Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission Idea Sandbox.

[DE]Rebecca

On 1/26/2017 at 1:15 PM, Sekiryo said:

Infiltrate

Ninjas used to be silent assassins hidden in the shadows, thing that usually Warframe players forget;

The target is to move furtively through the map, reach the "target room" where you've to assassinate a particular race "general" (he has not to be a VIP boss from assassination missions, but just a normal corpus with a buff for example), then to run away.

The mission should be split into 2 phases:

In the first phase, you've just to get into the Target Room , something like an office or a control center, and assassinate furtively the target. In this first phase, you've to be furtively. If allarms are triggered, the target istantly escape and your mission is failed. Also, enemies should be really, really strong, something like lvl100 mobs, with the only chance to oneshoot them by killing them from behind: players should be scared about face them, this is a stealth mission.
So, players should study their paths and choose the best way to pass into the next room, using their tactical and creative abilities.

Of course, there should be many magnetic-oriented traps, in order to cancel some buff like Loki's invisibility or Limbo's dimensional skills: so, many guards with magnetic fields and other things like that.
Another solution in order to avoid various exploitations of these stealth skills is to deny any warframe to use buff abilities, justifying this choice with a strong magnetic field which influence their energy and their shields, and saying that if they want to have their skills back, they've to shut down the field by using a particular console located in a particular room; This way, all electric energy would be shutted down, all rooms would be dark and enemies and Tennos would have to use their lights in order to see; 
but doing so would alert enemies, knowing that that place is no more safe and making the Target going away: in this case, Tennos should have a time limit to reach and kill the target, this time not worried about alarms 'cause there're no alarms anymore.

So, players can choose between reach the target and silently kill him, or disable the map energy in order to regain their own skills back, and rush into the target room to kill him before he leave.

Once the target is dead, there start the second phase:

Tennos have to run away from there before enemies kills them (remember that enemies here must be very strong), so simply put the extraction point from where they get in, nothing else. They could escape furtively, or just rush away, their choice.

This is my idea, following some little suggestion about the mission:
1- in order to disable the magnetic field, Tennos have to reach a console situated in a particular room, but in order to do so, operators have to leave their warframes and move inside the room alone using their stealth ability (remember that operators abilities don't use magnetic energy, following the lore it is something inner Void-based) in order to pass through a control camera wich cannot be broken, or a magnetic door that cannot be disabled, or something else. That would be really funny to use our Operators in our missions.

2- while in the dark, after shutting down the energy generator, lights would point out the wiev range of the enemies, enchanting the stealth feature.

3- during the mission, Tennos could switch more times between operators and warframes in order to pass some points, making really important a good control of the new features added in "The War Within" update. Of course, it will be facultative.

Hope you'll like my idea, you're doing a great job in theese last months;
have a nice day!

Upvoting this as the game really lacks stealth missions with Spy being the only one available where being unstealthy and running around guns free the whole time doesn't get punished in the slightest besides screwing up in the vault room. I'll add a few things to this rather than making a similar post:
   1) The missions proposed here are meant to be 4 players co-op with the ability to solo. Thus in the magnetic-field room there should be two consoles on separate rooms (way apart from each other as control hubs, even in different tilesets). The players have to split up and use both consoles at the same time in order to disable it. For solo it can be only one needed or both but not simultaneous.
   2) Rewards for this mission are split into progression rate. Example: Infiltrating successfully the area by killing less than 2-3 patrols enables tier 1, not disabling the magnetic field for tier 2 and then tier 3 that you unlock by escaping the facility undetected. Rewards that scale off of how well you approached the stealthy aspect.
   3) The way of approach is key: you can decide to slip by patrols or take out everything in the room as fast as possible to avoid triggering alarms. After 1 minute passes (time set needs testing, 1 minute is used as example) the other patrols are alerted by the delayed report of the dead patrol and are multiplied or up the rooms you have to sneak by with new traps. Killing 2 or 3 patrols in a row results in too many missing reports from them and triggers an alarm which causes the mission to fail. Taking out a patrol should be a desperate decision made in a tough moment, this is not an extermination.
   4) Any gunfire that is not silent or made silent with the use of the mods for that job or Banshee's passive instantly triggers an alarm and causes the mission to fail. Same goes for the use of abilities that alert enemies. Taking out a patrol as mentioned above should be done in a span of seconds (I guess 8-10, more depending on enemy level), otherwise it is also too much noise.
   5) In regards to people thinking this mission may take some time to be completed. Yes, that's the point, just like Assault is a longer-than-average mission this is the same but tied to stealth. If people don't like stealth they should avoid it. Also if the rewards tied to this mission are exclusive, you can always trade for them or ask for help like people do in Spy.

OK just a couple paragraphs isn't concise but here is my wack at it 

Landing craft planetary races against the corpus mainly nef anyo. Make bets win race profit maybe it could be a part of some type of corpus raid. I understand archwing races wouldn't happen and I wouldn't want it to the way archwing is now but maybe landing craft race would be something archwing kill stuff landing crafts go fast.

Syndicate special mission: Red Veil/ Earth/ Sabotage. 

Infiltrate deep into enemy territory and set fire to a Grineer transport collecting plants (quagmire vine) that are being refined into a highly toxic chemical weapon.  Once the fire is set, the ship explodes and sets fire to the tile.  The players are now rushing to get to the exit the fire spreads rapidly moving to the next tile in 3-10 seconds, also the burning quagmire vine will fill the tile a d spread as well at a rate of one tile every 10-20 seconds.  The fire will cause many hazards, including falling debris, and walls of impassible heat.  The toxic cloud will rapidly drain health, ignoring shields.  If all players are downed in the gas clouds, they can't revive.  Mission rewards are Red Veil "progress credits", a resource that allows you to buy special items from a vendor in the relays.  Unique mods, weapon skins, and items.  Examples include: Purge (every round fired from a weapon that is a prime number and not 1 will have a guaranteed heat proc) No One is Innocent (enemies killed will explode into a caustic puddle that will damage any enemies who touch it, if they die while in contact with it, they meet the same fate.  Weapon skins include, Interrogator's blade, Throat cutter, and Insurrection Rifle.  Items include: Quagmire Vine Mines and Funeral Pyre Mines.

