Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[DE]Rebecca

Mission Idea Sandbox.

6 hours ago, Galadh said:

This idea was living deep inside me after I got to watching the "Warframe-styled" M/V. Especially the scene where there is a Corpus shipwreck burning up in space with a camera fly by in it. Also, it was inspired to some extent by AhziDahaka's  last post.

Okay, enough rambling:

1. The idea is to get to Corpus / Grineer huge battle ship... landing secretly by the use of arch-wing. I mean, really, really huge ship, with a firepower alike with the Fomorian class. Why perform a secret landing? Well, because of the sheer firepower of the anti-missile (aircraft) defence. When they see you, you are sure to go down in flames - end of the mission.

2. When you get into a hangar, through the gates (yeah, somewhat Star Wars' X-Wing combat-landing ☺️), you switch to on-foot mode. Basically, next part is spy / sabotage mission (preferably sabotage, because of what's next...).

3. The idea of the on-foot part is to do as extensive damage to the ship infrastructure and systems.

• Remember: it's a BATTLESHIP, heavily armored, with a many backup systems to fallback on, hence bringing it down would require some huge amount of work on the Tenno side.
  • I would propose increasing the number of systems needed to be sabotaged from just 3 to something like 7 - to require each Tenno's work.
  • Just don't make the level map that is generated to be too large. It's not about doing a marathon ☺️

4. Extraction:

• forget the "blast door console" - the said ship got badly damaged, it's basically ruined and burning in space - it's not going to be miraculously repaired anyway...
  • ...hence the trick part: the crew does know that they will not make it out. That's why they have nothing to lose anymore - they come from everywhere and in large numbers, like in second D rotation of survival mission and just want to bring you down. They want only to make you stay buried with them on the ship that's going down / exploding.
  • Tenno have to make it out, so it's a hack and slash through waves of enemies - to must make it back to the hangar to your landing craft / arch-wing with a death mark on your back and a timer on. When the time runs up, the huge hangar door closes permanently, jamming on itself... and you stay in your coffin.

POSSIBLE Nightmare mode scenario: as above, but instead of breaching a ship, mission conducted in a base (would be GREAT to see arch-winged Tenno landing inside of a actual ground base instead of a ship. Ending with extraction by the landing craft.

• weak point: demands additional animation between mission modes (during arch-wing combat landing). The take off could agreeably use the Hijack mission ending animation.

REWARDS:

• Well, I wouldn't propose this mission to get you resources - somewhat picking up stuff and packing it into your backpack doesn't go along with "get in stealthily, be as mobile and fast as possible and get to extraction in time" 😄
  • I would suggest rewards being special mods and others (RNG roll / lottery, just like from Sortie missions, but lower level / more scarce).
  • Others... maybe something like "Cashe drops" - just without the need to find a cashe? Reward given by the opposing faction (say you're raiding Corpus ship - you get reward from Grineer and vice versa)

I would go for such an idea, perhaps use the advances in mission structure from the Plains to allow for a free roam of the sphere around and inside the Grineer/Corpus ship?

On 2018-06-04 at 8:04 PM, Urlan said:

I would go for such an idea, perhaps use the advances in mission structure from the Plains to allow for a free roam of the sphere around and inside the Grineer/Corpus ship?

I really like your thinking :)

On 2018-06-04 at 6:55 AM, Galadh said:

This idea was living deep inside me after I got to watching the "Warframe-styled" M/V. Especially the scene where there is a Corpus shipwreck burning up in space with a camera fly by in it. Also, it was inspired to some extent by AhziDahaka's  last post.

Okay, enough rambling:

1. The idea is to get to Corpus / Grineer huge battle ship... landing secretly by the use of arch-wing. I mean, really, really huge ship, with a firepower alike with the Fomorian class. Why perform a secret landing? Well, because of the sheer firepower of the anti-missile (aircraft) defence. When they see you, you are sure to go down in flames - end of the mission.

2. When you get into a hangar, through the gates (yeah, somewhat Star Wars' X-Wing combat-landing ☺️), you switch to on-foot mode. Basically, next part is spy / sabotage mission (preferably sabotage, because of what's next...).

