Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission Idea Sandbox.

[DE]Rebecca

With your open world maps you seem to be following a pattern with one designated for Grineer and the new upcoming Venus/Corpus map. If you are following that pattern then a new infested based map fitted with hives and bounties would be a very fun area to explore. Bounties could include hacking old corroded ships and taking out waves of enemies near a hive to bring out a jugernaut. A town based in the center of the map similiar to Cetus could allow for community events where players have to push back infested forces away from the town. This would be similiar to the ghoul event on the Plains of Eidelon. Although this isn't completly focused on missions I believe many people would like to see some love sent towards the Infested.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-09-12 at 12:21 AM, (PS4)TJ_LoGo_ said:

With your open world maps you seem to be following a pattern with one designated for Grineer and the new upcoming Venus/Corpus map. If you are following that pattern then a new infested based map fitted with hives and bounties would be a very fun area to explore. Bounties could include hacking old corroded ships and taking out waves of enemies near a hive to bring out a jugernaut. A town based in the center of the map similiar to Cetus could allow for community events where players have to push back infested forces away from the town. This would be similiar to the ghoul event on the Plains of Eidelon. Although this isn't completly focused on missions I believe many people would like to see some love sent towards the Infested.

I know I would... 
(For how log have I asked for ability to support them during Outbreaks...? T~T)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,
So, let me start with this:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/692301-mission-idea-sandbox/?page=15&tab=comments#comment-8259178

Now, I can't say that THIS was the original idea of what became Sanctuary Onslaught, but you have to admit that it his pretty close for something that was introduced only about 1 year later in the game. Please don't get me wrong, I was (and I am) happy that DE (maybe?) took notice and it made it happen. And yes, I might have reached out to you for credit and compensation, but allow me to explain:
I have a very humble living, and I always wanted to make something... relevant.
Also, even if you did credit it (you could have said "we have been listening to the Community" or "the inception of this came from the forums" - something along those lines), the only language that the world cares is money. Ence, I just wanted some recognision and to know that I contributed in some important way to something I love and, in doing so, touched the lives of thousands of players all over the world.
So... Yeah, that happened. I'm not proud, but I just had to try.

I am sorry.

Now, I have another idea to pitch to you. The concept is simple:

You start the mission at a random map.
You then have to find 3 hidden caches with Keys.
Take all keys to a Portal console (the Portal room is already pointed on map).
Defend the console for a limited time while it powers up.
Leave thru the Portal.
Next random map you rence and repeat everything .

So, this is the basic idea. It follow the Onslaugh dinamic of Portal jumping, but it depends more on (fast) exploration and CC than kills (Nyx or Vauban "mains" might enjoy this).

This could maybe be included has a new mode in Sancturay Onslaught - "Sanctuary Dungeon" or "Sanctuary Abyss" might be good titles. (Or even, included in the Sentient Fortress where the Lotus(?) migh test squad/players/warframes for their might... Ok, this is still way off, but still).

IF it were ENDLESS, here's some things you might also want to include in this mode:
.Map and faction could match, or not.
.Depending on faction you might have more or less keys to find (e.g. Void rooms have 2 consoles -2 keys- but, Kuva fortress has 1 console with 3 slots -3keys).
.Once console is powering up, at least ONE player must remain near console(s) at all times. This would depend on how whatever "countdown" would determinate mission progress. (E.g. If you use something like "poison" you would them remain inside a circle near the console to heal. Or there could be a 'power switch' that only works with someone staying on top of it).

If NOT endless, even more things could be added :
.You start with NO weapons and NO companions! Just a melee weapon. Next level you get secondary weapon. Next level you get primary weapon. 4th level you get companion AND a boss! This COULD be done by just one player, mind you.
.Weapon selection could be random from your Arsenal. This would be a very welcomed or very hated thing for any player, but it would be quite a diferent challenge.
.Portal room required a Dragon Key to enter. However, this would mean all 4 members had to have a key equipped to reach the last level, but it would also be a top challenge for Clans and squad/friends (also, it removes the possibility of this being possible to complete this by just one player).
This would be more like a... Trial(!?).

In conclusion: It follows some known mechanics, it includes some new challenges, and it doesn't require anything specially hard or "new" to develop (besides some balance issues, I think).

I just hope I haven't become "persona non grata" because of what I stated earlier. I still want to share my ideas, and I really want all the best for the game and you guys.

Edited by (PS4)leonidasx666
Because Arbitrations exist now, the idea needed a tweek.

• 1 month later...

How about a "Heist" mission. Similar to spy where there's 3 vaults, but instead of hacking when you get to the room there are 2 guards. You have 2 ways to continue.

1 stealth. You kill the guards without them hitting an alarm, hack a console, then it gives you the location of the commander who you have to find and kill to get the key to the vault, at which point you go in and steal the item.

2-brute force. Basically becomes a mobile defence with actual rewards, defend console until hack is finished. The big difference though is increased eximus spawns and the next objective takes longer. Example first vault takes 45 seconds, second takes 1.5 minutes and third 2.5 minutes

Inside the vault- first is your objective, a chest with the reward. There will also be several containers in there for you to loot, including an increase drop for stars, and sculptures(limited 1 per mission still and not 100% guarantee) and large increase for rare resource "containers"

Edited by (PS4)lockonstratos38