Syndicate special mission: New Loka/ Earth/ Rescue.

The Tenno must disrupt the Grineer's attempts to capture wild Kubrows for use in Drahk experiments.  Tenno must move throughout the level freeing caged Kubrows, between 10-15 cages spawn per mission.  After all cages are opened, Tenno will have to kill a special Drahk master known as Drahk gene harvester.  After killing him, they simply extract.  Mission rewards are kubrow eggs, genetic templates, and special kubrow eggs that will hatch an alpha kubrow that is larger and has increased stats, also they will buff other kubrows in the mission.

Syndicate special mission: Arbiters of Hexus/ Earth/ Arena.

The Tenno have been challenged to fight in an underground Grineer pit fight.  They have promised to release one colonist for every round they survive in the pit.  After ten rounds, the rewards are credit bundles that continue to increase.  The tenno is only allowed to use one weapon during each round, it chooses between primary, secondary, and melee at random.  The Grineer in this mission are rogue fighters that use unauthorized weapons, augments, and techniques.  They are tough and brutal.  The tile is a death trap that continually gets worse each round, with 20 possible activated traps.  After five rounds you can select one trap to be withdrawn, but eventually they will all be activated.  The player can leave after every five rounds.  Rescuing all 10 of the colonists will give you 50,000cr.

Syndicate special mission: Cephalon Suda/ Earth/ Excavation.

Suda is looking for relics of the ancient past.  The Tenno must head to an excavation site, instead of a typical excavator though, she fires an orbital borer beam.  This beam will open a hole down to special underground tiles of the buried ancient Earth cities.  There are six possible tiles, all of which are deep within the earth, only three excavations will spawn in a mission.  Each tile is from a certain era and the buried ruins of the Orokin are displayed within.  There are traps and automated sentries, massive subterranean wildlife and environmental hazards.  To keep things fresh each time one of the tiles is explored parts of it are inaccessible.  There are unique relics that you can find within, each tenno in a group can bring one up to the surface, standing under the hole gives you a special prompt to summon your archwing and rocket out of the hole.  Some of the rewards are unique ayatans, ancient weapon skins, placeable objects for your orbiter.  You don't get them that easily though, Suda will give you the reward after you have brought her between 10-20 depending on the item.

On 1/26/2017 at 6:15 AM, Sekiryo said:

Infiltrate

Ninjas used to be silent assassins hidden in the shadows, thing that usually Warframe players forget;

The target is to move furtively through the map, reach the "target room" where you've to assassinate a particular race "general" (he has not to be a VIP boss from assassination missions, but just a normal corpus with a buff for example), then to run away.

The mission should be split into 2 phases:

In the first phase, you've just to get into the Target Room , something like an office or a control center, and assassinate furtively the target. In this first phase, you've to be furtively. If allarms are triggered, the target istantly escape and your mission is failed. Also, enemies should be really, really strong, something like lvl100 mobs, with the only chance to oneshoot them by killing them from behind: players should be scared about face them, this is a stealth mission.
So, players should study their paths and choose the best way to pass into the next room, using their tactical and creative abilities.

Of course, there should be many magnetic-oriented traps, in order to cancel some buff like Loki's invisibility or Limbo's dimensional skills: so, many guards with magnetic fields and other things like that.
Another solution in order to avoid various exploitations of these stealth skills is to deny any warframe to use buff abilities, justifying this choice with a strong magnetic field which influence their energy and their shields, and saying that if they want to have their skills back, they've to shut down the field by using a particular console located in a particular room; This way, all electric energy would be shutted down, all rooms would be dark and enemies and Tennos would have to use their lights in order to see; 
but doing so would alert enemies, knowing that that place is no more safe and making the Target going away: in this case, Tennos should have a time limit to reach and kill the target, this time not worried about alarms 'cause there're no alarms anymore.

So, players can choose between reach the target and silently kill him, or disable the map energy in order to regain their own skills back, and rush into the target room to kill him before he leave.

Once the target is dead, there start the second phase:

Tennos have to run away from there before enemies kills them (remember that enemies here must be very strong), so simply put the extraction point from where they get in, nothing else. They could escape furtively, or just rush away, their choice.

This is my idea, following some little suggestion about the mission:
1- in order to disable the magnetic field, Tennos have to reach a console situated in a particular room, but in order to do so, operators have to leave their warframes and move inside the room alone using their stealth ability (remember that operators abilities don't use magnetic energy, following the lore it is something inner Void-based) in order to pass through a control camera wich cannot be broken, or a magnetic door that cannot be disabled, or something else. That would be really funny to use our Operators in our missions.

2- while in the dark, after shutting down the energy generator, lights would point out the wiev range of the enemies, enchanting the stealth feature.

3- during the mission, Tennos could switch more times between operators and warframes in order to pass some points, making really important a good control of the new features added in "The War Within" update. Of course, it will be facultative.

Hope you'll like my idea, you're doing a great job in theese last months;
have a nice day!

Upvoting this as well. Warframe needs more stealth incentive. At the moment its just "Sprint to the end of the level while someone spams Simulor+Mirage and murderstomps everything."

OH MY GOD I was trying to think of how there could be a better way to play crossfire and I got it. 

