Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission Idea Sandbox.

[DE]Rebecca

14 hours ago, Clem2-TheClemening said:

Multiple-Objective missions

Many missions currently involve doing the same objective multiple times. Others are completed very fast. Why not have missions that merge these?

For example, start with a spy vault, move on to a mobile defense, and then sabotage the reactor on the way out. Or survive for 10 minutes while an operative reenables the life support, then capture a VIP and rescue a prisoner. 

I second this. A single new mission type is only so valuable when we are ultimately going to repeat missions over and over anyway. By mixing mission types, you can make each node feel truly unique, allowing players to grind less repetitively.

But for a mission type, I'd be interested in a mission where you had to take out an encampment of enemies, like a condensed Exterminate. It could easily incorporate a concept like this:

14 hours ago, Neo_182 said:

Oh!
Infiltrate.
I suggested this to Steve while at Tennocon.

The beginning of the mission is restricted to sniper rifles only.
Take out as many guards as possible in a brief time period. (a minute or two?)
The second part consists of infiltrating a complex/prison to retrieve data or a hostage.

I need to emphasize that this game mode would be designed around sniper rifles.
We should be sniping from a building top and stealth into the complex before any alarms or anything else can be triggered like in classic missions.

with the change being that I wouldn't restrict it to snipers, so much as design the levels and spawn points so that there are clear sniping areas players could use to take down enemies from afar.

To allow for the mode to be more than a few seconds long, I would make the number of kills required around 1.5 x an Exterminate mission, but use dynamic spawning so it feels real--have enemies walking out of tents and ships and buildings to make this feel like a real camp. The camps should be sized like Defense maps, and enemies spawned at any one time should be near the max allowable.

For some added wrinkles, I'd love to see vehicles like active Archwing enemies hovering around the camp with searchlights. This would encourage focus fire for teams, and make stealth feel rewarding.

Siege: connected to conflicts. a mix of spy and mobile defense when defending or exterminate when attacking (type depends on picked side of the conflict) a "base " of the node. it could be a change for current defense mission on conflicts. 
As defenders we would need to strengthen (or even fix) the defenses (like turrets) and defend from enemy waves.
As attackers we would need to sabotage the defenses and help the approaching forces to take over the base.
By base it not meant a fortress - but a outpost.

Destruction: a opposite to MD - you are going from point A to B (C,D... etc.) and destroy its installations. enemies will not only block your way but will also try do secure their stuff. (hive/ deception/ capture variant; alert only mission).
e.g. on corpus base you need to sabotage cargo ships

Search and rescue/capture: from archwing to on foot on base/ship and rescue a hostage (a MIA person)/ capture a vip (or even both as the might be a few targets). last stage is to find a way to escape. mission fails when hostage (MIA person) die / vip escapes. the targets will be roaming thru the map so we will have to locate it.
She/He have a certain time to escape or or health to survive
The main point is to find the target and secure it. not just simple making your way in there.
e.g. infested corpus ship - first thing is to force your way through a swarm of infested with archwing to the ship - on board you are searching for a survivor(s).

Ambush : a variant of hijack. Through the mission you go to the enemy transport and capturing it and transporting it to the exit or destroying it on the spot (destroying it will reduce the rewards). Mission fails when transport gets to its destination.
e.g. grineer uncovered a artifact with their digging tools. you have to either destroy it or steal it before it enters a cargo ship.

Harvest: a variation of excavation: you are stealing or explore maps in search for specific type of mineral / material. similar to excavation but WITHOUT the excavators- non endless mission but you can get a couple of stacks of the resource.

Special syndicate missions: tied to the specific syndicate and their beliefs (multi tasked mission).
E.g. :
- Steal meridian: Raid + defense
- Perim sequence: Harvest + MD
- Cephalon Suda: Spy + deception
- Red Vail: Extermination + capture

Story/ Lore missions- aside from quest a one time only mission of introducing a Lore/ mission type or simply introducing a special encounter / dialog line.

Edited by Kracken

This idea just randomly came to me while under the pressure of farming ducats for Baro and the time it takes. This is more like a revived and modified mission that i'm sure a lot of people would like. It's not exactly a new mission so i hope someone at least reads it before discarding it.