3. The idea of the on-foot part is to do as extensive damage to the ship infrastructure and systems.

• Remember: it's a BATTLESHIP, heavily armored, with a many backup systems to fallback on, hence bringing it down would require some huge amount of work on the Tenno side.
  • I would propose increasing the number of systems needed to be sabotaged from just 3 to something like 7 - to require each Tenno's work.
  • Just don't make the level map that is generated to be too large. It's not about doing a marathon ☺️

4. Extraction:

• forget the "blast door console" - the said ship got badly damaged, it's basically ruined and burning in space - it's not going to be miraculously repaired anyway...
  • ...hence the trick part: the crew does know that they will not make it out. That's why they have nothing to lose anymore - they come from everywhere and in large numbers, like in second D rotation of survival mission and just want to bring you down. They want only to make you stay buried with them on the ship that's going down / exploding.
  • Tenno have to make it out, so it's a hack and slash through waves of enemies - to must make it back to the hangar to your landing craft / arch-wing with a death mark on your back and a timer on. When the time runs up, the huge hangar door closes permanently, jamming on itself... and you stay in your coffin.

POSSIBLE Nightmare mode scenario: as above, but instead of breaching a ship, mission conducted in a base (would be GREAT to see arch-winged Tenno landing inside of a actual ground base instead of a ship. Ending with extraction by the landing craft.

• weak point: demands additional animation between mission modes (during arch-wing combat landing). The take off could agreeably use the Hijack mission ending animation.

REWARDS:

• Well, I wouldn't propose this mission to get you resources - somewhat picking up stuff and packing it into your backpack doesn't go along with "get in stealthily, be as mobile and fast as possible and get to extraction in time" 😄
  • I would suggest rewards being special mods and others (RNG roll / lottery, just like from Sortie missions, but lower level / more scarce).
  • Others... maybe something like "Cashe drops" - just without the need to find a cashe? Reward given by the opposing faction (say you're raiding Corpus ship - you get reward from Grineer and vice versa)

Great idea but wait if you did a mobile defense in the ship. 

On 2018-06-16 at 12:47 AM, EPIKtank said:

Great idea but wait if you did a mobile defense in the ship. 

This... would work too - I even like it, as a SUB-TYPE of this mission type :) Survive long enough for some infiltration work / information gathering and then extract :)

I somewhat like it. Not totally, however.

Well, my point was about precision strike against an enemy, not elongated artillery fire exchange...

My idea was originally all about going away from the information gathering / survival mission type, as it is done in... well, survival type and mobile defense mission type.

My whole point was about doing so much, so extensive structural damage to a ship's / facility's equipment and buildings that it would totally fall apart at it seams - done, however, not by immense ground force or vast army with a firepower proportional to the sheer number of its soldiers, but coming from the exquisite and delightfully light-footed specialized small squad of Tenno operatives. The idea behind this is that such elite team would have it's skills focused on bringing down key elements of the heavily fortified structures and thus breaking them in their weak spots instead of wearing them down and slowly razing them in a tediously long and tiresome artillery fire exchange.

You know the idea behind the cold war? When both opposing sides possess firepower so great that they are afraid to use it because what when the enemy responds in same manner? Well, my point was about precision strike against an enemy, not elongated artillery fire exchange...

Hence, the aforementioned WF styled M/V :)

Try looking up "Warframe AMV/GMV - All as One" over YT. This scene is 0:33 into the movie - a camera fly by a shipwreck torn by explosion and burning in space...

With your open world maps you seem to be following a pattern with one designated for Grineer and the new upcoming Venus/Corpus map. If you are following that pattern then a new infested based map fitted with hives and bounties would be a very fun area to explore. Bounties could include hacking old corroded ships and taking out waves of enemies near a hive to bring out a jugernaut. A town based in the center of the map similiar to Cetus could allow for community events where players have to push back infested forces away from the town. This would be similiar to the ghoul event on the Plains of Eidelon. Although this isn't completly focused on missions I believe many people would like to see some love sent towards the Infested.

On 2018-09-12 at 12:21 AM, (PS4)TJ_LoGo_ said:

With your open world maps you seem to be following a pattern with one designated for Grineer and the new upcoming Venus/Corpus map. If you are following that pattern then a new infested based map fitted with hives and bounties would be a very fun area to explore. Bounties could include hacking old corroded ships and taking out waves of enemies near a hive to bring out a jugernaut. A town based in the center of the map similiar to Cetus could allow for community events where players have to push back infested forces away from the town. This would be similiar to the ghoul event on the Plains of Eidelon. Although this isn't completly focused on missions I believe many people would like to see some love sent towards the Infested.