Right now crossfire is just hey the Lotus is going to tell me to kill one or the other group but I'm just gonna kill them all because the mode is broken like that and I was thinking also about how useless the ascaris negator was after the first quest. Then it occurred what if the Warframe salvaged the ascaris or got ahold of another one and used it on common soldiers of either faction, whether the Grineer or Corpus. You would sneak up behind a target just like you would stealth kill somebody but it would bring up a small minigame like the hacking terminals you would input the sequence quickly while the ai (hopefully) stands still and BOOM got him with the ascaris and you fight as the troop given a basic kit of the weapon he was holding and an alternate so a crewman would have his laser gun and grenades or you could have a gun and the Prova, etc. It would be even more cool if you could also get a shockwave moa for some of the aoe moments. When you die or want to swap to a different "host" you'd use the ascaris negator as a gear item, it is still fairly cheap to craft as I noticed so it would fit right in. The mission goal would be eliminate the opposing faction while retrieving sensitive material or sabotage without ever giving the impression a tenno was involved, blowing your cover would result in a mission failed. 

I really hope something like this will happen because I get so bummed looking at the ascaris negator in my foundry and wondering its worth

Hey first time posting! Couldn't pass this up!

My idea is an infested extermination mission.  This can replace the normal exterminate (or hive maybe?) or be its own thing.  When doing a mission to "clear out all infested" you should draw them all out and then fight through all of them. 

For this mission you start like a survival.  Lotus has sent down a device that will draw in the infested (maybe invented after looking into pherliac pods?) After you start the machine, a counter appears that says a large number of enemies (maybe 1000?) Then the infested start pouring in like a survival, and to end the mission you have to reach the kill goal.  The machine doesn't do its thing over time and does not need to be defended...you do.  Like survival, the infested that show up will get stronger as you go and the spawn rates for this should be outrageous.  I picture just a literal sea of infested swarming in while the tenno do their best to not get dragged under the mass of infested flesh.  Then as they near the end, a boss type infested shows itself (Juggernaut or maybe even something new like an infested queen or something!)

What I do feel like is that we need more real bosses. Lephantis and cia. ain't bosses at all, I can kill the lv100 version of lephantis easly solo with any frame. What I do think is that we need more despair bosses, those bosses that makes you do calculations for damage and defense. And forces you to bring Trinity and Oberon into the team. 
I feel like we need that kind of bosses. 

The boss should be able to dispel debuffs on him on a 3s~ basis. 
The boss should be able to kill anyone, even with full buffs. Players must be careful. 
The boss should be able to force proper positioning and teamwork, and a strategy. Something like Lighting a zone on fire or putting radiation procs randomly that someone must debuff. 

I know the raid kinda tried this but they weren't as successfull seems like. 

Ok so just got done watching the latest devstream and the talk about the Ravenous Maw gave me an idea.

What if in either a new mission type or a new raid(if your planning one) that you had to control a orikin machine like the maw? Maybe even the maw itself. Like if the raid was actually to kill Vor in the void and you had to use transference to control machines of some sort to either get somewhere or complete an objective.

Now this could also have the same principle in a new mission type. If anyone else could refine this idea I believe it has potential. 

On a side note thank you for this wonderful and addictive game.

So, I've always wanted a Void assassination mission where you go to take out a Tower's Neural Sentry that's gone rogue and started the Void Fissures in an attempt to stop them (though not really having any impact on the frequency of said void fissures) ever since the update.

My thoughts on it have shifted quite a bit but I do feel the boss design I like the most for this idea is best described as a massive robotic quadraped. The fight would progress simply as follows - 

First stage - all 4 legs in tact. He does a few attack animations, a twister, a stomp, and a few slashing sweeps with his legs, only the twister making his weak-points invulnerable.
The weak points are taken out by bullet jumping through them - after each one is bullet jumped through (Or more! If you can get tenno to co-operate, they can be taken down simultaneously, as long as they're bullet-jumped through /before/ they retract, you can actually get all 4 down at once)  then a platform drops below the boss, then retracts after a few seconds as the boss recovers from the dizziness of having it's communications to the tower shut down (if all 4 aren't taken out. If all 4 are, then proceed to stage 2). 

After the platform stage 2 begins. 
The platform comes down and stays down this time, and a hack terminal pops up, initiating the countdown. The countdown begins and you have 30 seconds to damage a core that pops up. If you successfully deal enough damage, it detonates the linkages between the legs, slamming them against the walls of the arena you fight the sentry in, causing the glass to shatter, revealing explosives specifically designed to detonate a rogue sentry, set there during the Orokin era.

After the legs are blown away, and the explosives taken, then the 3rd stage begins.
The neural sentry's head begins floating around, the jets beneath it damaging any tenno below. To detonate the explosives, you need to wall-cling to the rounded top of the Sentry and slide the explosive in, then jump away and shoot buttons that detonate the explosives. After 4 explosive detonations, he would finally collapse and explode in a glorious manner. Again, all 4 explosives can be dropped in and shot at either at once or individually to allow for solo players to accomplish as well as quickly being eliminated by groups, and it has enough skill and damage balances to not feel just like a bullet sponge or an invincibility boss.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20150630202828

I hope you all enjoy this submission, as I'm currently trying my best to 3D model something I feel might fight, though I'm having a serious issue of "3D Modelers block" at the moment, having troubles getting it to look as I want.

We spend so much time talking about "defending the innocent" in warframe, and yet we are almost always doing so indirectly via killing the Grineer/Corpus/etc.  The most direct civilian defense to date was probably defending the Baliff Defector and even that was just a standard defense mission.  So...I propose some new game modes targeted specifically around helping out the non-combatants of the system.  Here are my suggestions:

Name: Jailbreak
Description: An endless variant of Rescue against either Corpus or Grineer.  You must raid a massive central prison complex (uses the Grineer Desert or Corpus Ice Planet tileset because this complex is WAY too big to be inside a mobile ship) and free as many hostages as you can.  Unlike a normal prison, this complex has a prisoner in every single cell.  Once opened, the prisoner will follow whichever Tenno opened the cell, so up to 4 prisoners can be freed at a time.  At least 5 must be freed to extract, but you can extract more and more, getting another rotation reward every 5 prisoners freed.  The twist is that, instead of bringing them to extraction, they are brought to a large "evac pod" where they will remain until you extract.  The evac pod does have some light automated turrets (which fight for the Tenno after you hack a nearby panel, obviously), but as it's part of the complex, the enemy knows it's there, and after the first 5 prisoners are in the pod, the enemy will begin sending forces to attack the pod.  You have to choose how much of your Tenno squad to send to free more prisoners, and how much to dedicate to defending the entrance to the evac pod to keep the already-freed prisoners alive until you can leave.

