Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My beef with Wraith weapons

Dzwsin

I dont like wraith weapons specifically because they are not tintable. Thats really it. But part of me also likes that they have that black/read theme that you can't change.

Could we maybe see only the red become tintable and everything else remain untintable? I mean, it would be pretty cool to make it green/black or purple/black.

3 minutes ago, Jalastin said:

You can change the energy color on Wraith weapons, as far as I know.

That's not the point of the topic. This suggestion has been around since they released the first Wraith weapon and other special weapons that cannot also be tinted.

17 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Every Wraith except for Machete has a tintable skin though. Just sayin...

Only true if you play conclave.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)ElZilcho said:

I'd like the option to keep the wraith pattern and just color it. They've been doing cool gradient effects on things lately and it could cover the usually-two-color wraith weapons with two gradients: one on the body, and one on the swirly pattern.

This would be my preferred solution as well.

2 hours ago, (PS4)ElZilcho said:

I'd like the option to keep the wraith pattern and just color it. They've been doing cool gradient effects on things lately and it could cover the usually-two-color wraith weapons with two gradients: one on the body, and one on the swirly pattern.

I mean hell we can change the colours of Prisma weapons so I can't see why not have Wraith weapons do the same.

I'm excluding Vandal weapons from this since I don't believe they actually have anything different design/pattern wise outside of it all looking like metallic weapons.

Seriously though I'm suprised that Prisma weapons haven't been brought up to the conversation. Especially since nowadays almost all Wraith/Vandal weapons are Sortie/Darvo rewards so I think it would be neat if they followed the same rule as their Prisma counterparts.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

And that's how we reach edgelord paradox:

None of wraith weapons is op enough to be worthy of being used by edgelord, yet you must take on edgy colours to use wraith weapons.

And don't point out that you can run with warframe painted in whatever and still use wraith weapon. It isn't how things work in how level gameplay.

2 hours ago, Hemmo67 said:

i would never paint my pretty trophies. got pay some respect for what u did to earn them

This is warframe not the olympics

The only way you earn weapons is by getting lucky and having a good word in with rng. Being lucky doesn't deserve a medal.

I'm sorry buy your entire point is moot and only exists to prevent player choice. Not everyone has your opinion, don't go forcing it on others.

6 minutes ago, Flexboxone said:

The only way you earn weapons is by getting lucky and having a good word in with rng.

..even though many Wraith and Vandal weapons were guaranteed rewards for completing an event or tactical alert. examples include the Gorgon Wraith, Wraith Twin Vipers, and Karak Wraith which was originally a reward for Tubemen of Regor.

I wouldn't mind having the option to recolor them, since I can't really "wraithisize" (that's a word now) my frames correctly to go with the weapon. (and no, Black doesn't look right because Wraith weapons are actually Dark Purple.)

4 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

..even though many Wraith and Vandal weapons were guaranteed rewards for completing an event or tactical alert. examples include the Gorgon Wraith, Wraith Twin Vipers, and Karak Wraith which was originally a reward for Tubemen of Regor.

I wouldn't mind having the option to recolor them, since I can't really "wraithisize" (that's a word now) my frames correctly to go with the weapon. (and no, Black doesn't look right because Wraith weapons are actually Dark Purple.)

ahh right sorties made me forget about those

nevertheless those events weren't too difficult. I still stand by my opinion that they should not be treated as medals. Things you get in this game are simply objects that are either really good, or you find really cool, or both, and therefor do not deserve a "priceless" status wherein you aren't allowed to change anything about them to keep their "purity"

Edited by Flexboxone

Just now, Flexboxone said:

ahh right sorties made me forget about those

nevertheless those events weren't too difficult. I still stand by that they should not be treated as medals. Things you get in this game are simply objects that are either really good, or you find really cool, or both, and therefor do not deserve a "priceless" status wherein you aren't allowed to change anything about them to keep their "purity"

I guess customization is another edge the Prisma Gorgon has over the Wraith. as well as crit chance and stuff that really matters.