Endless Relic Defense

1: Pick a relic

2: 5 Waves of Defense (lots of enemies each wave to make sure you can get 10 reactants to open the relic by the time all 5 waves end)

3: 10 seconds to pick a Reward  (and get traces)

4: 10 seconds to decide if you want to continue or leave the mission

5: 10 or 15 seconds (or up to 30-40 if it's not too much, maybe even 1 min considering the actions you can do) to pick a new relic if you continue (relics have to be from the same tier, lith meso, neo or axi) relic screen pops up and you even have the posibility to upgrade a relic to do a higher tier relic defense. This might be asking a bit too much though since the relic system is new.

6: repeat from step 2

This way people can farm prime parts without wasting a lot of irl time searching for parties or repeating the same mission again and again when you can do a longer mission. Also implementing relic picking during a mission might be hard to do, still it's an idea. It would be very useful for farming prime parts (multiple tries to get a certain part)  and ducats.

Edited by Yaimao
I forgot to bold to be easier to see

Invasion 2.0 which is basically just a non-linear map with a collection of random distribution of 5 objective types that occur in different sectors of the level (exterminate, capture, mobdef, spy, ???) and each one successfully completed adds one point to the invasion progress.  Changes Invasion from repeating the same thing repeat to doing a bunch of things in a single mission over the same overall amount of time. Plus you could split up and try to solo each one simultaneously in a full squad if you felt like it.

Perhaps if you complete 4 of the objectives the 5th one will appear, something more special like a mini-boss occurs? The possibilities are at the very least more open than the current invasion mission type.

Edited by sockpuppetclock

RELIC DIGGING!

Space mom gives you a shovel and points to a patch of soil where relics are buried.
You do your best to make use of that shovel.
Shadow Stalker comes in and helps, along with a pakal shovel!
100% chance to receive relics after digging.

We have enough mission types that are mainly Run & Gun.  Spy is good because it involves a slightly more calculated approach.  However, It would be good to have more strategic/mental challenge type missions.  My ideas below are ways to at least add some variety of possibilities.

=== FLOOR-LESS LEVELS ===

Objectives could still be similar to current one. The difference is that these levels would require parkour and some timing to get around because there is no floor.  Could also have energy restriction so that people aren't just flying or zip-lining everywhere.

=== DYNAMIC EVENTS ===

What would REALLY be cool is if the possibilities of what COULD HAPPEN during a mission was more dynamic.  We have possible guest attackers that appear. But...

- what if one of the Tenno were intercepted during approach and had to be saved, in addition to completing the mission?

- Objective Decoys - Enemies are getting smarter.  This means they setup fake terminals, fake hostages, etc, and even set traps and trigger a lock down to suck out the air or flood with gas.

- Enemy Reinforcements - Alarms set off a timer sometimes (like Rescue). However, the zero point doesn't mean failure, but instead, an incoming wave of much higher level reinforcements.

- Distraction - Sometimes Objective Points have really high level Guards that could be drawn away from the objective point to allow another Tenno to infiltrate. Or, Guards could be taken out, requiring a lot of damage and time. (Maybe even lure them somewhere and lock them in/out for a time)

- Clear the LZ - The enemies are trying to take down Ordis at the Extraction Point so you have to clear them out before he can pick you up.

- Injured Hostage - Hostage gets injured enough that you now have to physically carry them to the extraction point.

- Pick up Temporary Weapons - Could be opportunities to have temporary OP items to help finish the mission and spice things up a bit.

- "2 Doors" - Sometimes the Team has 2 options and have to choose 1, or when 1 options fails they have to go to a possibly more difficult "Door #2."  (Or split up and try a bigger challenge by trying to complete both in smaller numbers). Time could be a factor to make things more exciting.

- Separation - Enemy doors can sometimes be permanently locked or sabotaged by the enemy to split the team apart.  You have to find an alternate method to regroup.

- Signal Loss - Objective could change because of a trap or false intel. However, you lose communication with Lotus and have to figure out the real objective. Could require hacking or getting clues.

- Beast Unleashed - Treading in the wrong parts of some maps could awaken some insanely powerful wildlife that is now killing everything.  Could also be released by enemy as a counter measure.

I do think some of these should be reserved for higher level areas, as to not confuse new players.  This would add some variety to otherwise repetitious uneventful missions and hopefully be more engaging, fun, and introduce some more/new rewards.  These things could be implemented to the Alert Missions, letting players know that they aren't just "another mission" and could get interesting.