Name: Settlement
Description: In this syndicate-related mission type, you must help a group of civilians establish a small colony in hostile territory.  After clearing out the initial hostiles present (similar to a standard Extermination at first) you must then call in Ordis to drop in a piece of syndicate-specific equipment.  Once dropped, you must defend it for 5 minutes before you can leave.  So...this mode is part exterminate, part mobile defense, but without carrying a payload.  The location and piece of equipment is dependent on the faction you're helping, as follows:
Steel Meridian - Civilian Grineer Colony - Water Condenser - Grineer Desert
Cephalon Sudo - Research Enclave - Mainframe - Lua
Perrin Sequence - Independent Mining Vessel - Mining Equipment - Corpus Ship
New Loka - Nature Garden - Automated Planters - Earth
Uniquely, these missions also do not require any syndicate allegiance to attempt, and will not reward any reputation directly.  However, if a player is wearing a sigil that matches the syndicate the mission is for, they will receive 50% more rep from the mission.  (For example, if wearing the Freedom Fighter insignia and doing the Civilian Grineer Colony mission, it will convert 16.5% of affinity to Steel Meridian instead of the normal 11%.)

And since those don't really apply to Red Veil or Arbiters of Hexis...

Name: Purge
Description: A syndicate-themed Extermination mission with a twist.  A given mission is populated by both civilians and hostiles, but the ship is also infested.  The Tenno has a choice posed to them by the Arbiters of Hexis: Will they carefully kill only the hostiles and infested, or will they also kill the civilians, who may or may not be infected?  The Red Veil then chimes in, telling the tenno that they must purge them all, civilians included, lest they risk the infestation spreading should any of the civilians be infected.  The mission proceeds like a standard Exterminate, except there are TWO "objective" counters on the left side.  One for enemies, and one for civilians.  The Tenno must kill all enemies to extract, but may optionally kill some or all civilians.  If at least half the civilians are killed, the player receives no reputation with Arbiters of Hexis because they perceive the Tenno to be too imprecise.  If even a single civilian remains alive, none is received with Red Veil because "the one that got away" might still be a carrier of the Infestation.  So...Either kill less than half the civilians, or kill them all.  In the case that the player does receive reputation with Hexis or Red Veil, instead of direct reputation, they are given a random Medallion or Mark instead (so players can run this mission without fear of another player's actions screwing up their rep.)

Those are my ideas.  I really enjoyed seeing (and hearing!) the Myconians in The Glast Gambit and would love to see more civilian groups in future missions.  Hopefully these ideas might work for that :)

I think a cool idea would something along the lines of the space battles in Star Wars Battlefront 2. It would basically be like sabotage with archwing and regular frame play intertwined.

First you start in archwing mode and have to chase down a large ship and disable its engines. After the ship is disabled, you'll be able to land in the ship's landing bay, where it will change to regular ground mode. You then would make your way in to the ship where you have to attack the core. Once you've attacked the core, you then have to run away and escape the ship before it explodes.

Some defense parts can be thrown in to lengthen the mission. For instance, after you disable the engines, you have to place a device on the ship and defend it while it drains the ship's shields, then you can enter once the shields are drained. There could defense in the core part as well, not unlike earth sabotage.

Ships vs Ship/Station space mission

Mission consist  from 2 gameplay options that are in the Warframe. It is all based in 1 seamless scene without  loading screens. something like "Star wars Battlefront 2" space battle mode. Both teams have same objective, which team do it better they won. The gameplay  combines  defensive  and offensive style of gameplay.  

Archving

Players are flying from their ship to the enemy's ship and needs to disable ships engines, shields, defensive systems in order to be able to dock at enemy ship. And trying to protect their own ship cause enemy is doing the same thing.

Regural gameplay

When players dock at ship/station they can access to the enemy's ships inner system, something like navigation, data cores, etc, retrieve the objective and  blow ship up. Enemy's are  spawning and trying to protect the ship and acting accordingly to player actions and they are trying to do same thing to the player ship too.

Gameplay in the enemy ship should not be easy task, there should be conditions in order to complete some minor objectives:

1. If enemy's defensive systems are not destroyed prior to the boarding on enemy ship, the enemy ship should have better inner defensive systems, like lasers, mines, better spawns, harder enemy's etc.

2. if shields are not destroyed, player cant destroy the enemy's core cause shields on the core are still up.

etc etc....

So this game  mode  would consist of having both defensive and  offensive mode in the same mission and giving players tactically options what tactic to use in order to destroy enemy ship/station.

And i still didn't give up on Archwing and never  will :)

Edited by Ari3Shole

(Edit: Went back to read a few posts and found others have suggested similar ideas. Good! We're on the same page.)

Endless mission:Campaign

Endless mission for higher level planets that switches between various mission types (timed/un-timed/waves). Switch up the objective to keep it interesting and diversify types of Frames that are brought to a particular mission. Example: Load into a Rescue mission, upon completing that objective it might turn into a Hijack, then proceed to a Defense for 5 waves. It could transition into a Spy, which turns into a Survival after that for 5 minutes. Tileset might not be difficult to manage for this if using something like the invasion capsules that move you from one faction ship to the other in between conflicting objectives like an Excavation to a Survival.

