Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Callout to Tigris Prime

cookieknife

21 hours ago, Inarticulate said:

30% base status is huge for shotguns. It is literally and unarguably the dividing line between shotguns that are status-viable and shotguns that are not status-viable.

The fact that you deal on average 1,000 damage per tick (7,000 damage over 6 seconds) worth of Slash procs on top of a nearly guaranteed (89% per shot) Viral proc per shot is huge for any player that doesn't play exclusively with pre-made squads with 4 Corrosive Projections. Neither of the existing status shotguns are Slash-focused, so this is bringing something new to the table.

Right? I saw Rob's video where he kills a 140 bombard in 4 shots.

I don't know how someone could be upset about this. Build the prime as a status weapon to take advantage of that and keep your sancti as a fast-reload/4-shot/pure damage build. Which ever one you prefer.

Just imagine for a second you have 100% status, your crit kitty procs Cat's eye and you hit a group of enemies. Imagine that crit damage. Imagine those crit slash procs.

Tigris Prime is great. You lose the Syndicate Proc for better damage scaling.

How does one make a dual barrel shotgun "new and interesting"? What possible mechanic would go into such a gun that already isn't there? Not ALL primes have to be the definite "Best version" of a given weapon. They are bling. And the stat differences from the standard version should, on all primes, me big enough to have an impact, but small enough to not completely overshadow the standard version. 

And syndicate weapons are their own beasts because having them means there's a kill-platoon on your &#!. 

I havent read everyone opinions about the Tigris Prime vs Sancti Tigris in this thread but, I want to say that the Tigris Prime didnt need all of that damage. It's actually a let down. Tigris Prime gain 300 more damage, 5% status, loss 5% critical, gain 0.5 critical, loss 0.3 reload time. You have the Sancti Tigris that does a lot of damage and you have the syndicate proc as well. Tigris Prime doesnt have the syndicate proc, just more overall damage. I mean does it need all of that damage necessary for the Tigris Prime when the Sancti Tigris do a lot of damage already? Personally, I see this as a person using Rhino Prime with the Boltor Prime or a regular person using the Tonkor. Better yet, it's like when the syndicate primaries came out and everyone was talking about the vaykor hek and normal hek with the augment. 

Edited by SIFTXIX

3 hours ago, Lakais said:

How does one make a dual barrel shotgun "new and interesting"? What possible mechanic would go into such a gun that already isn't there? Not ALL primes have to be the definite "Best version" of a given weapon. They are bling. And the stat differences from the standard version should, on all primes, me big enough to have an impact, but small enough to not completely overshadow the standard version. 

And syndicate weapons are their own beasts because having them means there's a kill-platoon on your &#!. 

like i said in the post and like many people have suggested in the forum. give it a 4 round magazine.

They gave it an absurd MR rank requirement but people can toss 50$ at the game to automatically unlock it regardless of MR. So everyone else has to sit and build a bunch of terrible weapons to boost MR to get access to a weapon which is no more than a sidegrade. The Galatine Prime's MR makes sense as it has overtaken the War as the strongest greatsword, but the Tigris Prime should've just been MR 12. I guess I'll have to build all of the garbage Grineer/Mutalist weapons now, even though most of them haven't been updated or buffed in the past year

Whilst boosting MR with Fodder I have fallen in love with the Nukor and the Ogris. Now if only more of the weapons in-game were as interesting.

The Tigris Prime is hilariously fun, now if only I could find Scattering Inferno..

Edited by Nox_Terminus
Changed my opinion

13 hours ago, Thrymm said:

Unless something changed(and it may have, it's been awhile since I did any cache searching), Sabotage caches show up on radar with animal instinct and thieves wit.

A way to test this is to drag an ignis(or something else with huge AE and punch through) into a mission like that and give everything a good hosing down.  Let carrier pick it all up and if there is still a blip behind a wall, that means something is stuck down and/or didn't get destroyed----usually a cache.

will check it - i'm 1000000% sure that back when void sabotage was added, the caches didn't show up on the loot radar. I've always thought that it's because otherwise it would be too easy to find them, but i wouldn't mind if that changed

1 hour ago, Krumplifej said:

will check it - i'm 1000000% sure that back when void sabotage was added, the caches didn't show up on the loot radar. I've always thought that it's because otherwise it would be too easy to find them, but i wouldn't mind if that changed

They have been showing up on radar since the beginning, or maybe a few hotfixes after.  

On that subject, I find that the best way to filter these out is to use a max range Maim pulse, since it will destroy all containers in a 45m radius.   Use it alongside a long range loot-detection setup and watch the map for maximum effect.  

On 8/24/2016 at 6:30 PM, Inarticulate said:

wI'm almost certain the wiki is incorrect on the number of pellets. My testing in the Simulacrum suggests that the Tigris Prime fires 8 pellets (2 more than the Sancti Tigris) per shot.