I know I would... 
(For how log have I asked for ability to support them during Outbreaks...? T~T)

Hi,
So, let me start with this:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/692301-mission-idea-sandbox/?page=15&tab=comments#comment-8259178

Now, I can't say that THIS was the original idea of what became Sanctuary Onslaught, but you have to admit that it his pretty close for something that was introduced only about 1 year later in the game. Please don't get me wrong, I was (and I am) happy that DE (maybe?) took notice and it made it happen. And yes, I might have reached out to you for credit and compensation, but allow me to explain:
I have a very humble living, and I always wanted to make something... relevant.
Also, even if you did credit it (you could have said "we have been listening to the Community" or "the inception of this came from the forums" - something along those lines), the only language that the world cares is money. Ence, I just wanted some recognision and to know that I contributed in some important way to something I love and, in doing so, touched the lives of thousands of players all over the world.
So... Yeah, that happened. I'm not proud, but I just had to try.

I am sorry.

Now, I have another idea to pitch to you. The concept is simple:

You start the mission at a random map.
You then have to find 3 hidden caches with Keys.
Take all keys to a Portal console (the Portal room is already pointed on map).
Defend the console for a limited time while it powers up.
Leave thru the Portal.
Next random map you rence and repeat everything .

So, this is the basic idea. It follow the Onslaugh dinamic of Portal jumping, but it depends more on (fast) exploration and CC than kills (Nyx or Vauban "mains" might enjoy this).

This could maybe be included has a new mode in Sancturay Onslaught - "Sanctuary Dungeon" or "Sanctuary Abyss" might be good titles. (Or even, included in the Sentient Fortress where the Lotus(?) migh test squad/players/warframes for their might... Ok, this is still way off, but still).

IF it were ENDLESS, here's some things you might also want to include in this mode:
.Map and faction could match, or not.
.Depending on faction you might have more or less keys to find (e.g. Void rooms have 2 consoles -2 keys- but, Kuva fortress has 1 console with 3 slots -3keys).
.Once console is powering up, at least ONE player must remain near console(s) at all times. This would depend on how whatever "countdown" would determinate mission progress. (E.g. If you use something like "poison" you would them remain inside a circle near the console to heal. Or there could be a 'power switch' that only works with someone staying on top of it).

If NOT endless, even more things could be added :
.You start with NO weapons and NO companions! Just a melee weapon. Next level you get secondary weapon. Next level you get primary weapon. 4th level you get companion AND a boss! This COULD be done by just one player, mind you.
.Weapon selection could be random from your Arsenal. This would be a very welcomed or very hated thing for any player, but it would be quite a diferent challenge.
.Portal room required a Dragon Key to enter. However, this would mean all 4 members had to have a key equipped to reach the last level, but it would also be a top challenge for Clans and squad/friends (also, it removes the possibility of this being possible to complete this by just one player).
This would be more like a... Trial(!?).

In conclusion: It follows some known mechanics, it includes some new challenges, and it doesn't require anything specially hard or "new" to develop (besides some balance issues, I think).

I just hope I haven't become "persona non grata" because of what I stated earlier. I still want to share my ideas, and I really want all the best for the game and you guys.

How about a "Heist" mission. Similar to spy where there's 3 vaults, but instead of hacking when you get to the room there are 2 guards. You have 2 ways to continue.

1 stealth. You kill the guards without them hitting an alarm, hack a console, then it gives you the location of the commander who you have to find and kill to get the key to the vault, at which point you go in and steal the item.

2-brute force. Basically becomes a mobile defence with actual rewards, defend console until hack is finished. The big difference though is increased eximus spawns and the next objective takes longer. Example first vault takes 45 seconds, second takes 1.5 minutes and third 2.5 minutes

Inside the vault- first is your objective, a chest with the reward. There will also be several containers in there for you to loot, including an increase drop for stars, and sculptures(limited 1 per mission still and not 100% guarantee) and large increase for rare resource "containers"