The point being that you could encourage diversity in an endless mission (still based on particular factions) that doesn't result in the teams always being 4 Lokis (Spy), or 4 Frosts (Defense) or 4 Valkyrs (survival). And you can have each mission objective randomly generated from a set list based on what the previous objective was. With something like this Rotation C rewards may not be as agonizing to farm since every run would be unique and players might have incentive to stick around a little longer.

Edited by (PS4)Riko_113

Just another what if post that will probably never be implemented and just made to discuss for the fun of it.

So what if, we get a new game mode with no other purpose but just for the thrill of it.

The Theme(concept?) would be a team of four Grineer Marines new creations of Tyl Regor and as a part of testing the squad is tasked to do a clean up job on an Infested Grineer base(or recover research data or something) it will be like a short campaign that may have I dunno maybe an hour/half hour of playthrough? series of missions changing depends on choices and what happens. as for the characters you get to choose from a special Variant of: Elite Lancer, Trooper , Heavy Gunner , Eviscerator , Shield Lancer and Seeker (did not put the OP ones) The starting weapons they can use will be restricted depending on the class you picked for Example; Heavy Gunner can pick the Gorgon or Kohm but for weapons like the Ogris you may stumble on them on the battle field and can be used by anyone. and they will have their ups and downs like the Heavy Gunner being a bit slower. as for health recovery.....hmmm med packs? loots?

It would also be fun if theres some kind of invulnerable infested chasing your squad in tight corridors then you fight it as a boss at some point.

and maybe what if that your squad wasnt the only one there and the corpus are also smuggling the remains of the base around the middle of playthrough then at the end of the campaign's final boss maybe.....

You Fight Nidus in 2 phases 

Normal and Evolved form!

#TotallynotARippOffofsomeZombieApocalypseGames

On 2/17/2017 at 9:22 PM, Chitanda.Eru said:

Just another what if post that will probably never be implemented and just made to discuss for the fun of it.

So what if, we get a new game mode with no other purpose but just for the thrill of it.

The Theme(concept?) would be a team of four Grineer Marines new creations of Tyl Regor and as a part of testing the squad is tasked to do a clean up job on an Infested Grineer base(or recover research data or something) it will be like a short campaign that may have I dunno maybe an hour/half hour of playthrough? series of missions changing depends on choices and what happens. as for the characters you get to choose from a special Variant of: Elite Lancer, Trooper , Heavy Gunner , Eviscerator , Shield Lancer and Seeker (did not put the OP ones) The starting weapons they can use will be restricted depending on the class you picked for Example; Heavy Gunner can pick the Gorgon or Kohm but for weapons like the Ogris you may stumble on them on the battle field and can be used by anyone. and they will have their ups and downs like the Heavy Gunner being a bit slower. as for health recovery.....hmmm med packs? loots?

It would also be fun if theres some kind of invulnerable infested chasing your squad in tight corridors then you fight it as a boss at some point.

and maybe what if that your squad wasnt the only one there and the corpus are also smuggling the remains of the base around the middle of playthrough then at the end of the campaign's final boss maybe.....

You Fight Nidus in 2 phases 

Normal and Evolved form!

#TotallynotARippOffofsomeZombieApocalypseGames

A guy quoted this thread on my post.

Assumed he wants me to post my wall of text here.

Edited by Chitanda.Eru
Might misunderstood.

I find it a bit odd that we go on collecting Kuva from around the system, but what about all the Kuva that does get collected and shipped back to the Kuva Fortress?

Kuva Fortress - Kuva Heist - Limited Time Mission - Archwing+Ground - High Lvl enemies (around lvl.100 or preferably higher) - Reward 10.000 Kuva - Daily Kuva Mission

Mission Objective is to inflitrate, capture (secondary objective sabotage) and defense.

Players would first have to infiltrate the dockyards with Archwing by navigating scanning lasers and asteroids (similar to War Within infiltration).
Upon reaching dockyards and landing their archwing, players recieve a new limited time objective to capture (similar to how a single Interception node is captured) the Kuva Container guarded by the elite Kuva forces and a secondary non-mandatory objective to sabotage Kuva defenses (automated turrets, etc) to make the third objective easier.
On successful capture of the objective the mission turns into a defense type mission where the players must guard the Kuva Container for a set number of waves (5-10) against oncoming Kuva forces.
After successfuly defending the objective for the required amount of time an archwing extraction point is given.

I see this as a mini-raid without the hassle of it being a raid I so much avoid due to gimicky mechanics and puzzles (UGH!). It being a limited time mission would prevent excessive farming of high lvl enemies for focus and give a sense of urgency to an important mission such as stealing Kuva right from under the Worm's nose. Hehehe, "nose".
It would also allow people easier access to very high level enemies to give their crazy rivens and weapons a go in a proper enviroment, as well as to test their frames and ability to infiltrate, capture and defend. It would incorporate minor archwing gameplay, stealth, "sabotage" in the form of weakening automated defenses (like finding caches, only map marked and limited by time because you have limited time to capture the objective), objective capture and defense. It would test the players abilities and arsenal, provide new high level content and the Sortie-like nature (without it being multiple mission).
Mission would be available once a day, reward high amounts of Kuva (cuzz you know, once a day).

In case it can't be all packed into one mission due to technical limitations, simply make it a Three Mission process like with Sortie. Don't add this into sorties, make it another icon next to sortie or similar. Maybe create a Kuva Missions Icon like we have with fissures, syndicates etc. where all current Kuva missions are listed and simply add this one on that list too.

On 8/25/2016 at 4:43 PM, NovusNova said:

Corpus Trial.

Tower Defence in void and moon tileset (operate similar to how lua defence works, every 5 waves the pod falls to the next floor)

Archwing/ground combination missions.

