Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Despite all common sense, new Prime grind is not worse

BPNPC

This requires me to have access to Pluto. I have Mercury through Uranus, as well as Sedna. No access to Neptune, Pluto, or Eris.

so yes, my method is optimal for me. Especially since I only have to do a single mission, rather than do a lot of them. Remember, I LIKE stealth. I like the bonus affinity for stealth kills, as well as the bonus affinity and credits for hacking all three vaults without alarms.

16 minutes ago, Nocam said:

This requires me to have access to Pluto. I have Mercury through Uranus, as well as Sedna. No access to Neptune, Pluto, or Eris.

so yes, my method is optimal for me. Especially since I only have to do a single mission, rather than do a lot of them. Remember, I LIKE stealth. I like the bonus affinity for stealth kills, as well as the bonus affinity and credits for hacking all three vaults without alarms.

Optimal = Master

What you are describing = Jack of all Trades

There is a difference. 

Just now, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Optimal = Master

What you are describing = Jack of all Trades

There is a difference. 

No, I'm referring to optimal. You;re saying I should do something I can;t due to lack of access. Instead of doing all those missions, I can do one, and reap the rewards greater than someone who rushes it. That's optimal for someone who has preferences in what they do. It's an MMO. People have differing playstyles. I prefer stealth play. so stealthing through a spy mission is optimal for me to get the most out of it. Preference is taken into account for optimization.

Also, Optimal has nothing to do with "master." At all.

On 9/5/2016 at 2:35 AM, Agentawesome said:

Where do people get parts to trade? Fissures.
Why is the price much lower than other Prime Accesses? Due to a large supply in the market. 
If there is currently a large supply of rare items, what does that mean? The average drop rate for rare parts has been increased, the average grind is reduced. 
It really doesn't take too much thinking to understand how the market corresponds to the grind for specific items. 

flawed reasoning based on false assumtions. Typical.

Vauban prime: 4x rare || Nekros Prime: 2xrare, 1xuncommon, 1xcommon. I can't dig rarity grades from top of my head, bud tigris/akstiletto comparision is similar, exept that akstiletto had one more part to it. Fraggor's price dropped as fast as galatine's. 
It's obvious that supply is higher due to way softer rng'lock on parts, not thanks to grind allegedly being alleviated.
If you want to give good argument for ""average drop rate for rare part being increased", use other example. Like spira. Which now costs almost as much as on release. How does that fit your big theory?

Prime market price drops is result of general panic(due to stuff like fabled ash bp being moved to lower rarity grade) and gained too much of a momentum to revert this trend at current point. Supply/demand is good theory, but it doesn't factor in human behavior.
So wildcards like current situation where supply didn't get any bigger and prices dropped DO happen.

3 minutes ago, Nocam said:

No, I'm referring to optimal. You;re saying I should do something I can;t due to lack of access. Instead of doing all those missions, I can do one, and reap the rewards greater than someone who rushes it. That's optimal for someone who has preferences in what they do. It's an MMO. People have differing playstyles. I prefer stealth play. so stealthing through a spy mission is optimal for me to get the most out of it. Preference is taken into account for optimization.

Also, Optimal has nothing to do with "master." At all.

The optimal solution would be to unlock them. Your way is exponentially worse and the longer you do it that way the more of both you lose out on. You may prefer to play that way, and hey, have fun. I don't care, but it is not the optimal solution. 

6 minutes ago, 5HV3N said:

Like spira. Which now costs almost as much as on release. How does that fit your big theory?

OP's argument = rekt

Just now, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

The optimal solution would be to unlock them. Your way is exponentially worse and the longer you do it that way the more of both you lose out on. You may prefer to play that way, and hey, have fun. I don't care, but it is not the optimal solution.

The bolded bit is an opinion. I ran into the same thing in my WoW days. I had no interest in endgame content. No interest in the big 40 man raids. None of that.

You can take a preferred playstyle and make it optimal. My ways are optimal for ME. Not for you. But you don;t see me knocking your optimal playstyle. Because everyone has different playstyles.

I don;t care about Jordas, Mutalist Alad V, any of that. I like taking my time, having fun where I can. I'm halfway through the unlocking of Neptune. Sure, I could do it in an hour, but I have no desire to. I don;t play this game to be the very best, that's what Pokemon is for. I play this game to have fun.

so stealthing through a Spy mission IS optimal, if you enjoy stealth gameplay.

