekros exist that is kind of a grey area.

I take that as a (possible) way to add extra armor or clothing as long as it do not obscure or clip too badly.

I just thought you can keep that in the back of your mind :)

ive seen others add, pars or small things to models that have gotten in , things that are small , so thats how i was planning to work mine in. ive reviewed all xbox tennogens i own to see them as examples of ok'd work 

By the way Mako, do you do commissions or things like that ?

'cause I have a little something on my mind, but I can't finalize it alone as I completely lack the skills necessary for it... Basically I'd like to give you some details in pm, ad se if you are interested.

Just now, Cyriann said:

By the way Mako, do you do commissions or things like that ?

'cause I have a little something on my mind, but I can't finalize it alone as I completely lack the skills necessary for it... Basically I'd like to give you some details in pm, ad se if you are interested.

yes i do commissions and collaborations :) 

Update:  Kabuto 

ok so now that i can do this again i have some concerns on kabutos look 

im saving the UV as is , and will go back to redraft its body /helm sculpt to add more details, after now owning a bunch of the new tennogen and inspecting them i think i now understand what extents are allowed, plus i have talked to a few others and have some new ideas to make kabuto more in line as a tennogen/deluxe type of skin and keep to the kamen rider them 

the other skins/helms are progressing nicely , i should get some new images up for your review and take your input on these, ill try to do a live stream so input is live while i work 

30 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

If you keep working on 20 projects at the same time, you'll get Kabuto into Tennogen by 2020 :D I write it as I am very interested in where you'll go with the design.

50 minutes ago, Cyriann said:

Looks nice, very nice

kabutos still #1 project others are what i do when i have time

some more progress 

C6fRDlLVAAAMX2j.jpgC6fRDlNVUAAqagZ.jpg

C6fRDlNVAAQRITX.jpgC6fRDlQVMAA3LBj.jpgC6fR5kSVYAEemp_.jpg