Agreed. We need a new raid. This is my idea for one.
This is an 8 man raid with option of 4 players minimum. Story behind raid can vary and really is not as important as the gameplay itself. I'm open to suggestions. I developed this raid over a long period of time, talking with clan members and friends while taking influence from other games and their raids. So here's the last raid we'll ever need, the Corpus Trial "Savior of The Void" 

Premise:

Spoiler

Lotus: Our scouts have picked up an unusual amount of credits being transferred through corpus funds to a number of remote locations. It is very possible that at these sites, the corpus have been hiding something for a very long time. We finally have a blip on it. Scans show massive robot signatures in three separate sites. Investigate and sabotage this Corpus scheme before it becomes a danger for our colonies.

Tile 1: Ground Map

• Premise:
    Lotus: I have picked up two of the large robotic signatures to this location. There is also an extreme amount of magnetic shielding throughout the building indicating it's heavily guarded. Stealth may be your only option for success, therefore I may only be able to guide you for a short amount of time. Are you ready tenno?
Spoiler

Beginning:

Map: Corpus Outpost Cave leads into a Hallway with invulnerable cameras scanning from right side, panning the area. An open electrical cord is on the left side of the mission entrance. Hallways is divided into for sections each with a large door separating each sector that must be hacked to open and pass through.

Objective: Get Through hallways by avoiding detection, killing guards, and hacking doorway.

Lotus: "Those cameras are part of a new line of security I thought still in development phase. You'll have to find a way to overload them with a power surge. The guard is the only opening to the security console."

• Step 1: Break open electrical cord and charge yourself with power, counting a 10 second timer of charge. If user is holding charge after 10 seconds, charge zaps warframe depleting 300 shields/sec. Once shields are completely depleted, charge will deal deal 750k electrical damage to user and completely deplete energy.
  • Step 2: Get passed camera and zap guard sitting at desk, slamming his head into the controls. This will transfer the charge into guard and overload camera. Guard is required to disable camera and is only vulnerable to electrical damage. Slamming guard will destroy camera and kill guard.
  • Step 3: Hack console by door to open to the next room. Repeat Step 2.
    Getting caught by camera will alert guard, guard will nullify the room from powers and self detonate,dealing 50k damage all warframes in room. Guard is invulnerable to damage.

Traveling to Jackal:

Map: Corpus Outpost with random corpus  throughout outpost

Objective: Get to Outpost Lab, fighting through random small number of corpus.

Lotus: "The closest of these large robotics is up ahead. Get to it and find out what it is."

• Step 1: Run through corpus outpost, killing random corpus along the way.
  • Step 2: Once at lab door, have all players take a console to hack nigh-simultaneously

The Jackal:

Map: Modified Jackal Arena with Strung Up Low-Hanging Jackal

Objective: Defeat strung up jackal using arcata and batteries.

Lotus: "That is a new Jackal prototype. It seems to be offline for the moment. Hack it's main computer and start a self-destruct sequence."

• Step 1: Have 1 player jump on jackal's back hacking console on back to begin self destruct sequence. Jackal will interrupt sequence and activate. Jackal cannot move, being strung up, but he can rotate and will fire on anyone in Line of Sight.
  • Step 2: Take down bursa that spawn in balconies, one at a time, and pull out batteries by hacking bursa's back. Entering balcony will spawn impassible laser barriers. 10 Batteries per Bursa.
  • Step 3: Pass batteries to players and throw batteries at jackal's 4 legs. Throwing and passing in done in the same fashion as Lunaro, Throwing at jackal detonates battery, exposing legs to damage.
  • Step 4:Once legs are exposed, shoot at legs to take down health. Legs are open to damage for 5 seconds,  unless all four are detonated nigh-simultaneously (within 1 sec), in which case 15 seconds of damage is allowed. Each leg has 10,000,000 robotic health.
  • Step 5: After each leg re-shields itself, it will begin a self-repair process. If self repair is successful, repeat from Step 3. Otherwise, continue throwing batteries at jackal to keep self repair below 100%. Repair works at 10% per second and each battery downs the repair by 20%.
  • Step 6: While repairs are being delayed, 4 consoles on each corner pillar will randomly activate 1 by 1. Each console must be hacked in the order that it lights up and console lights up after previous was successfully hacked.
  • Step 7: Successfully hacking all four consoles before repairs are complete will cancel the self repair, allowing for another 15 seconds of damage to legs, After 15 second damage phase, repeat Step 5 until legs reach 5% Health.
  • Step 8: After each leg reaches 5% health, Jackal will free himself of the cables suspending him. He will initiate his self-detonation sequence by overheating himself. This opens up any part of his body to damage. Self Destruct has a 30 second charge time, at which the team has to kill him before he self detonates. If jackal self detonates, he first releases a magnetic pulse with guaranteed magnetic proc, followed by a 100k blast explosion, wiping both Jackal and team.

Parkour Challenge to Next Battle:

Map: Corpus Ventilation System and Engine/Generator Room with endless pits and various parkour challenges.

Objective: Get through challenging path to next battle.

Lotus: "Great work. This Jackal will not be put into production thanks to you. The next robotic signature is up ahead. Take the ventilation system to avoid tripping the alarms."

• Step 1: Navigate the complex path with various parkour challenges.

The Razorback Rematch:

Map: Large and Tall cave with single massive stalactite hanging from ceiling. Stalactite has object health. Door to small saferoom with a blocked off door behind it.

Objective: Destroy Razorback by crushing under stalactite and damaging under fire.

Lotus: "A Razorback? Nef Anyo must be the perpetrator behind this whole operation. If he can develop a Razorback this quickly, why hasn't he made more? Tenno, crush this Razorback under the mountain it was built. We have to find out what is really going on here." 

