Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So can we talk about how much &#! sarpa kicks?

DementedParadox

I WANT to like the Sarpa. It's a nice upgrade to the Redeemer.

My issue with it is the accuracy of the 'gun' at range. feels like I about have to ram the thing down my targets throat to hit anything with it at range, where as with the Redeemer I can practically use it as a Sniper Rifle due to it being highly accurate at pretty much any range.

It DOES melt Nully bubbles nicely though, I approve of that.

You know, after running her through her paces, I'm actually inclined to agree with some folks here. Seems to be that the Serpent exists for the the sole use of Void and Rift runners to melt their inevitable close-range foes and to handle the bane of folk's existances, the Nullifiers.

Edited by Unus

5 hours ago, Naith said:

That'd be awesome. Or something like this but more Warframe'd up.

hellion_gunblade_by_redrab8t-d38mpai.jpg

Hek Yeah!!!!!

Give me a pair of those with some decent stats (and a slightly less glitchy Bullet Dance please) and I don't see myself ever using another secondary.

Give me a single with a much longer blade as an option too though and I'm all over that as well.

13 hours ago, Divinehero said:

considering it's MR 13...

It's not so much that it does too much damage as it is that it does too much overall

That kind of base damage, with that base crit chance and multiplier, and that status chance

it's just too powerful as a whole.

On 8/28/2016 at 10:15 AM, Dogefighter said:

It's not so much that it does too much damage as it is that it does too much overall

That kind of base damage, with that base crit chance and multiplier, and that status chance

it's just too powerful as a whole.

Also, why the hell did they boost the crit chance on the Galatine Prime? isn't the Galatine suppose to be a status weapon (and those Slash procs hurt like hell)? Instead of improving the proc chance to around 30% or 35% while still keeping its below average crit chance, they made it a stronger, faster, and more slash focused version of the War. The higher MR is no excuse since you can easily get all the parts for the Galatine Prime running nothing but Neo V2 (Blade+Handle) and Axi G1 (Blueprint, though this will take longer since it is a rare) compared to the War, which has a 5.53% to drop from Shadow Stalker, who has a 3.5% chance to spawn in a game where all 4 players have death marks.

Sarpa is a nice weapon, but despite having better stats than the Redeemer, I wouldn't call it a straight upgrade but rather a variant where stats and functionality are changed. Sarpa is nice for the High Noon stance and to pop nullifier bubbles, but not as good for charged shots (except at close range) and Bullet Dance, the Redeemer however is a lot better at mid~long range charge attacks and is extremely good with Bullet Dance.

So they are kinda like opposites and the stats difference kinda of justifies itself (Sarpa needs to be at closer ranges which means higher risks, so the higher stats help it in that case, but the redeemer can be used from far, so being slightly weaker statwise balances it).

I have both potato'ed and forma'd, and so I use them depending what I feel like. Going up close or just use the charge shot for nullifier/Utility? I go with Sarpa. Going to use bullet dance and stay at a safer distance while blasting enemies away (which is great with Saryn despite that Toxic Lash is either bugged or range attacks with melee doesn't count for it, but still great in the end for her)? I go with Redeemer. Same weapon type, different enough to fit different playstyles, I'd say they are perfect examples of variety within the same weapon type.