DE: I've said it before and I'll say it again.  I've never seen a company so in touch with their community.  As a player I'm constantly rewarded in game and out of game for loving Warframe. Thank you.  /praise

Before I suggest anything I want to highlight the best idea I've seen here thus far (IMHO) by @AM-Bunny: Reconnaissance.  They explain it perfectly:

"I think it would be a great idea to introduce a mission type that encourages exploration and will instill a deeper appreciation for the intricacies of these tilesets."

Let's cut to the chase.  Warframe is a beautiful game.  Sometimes I'm just in awe of all the work that has gone into the game.  I would like an in game incentive to appreciate said splendor.   A non combat mission where the point is to not kill and destroy but to simply explore.  Narrative wise this mission type could explain why we have mini maps of nodes to begin with; Tenno have already been there to map it out.

It also gives Warframe a mission type that is more suited for lore elements.  For example what makes more sense:

A) Coming across a Cephalon Fragment behind random boxes that has for some inexplicable reason gone unnoticed for possibly hundreds if not thousands of years.

B) During a reconnaissance mission, players come across a very well hidden, ancient computer, set of maps, artifacts, journal logs, etc, that mechanically do the same thing as Cephalon Fragments.  It's not a glowing blue set of squares giving us a window into the past but the remnants of things from that era that have gone unnoticed because they are hidden and forgotten.

I don't know what DE's plans are for Operator gameplay (or if there will ever be) but this would be a great mode to introduce them.  I really don't want to see Operator combat because that's going to mean Johnny Scrubville dying with Operators and at this juncture I don't want to see Operators reduced to the point of needing to be respawned.  They burn with a furious inner light; they are power incarnate.  Players could perform this mission with Warframes with all their mobility as normal.  Or they could use their Operators with limited mobility but get much more affinity for doing so.

Imagining an Operator climbing up pipes, hanging off ledges, and crawling under debris, coming across nooks that require them to pull out and use a flashlight, falling through a rotted out floor to come across a rusted computer overgrown with plants and decay that contains audio logs of the same quality of the Silver Grove logs is more intoxicating than all the weapon releases in the year I've been playing this game.

Let the lore of Warframe live, breath, and burst to life in a mode like this.  Get rid of the arcade 'story pickups' that are a disjointed fit in the visceral combat of Warframe.  Allow us to also use our scanners on structures.  Go full Dark Souls on us with item/structure descriptions that dive deeper into the awesome lore of this game.  

As for my suggestions, they will be a separate post because I want the potential of @AM-Bunny 's idea to really have a chance to shine.

Disclaimer: I strongly feel Warframe would be better served by reworking its existing missions than by adding a new one.  Below is a Missions 2.0 rework that was aggregated across three Warframe forum hotspots and changed based on poster feedback.  A quick shout out to @Endless_Destruction for posting a link to to this earlier in this thread before I even could!  With that said....

Missions 2.0: An Attempt to Have Missions Make Actual Sense

Mission 2.0 is also posted on /r/warframe and Steam

Survival

- Remove Life Support.  This is where Mission 2.0 started because this makes not even a bit of sense.  Enemies carrying around containers with only a few seconds of air?  They somehow make the atmosphere on their ships selective?  "I'd love to enter your lungs bro but I've got orders."  Even assuming that nonsnese was true 'in universe' I'm pretty sure oxygen tank technology has come a long way by then. If our Warframes can carry around spheres that give rise to sentient life (spectres), hundreds of energy and health restores, then I'm positive they can carry around breathing tanks.  Or they could hijack the air tanks the enemies are using (because they sure as Hell would be more than a few seconds).  No matter which way you cut this, it has never and will never make sense.  This game deserves a mode where the only thing to worry about is... survival.

+ Add Anti-Scaling Objectives.  It makes sense for the enemies to get more serious about killing us the longer we are there killing them. Every 5 minutes, an objective will appear on the map that has to be completed within 1 minute. If players complete this objective, they get a reward as normal per Mission 1.0 survival rewards and enemies scale slowly.(1) If the objective is not completed, the players receive no time based reward and all new enemy spawns will now be current enemy level + 25.

(1) Suggested by Redthirst on WF official forums

Excavation

- Remove Power Cells.  "Sir!  Four Warframes have been spotted in the northern quadrant of Triton!  The Lotus is sending down barely charged drills!  They intend to excavate our resources for their own gain!"  "You know the drill crewman... arm some of our soldiers with the ONLY thing that can keep their drills going and get their boots on ground asap!"  "But sir?!"  "YOU HEARD ME!"  No.  Let's stop the madness.