7 minutes ago, Nocam said:

The bolded bit is an opinion. I ran into the same thing in my WoW days. I had no interest in endgame content. No interest in the big 40 man raids. None of that.

You can take a preferred playstyle and make it optimal. My ways are optimal for ME. Not for you. But you don;t see me knocking your optimal playstyle. Because everyone has different playstyles.

I don;t care about Jordas, Mutalist Alad V, any of that. I like taking my time, having fun where I can. I'm halfway through the unlocking of Neptune. Sure, I could do it in an hour, but I have no desire to. I don;t play this game to be the very best, that's what Pokemon is for. I play this game to have fun.

so stealthing through a Spy mission IS optimal, if you enjoy stealth gameplay.

Sure buddy, and 2+2=4 is an opinion too. 

No, that's telling me I'm playing it wrong. Optimal varies by person when it comes to a game that allows multiple playstyles. When you sit there and tell me that I'm 'playing sub-optimally,' you;re telling me I'm doing it wrong. Because my view of optimal is different than yours. Because I LIKE Stealth. I enjoy it more than missions where I rush things, like Capture missions. Which, by the way, I stealth through those until I have to run the target down.

Optimal gameplay is not set in stone. It varies person to person. I have no interest in getting to MR 30, having all the weapons and frame, doing all the missions and killing all the things. So how *I* play is optimal for ME. YOUR style is optimal for YOU. It's like buying a car. Or a house. Or dating. Everyone has a different view of what is optimal. for me, stealthing through a spy mission to gain as much affinity and credits as I can, in a single mission, is optimal for me. Because I'm milking the mission for everything available.

That's what it boils down to. You have your view of how you play the game, I have mine. The only difference is, I'm not telling you that you;re playing it wrong.

1 hour ago, 5HV3N said:

flawed reasoning based on false assumtions. Typical.

Vauban prime: 4x rare 

You were wrong in your first few statements. Vauban Prime had 1 common and 1 uncommon and 2 rare parts during the Void Key system (20%, 15% and 5% drop chance respectively) which was why it retained a higher price for a longer time. 

Simply put, the new system rewards other extended play (getting relics, traces, etc) and then allows players to use what they earn all at once to increase their chances of getting what they want, while also encouraging teamplay (hosting radiant groups)

I think the new system can be fun. I sometimes miss the old system because it was fun to see how long you could survive, but I greatly appreciate my time to do other things on the starchart like alerts, syndicates, and conclave instead of spending 1h+ in a mission. 

4 minutes ago, Agentawesome said:

You were wrong in your first few statements. Vauban Prime had 1 common and 1 uncommon and 2 rare parts during the Void Key system (20%, 15% and 5% drop chance respectively) which was why it retained a higher price for a longer time. 

T4 Def C Vauban Prime Chassis BP 5.64%

T2 Sab - Vauban Prime Helmet BP 5.64%
T3 Sab - Vauban Prime Blueprint 5.53%
T3 Surv C Vauban Prime Systems BP 5.53

1 hour ago, 5HV3N said:
T4 Def C Vauban Prime Chassis BP 5.64%

T2 Sab - Vauban Prime Helmet BP 5.64%
T3 Sab - Vauban Prime Blueprint 5.53%
T3 Surv C Vauban Prime Systems BP 5.53

This is one of the reasons why I looked at price of parts instead of the entire frame, i.e. Nekros prime BP/Sys. Even when you standardize rarity, that is, when you compare rare parts of one frame with rare parts of another, price under the new system is still lower.

On 8/24/2016 at 7:53 PM, BPNPC said:

Many people have said the new prime grind is significantly worse than pre-SotR, and I'll admit I was one of those people. You have to grind for relics to grind for traces to grind for parts, which are several extra layers of grind. However, despite all logic and common sense, it seems the new grind isn't worse than before.

And thats about the only thing I believe was the problem, most players, myself included were under the impression of an improvement on the mission/fun factor/drop % (drop % was the only real improvement). But DE obviously did their math right by estimating the average time it had taken to obtain drops via Void 1.0 and converted it into trace runs.

So yes, it is not worst than Void 1.0, and thats the problem, for other players anyways, the rest of us have already given up and just adapted to the "oh well, it is what it is" mindset.

Now, the good thing about the Relic system:

It greatly benefits new players needing those lower tier drops since there is always players farming traces there, and they will eventually will be farming traces as well, so new players will always find groups for trace farming/early tier drops.

So thats a +1 for DE, previous system was terrible at helping new players get those lower tier drops.