• Step 1: Avoid Razorback attacks and locate saferoom. Two players simultaneously activate panel on each side to open safe room door.
  • Step 2: Door openers on each side step on pads inside to hold door open.
  • Step 3: Shoot at first layer of giant stalactite on the ceiling 50m above. Stalactite has 250k object health.
  • Step 4: Run into safe room for cover. First layer of stalactite will fall on top of Razorback, trapping him under it.
  • Step 5: After Razorback is crushed, exit safe room  and begin damaging the Razorback for 25% of his health.
  • Step 6: Damaging Razorback destroys rubble, allowing Razorback to get back up. Repeat Step 1-5 until dead.
  • Step 7: Once dead, grab key off of dead Razorback to unlock door behind safe room and exit.

The Exit Off Outpost and Onto Capital Ship:

Map: Large Corpus Hangar with Landed Capsule Ships.

Objective: Hijack Capsule Ship and use it to get to orbiting capital ship above.

Lotus: "With the Razorback down, Nef Anyo's operation will be put in hold for a while, but it seems that the largest amount of funding is actually in the final area, Europa. We cannot afford to have Nef Anyo know that we're on to his scheme, or else he'll find out and pull out his operations before we get there. We will have to enter Europa as a Corpus, not a tenno. Use the Capsule Ships docked here to enter and hijack a Capital Ship. We'll have to use the Capital Ship to take us to Europa."

Ordis: "No worries operator, Ordis will send your ship to Europa once you've arrived."

• Step 1: Kill all corpus in hangar.
  • Step 2: Hack terminals of all 8 ships to find the Capsule Ship usable.
  • Step 3: Have all players board said ship and prepare ship for take off. All players must be inside ship to activate.
  • Step 4: Defend Ship from oncoming waves of Corpus for 2 minutes.
  • Step 5: After two minutes, kill all corpus, board ship and leave.

Tile 2: Archwing Map

• Premise:
    Lotus: "Here's the capital ship. Try to avoid it's radar field and get in."
Spoiler

Hijacking Capital Ship:

Map: Free Space With Capital Ship Turning in Corpus Ship 

Objective: Board Capital Ship by exiting capsule ship and entering through exhaust. Take over Capital Ship and set course for Europa.

Lotus: "We're in, you'll need get into the navigation room to set the course of the coordinates I've given you."

• Step 1: Fly Archwings behind capsule ship, set to fly into the capital ship docking bay, to avoid Capital Ship's radar. Being seen will increase suspicion by 13% per second for every second visible. If suspicion reaches 100%, Capital Ship will notice it is tenno and charge up an Annihilator Cannon that one shots anything and destroys capsule ship. Cannon takes 20 seconds to charge, Trip is 1000m long and capsule ship moves at 50m per second.
  • Step 2: Once past 1000m radar barrier, fly into loading dock and board ship on foot. Kill all corpus on sight and make your way to the engine room.
  • Step 3: Enter the Engine Room and hack 4 consoles to open fuel cell core. Take a battery from the core. Only one needed.
  • Step 4: Take battery to navigation room and set it into the door, killing corpus along the way. Battery carrier cannot attack and damage to battery will ruin it's structural integrity, 5% per hit.
  • Step 5: Shoot battery to blast open the door and enter, dispatching all crewmen inside navigation room.
  • Step 6: Solve 3 giant puzzles by having players stand on plates on massive navigation board. One player hacks the center console and a pattern will show up on his monitor. Players must then stand on the matching plate to create the pattern on the navigation board. This will open their wall puzzle, which they must decipher. Shooting at a section will rotate it until the puzzle has been connected, remnant of smaller cipher hacks. 
  • Step 7: While puzzles are being deciphered, other players must keep out corpus attempting to enter the navigation room, sabotaging the hijack. If a corpus enemy is able to turn off the center console, the process will have to be repeated from Step 6.
  • Step 8: Once puzzles are solved, the doors will shut, locking out the Corpus and a course will be set for Europa.

Tile 3/Finale: Combined Ground and Archwing Map

Spoiler

Enter Kronos, Savor of the Void:

Map: Outdoor Europa Ice Planet

Objective: Take down 150m tall biped made of salvaged ship parts, called Kronos.

Lotus: What is this....monstrosity? What do the Corpus plan to do with such a creation."

Nef Anyo: "That Lotus was a secret, until you destroyed the security I was making to protect him, but you've uncovered my plans. Meet Kronos, Savior of The Void. To recuperate our loses at this...wreckage, I designed a means to transform a large part of the ship into a single being. Kronos, destroy these non-believers.

Kronos: Yes master. The tenno shall perish here.

Lotus: Tenno, this being is too large for you to take down on foot. You must take to the air. Ordis, activate Archwing and send it in.

Ordis: Yes Lotus. Tenno, you'll have to be at a higher elevation for the archwing to reach you without danger. Can you get high enough?

• Step 1: Get to battle arena, killing random corpus along the way.
  • Step 2: Open door and enter arena. Large part of the ship will transform into Kronos.
  • Step 3: Activate Broken turbine on back of map to create a makeshift lift/elevator. Activate by shooting jammed turbine blade.
  • Step 4: Send some players up turbine to assume archwings. Archwing flight threshold is 75m and you can only use archwing by flying up turbine. Ground has no ceiling though and can reach into archwing height.
  • Step 5: Air team will take out archwing enemies attempting to take out ground team while ground team takes out hordes of unique ospreys spawned by Kronos to give him impenetrable shields. Once all opreys are destroyed,Kronos' weakpoints will become vulnerable. Both ground and air team must avoid Kronos' massive arms and shoulder rockets.
  • Step 6: Once Kronos is vulnerable, his weakpoint at the eye will become vulnerable. Air or Ground team must shoot his eyes out until they break. Each eye has 50k robotic health.
  • Step 7: Once each eye is shot out, Kronos will attack wildly and inaccuarately, exposing his core. Shoot at core while Kronos replaces his eyes. Core has 1,000,000 robotics damage gate before coming invulnerable again.
  • Step 8: Once core closes up and eyes are repaired, Repeat Step 5-7 for 3 more damage gates.
  • Step 9: Once Kronos has taken enough damage (4 damage gates), he'll attempt to flee by activating large boot rockets. Air Team must capture a single tower in order to send a location beacon into space for a nearby Balor Fomorian to pick up. Archwing enemies will try to intervene.
  • Step 10: While air team is capturing tower, ground team must prevent Kronos from escaping by continuously damaging his boot rockets. Each shot prevents .5 percent of Kronos' ascension. Kronos moves at 10% per second.
  • Step 11: Once tower is captured, let Kronos go and watch as the nearby Fomorian shoots him out of the sky.