8 pellets was the count from the Silver Grove datamine, and everything else from that was correct for the Tigris P and Galatine P, so I'd assume those were the final stats.

18 hours ago, RetiredEdgeLord said:

Well...

Reveal hidden contents

maxresdefault.jpg

Gun Jesus approves. (Well, probably not after that match... but still ;) )

Spoiler

16 hours ago, Inarticulate said:

You know, the Boar Prime and Strun Wraith are the only other status shotguns.

The AkBronco Ps are as well, though they're not primary shotguns.

In any case though, I'd agree, DE did a really great job with the Tigris P. They somehow managed to make another Tigris that's both good and doesn't step on the toes of the Sancti, which was quite the feat.  

Edited by Aglethe

47 minutes ago, (PS4)Lord_Gremlin said:

Why would you need status on 2 shot shotgun that kills everything in one shot, or double shot. Just pure damage is the way. If you want status use strun wraith.

Feels good oneshotting bursas.

The chance per pellet isn't that much higher, 4.98% on the strun wraith to the 4.361% of the tigris prime.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Lord_Gremlin said:

Why would you need status on 2 shot shotgun that kills everything in one shot, or double shot. Just pure damage is the way. If you want status use strun wraith.

Because the S Tigris can't one shot everything, at least not without CP and perhaps a bit of team buff/debuff co-ordination. If you never play solo or pub, there's not as much need for it, no. As far as why not the Straith, by the time you need status, the reload on that starts to become a significant issue. To be fair that's a problem with the Tigris P too, but it does a hell of a lot more work per shot.

16 minutes ago, Spergin_McBadposter said:

The chance per pellet isn't that much higher, 4.98% on the strun wraith to the 4.361% of the tigris prime.

The advantage of 35% over 30% base is that you only need 3 dual stat elementals instead of all four. So you have better proc control and more modding room to play with. In theory having a magazine and a slightly higher fire rate are also beneficial, especially if you're going for corrosive procs (which the Straith has to do with Impact base). But the Tigris P is more geared towards slash and viral, so it's less of an issue than it otherwise might be.

2 hours ago, Spergin_McBadposter said:

Because the status chance per pellet is not linear with status chance per shot. Therefore, the base unmodded status chance per pellet is completely irrelevant.

For a shotgun with 8 pellets, a status chance of 48% per shot equals 6% per pellet, a status chance of 99% per shot equals 44% per pellet, and a status chance of 100% per shot equals 100% per pellet.

I apologize for the double post, but I have become aware that Shell Shock is being sold by Baro Ki'Teer this weekend on PC.

If you do not yet have this mod and are interested in the Tigris Prime, now is your chance to get it.

Edited by Inarticulate

2 hours ago, Aglethe said:

Because the S Tigris can't one shot everything, at least not without CP and perhaps a bit of team buff/debuff co-ordination. If you never play solo or pub, there's not as much need for it, no. As far as why not the Straith, by the time you need status, the reload on that starts to become a significant issue. To be fair that's a problem with the Tigris P too, but it does a hell of a lot more work per shot.

The advantage of 35% over 30% base is that you only need 3 dual stat elementals instead of all four. So you have better proc control and more modding room to play with. In theory having a magazine and a slightly higher fire rate are also beneficial, especially if you're going for corrosive procs (which the Straith has to do with Impact base). But the Tigris P is more geared towards slash and viral, so it's less of an issue than it otherwise might be.

What tigris prime can't oneshot at level 100? Which is max level you meet in game. And don't say Juggernaut, yes this one resists.

1 hour ago, Inarticulate said:

Because the status chance per pellet is not linear with status chance per shot. Therefore, the base unmodded status chance per pellet is completely irrelevant.

For a shotgun with 8 pellets, a status chance of 48% per shot equals 6% per pellet, a status chance of 99% per shot equals 44% per pellet, and a status chance of 100% per shot equals 100% per pellet.

It matters for damage dealing statuses. If you've got your damage spread across 8 pellets and only one procs, only the damage from that pellet contributes to the status.

I thought it was badass.

I'm typically not a fan of the burst-fire, constant reload, shotgun style gameplay, but I was freaking blowing things away, even unranked. And I just love hearing that sound effect when I fire a shot and blow someone's freaking head off.

Imo, DE did a solid A+ job on Tigris Prime.

6 minutes ago, Spergin_McBadposter said:

It matters for damage dealing statuses. If you've got your damage spread across 8 pellets and only one procs, only the damage from that pellet contributes to the status.

The unmodded status chance per pellet is completely irrelevant because the fully modded status chance per pellet will be 100% for any properly-made status shotgun build.

1 minute ago, Inarticulate said:

The unmodded status chance per pellet is completely irrelevant because the fully modded status chance per pellet will be 100% for any properly-made status shotgun build.

I don't think you can hit 100% per pellet on any existing shotgun. Which one are you using that has a high enough base to hit that?