The Raid is Complete!!

Rewards:

• First Part:
    50,000 Credits
    Primary Riven Mod
  • Second Part:
    75,000 Credits
    Secondary Riven Mod
  • Finale:
    100,000 Credits
    Rare Arcane Enhancement
    Kronos Sekhara Badge (Resembles Enlarged Illuminated Jordas Badge Without Infested)

I thought about this raid for a long time and I've pictured how it would work. Rewards for this raid should be substantial due to all the work involved in it. I put a lot of thought into this raid idea, so please let me know what you guys think about it. Also, if you have any lore ideas, please share them and I'll include them into the raid. Full credit to you of course. Thank you for reading.

Edited by (PS4)Crixus044

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I suggest you to make this game very more difficult. While you are a veteran, you are overpowered with primed mods, riven ... And the enemy lvl 120 was really .... ridiculous. 

For exemple you can add a new hardcore sorties with lvl 250, 500 and 750 enemy with agressive rule (like no aura, no energy, - 50% shield, armor, healh, 0 auto revive and every  consommable must be unusable off course).

The table loot must be motivating with unique item : Like unique color palettes (chrome, metal, pearl, prisma effect ...), unique syandana, weapon and unchangeable mods. Legendary core with a drop rate up to 5%.

That whill be nice if you also add Archwing sortie (with a low archgun riven drop rate) and an hardcore archwing sortie !

The hardcore archwing sortie get the best loot table than other sortie because they must be realy long and hard !  

You can add  archgun riven with better drop rate, legendary core drop rate up to 10%, unique item, color palette, weapon, skin, mods, only lootable here who wasn't buyable or exchangeable.

Thank for for reading.

Edited by (PS4)Skyline__19

We should have a story mission that conflicts with lotus' interests, we've seen a lot from her and a mission where we could meet her, and potentially separate ourselves from her would be awesome. like a mission that gave us a choice to either stay with lotus, the overbearing mother that wants to control all the tenno and keep us "safe", or we leave lotus and learn to grow on our own with Teshen and Darvo to back us up.

On 13/2/2017 at 11:26 AM, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

(Edit: Went back to read a few posts and found others have suggested similar ideas. Good! We're on the same page.)

Endless mission:Campaign [Snipped]

I actually came to post something similar, but I'd prefer that the Endless mission starts as Spy always and depending on what data you extract the mission changes.

For instance, let's consider some outcomes from it:

• Need more data: another Spy room
  • Hostage found: Rescue (the tenno operative can give new info for another "mission")
  • Unspeakable crimes: Extermination (when the last enemy dies we could get to another "Nearby" Spy room
  • Counter-hack Activated: Survival where after 5 minutes we must hack a terminal to either end it and get a new mission or countinue it
  • Enemy agent found during hack, hurry! (in case of alarm triggered): time attack Capture
  • Enemy agent found during hack, you've got the element of surprise Tenno!(in case of no alarms): Regular Capture
  • Relic/Artifact/Operative evac needed: Defense (after 5 rounds you get the Relic/Artifact/Operative out and hack a terminal for new "mission"
  • Dangerous device in development: Sabotage, simple as that.
  • Corpus Truck/Grineer Core extraction needed: Hijack, and as before aafter delivering it we could hacka  terminal to get a new "mission"
  • Essential meeting taking place: Interception (After 1 round you get the next "mission")
  • VIP deployment nearby: This would give us a chance to fight a Field Boss, and get something from them to hack a new terminal for more missions
  • Diplomatic visit nearby: Assassinate, now I don't exactly know how to make this happen since all assassinations occur on a especific tileset, but yeah, there could/should be an option for assassiante during an endless mission.

I'll keep adding stuff tho. I'll be awaiting comments.

I think I covered it all. 

Edited by zzzNitro

What about void spy missions with Orokin hack puzzles?  Currently we only have Grineer and Corpus spy puzzles.  I'd love to see a new form of spy puzzle.  Like a light bending puzzle (Get beam from point A to point B using stationary, rotating mirrors) or a perfection style puzzle (Drag and drop shapes in the correct orientation into slots).

I really think the Orokin should have their own spy vaults... They were masters of the system!  Surely they have data they needed to protect! :)

Hopefully I am not misusing this thread.  But what do you think?

I think something like a heroic mode for all the missions would be fun.

Maybe if you done all the missions on a planet you unlock heroic mode, in which you can do the same mission with stronger enemies and play it up (by completing heric 1 you unlock heroic 2 and so on).

there could be conditions at some breakpoints for exemple energy reduction at heroic 10 and higher.

with leaderboards 1 for all players and 1 where you can see youre friends and of course split for 4 man and solo.

of course there need to be some rules for some mission types cause you can survive a 5 min survival mission without killing any enemie for exemple, maybe that you have to go 20 minutes atleast.

for rewards you could get a relic or something for every 5 stages you´ve beaten (1 after heroic 5 on a mission 1 at 10 and so on).

overall i think it would be fun to see how far you can go or how far you can go with some friends and i think some players would realy like to test themeselve, but dont want to play like a 2-3 hour survival mission or dont have the time to go for such long runs.

sorry for my bad english and i hope thats the right place for this post:)