+ Add Fully Charged Drills That Go Faster via Shield Charging.  Firstly Lotus sends down drills that are fully charged.  Let's pretend she has the technology of wall outlets in the far flung future. On their own they drills will excavate a reward every x seconds.  However, if we charge the drills with our shields, the drills will offer up rewards that much faster. As long as we keep the drill alive, it keeps digging up rewards. When it gets destroyed, Lotus sends down another drill somewhere else. Somewhere random maybe?

+ Add Chance of Planet Resource Per Drill Reward. Every time an excavator actually excavates a cache, we have a small chance to also get a cache of that planet's resources. So that means excavations on Jupiter will very, very, rarely offer up Nerual Sensors but not so super rarely offer up salvage, fieldron samples, and alloy plates.(1)

(1)Tweak added by H2K3 on WF official forums

Exterminate

+ Add More Enemies. Let's have Exterminates for 500. 1000. 5000. The sky is the limit. Either every x minutes into an Exterminate and/or after x enemies are killed, there will be a chance for a mini boss to spawn.(1)

(1) Suggested by (XB1)TeenyRagtag on WF official forums

Infiltrate (formerly spy)

Name Change Only.  Infiltrate is a lot closer to what we are actually doing.  Getting in quick, with or without stealth, to hack their stuff and then bounce before they know what hit them.  Spy makes me think that I'm behind enemy lines, with them thinking I'm one of them, subverting them from the inside, collecting intel, with maybe an occasional assasination.  A mode like that sounds awesome and maybe one day DE will do it with branching dialogue trees to boot.  Until then infiltrate is more accurate.  Save spy for when are an actual spy doing spy stuff.

Sabotage

Add Target Guards.  This mode is actually kind of sensible as it is and we have different types of sabotage which is awesome.  The only suggestion is that wherever the sabotage target is, there are some TOUGH enemies guarding it.  "Oh hey why do the Tenno keep destroying our valuable stuff?  Oh maybe it's because we guard our high value targets as much concern as we would guard 5 storage lockers and a random hallway.  Oh maybe that's it."

Defense

- Remove Clueless, Meandering, Sortie Defense Targets. I find it hard to believe that the person we are defending, a person important to the Tenno and Lotus, has as much sense as solar powered flashlight. I see why DE did it but honestly it's just dumb. Like Batman vs Superman Martha dumb. Keep in game only if they have the same functionality as spectres (follow, hold position).(1)

Add a Variety of Defense Targets. Where do 'new players' come from? Okay the cyropods make sense and they are cool. We also defend reactors and that direction is what I'd like to see. More of what's happening in the origin systems via enviromental storytelling via defense targets. Just keep the meandering targets out of it and you pretty much can't go wrong.

+ Absorb Mobile Defense. Mobile defense is misleading for the defense targets are not mobile. There is already a true mobile defense mission in WF and that's Hijack. If anything mobile defense would be multi-defense. Sometimes we defend one thing in one location or one thing in multiple locations. Either way it's all just defense.(2) For defense missions involving hacking, these missions can be stealthed. Breaking stealth increases security around defense targets.(3)

(1) suggested by /u/Volttexx on /r/warframe

(2) This suggestion was borne from an exchange with (XB1)TeenyRagtag on WF official forums.

(3) Suggested by /u/madalchymist on /r/warframe.

Hijack

+ Add a Variety of Hijack Targets.  We currently have the Fomorian power core hijack and the corpus shield draining hijack.  Just add more variety for hijack targets and take that opportunity to do some more environmental storytelling.

Rescue

+ Add Carry.  We can carry targets by having them mount our backs and they hang on to us for dear life.  While doing so they are free to fire our secondary weapon while we move. The rationale is that to be able to be as mobile and jump as high as Warframes do, their base strength is already squarely superhuman.  Our Warframes move unhindered regardless if they are only packing only a Ceramic Dagger or a Fragor Prime, Opticor, a massive sydanna, Iron Skin and Twin Grakatas and somehow... all the ammo for all of that.  Carrying a person that weighs nore more than a few hundred pounds wouldn't matter that much to a Warframe that can exert thousands of pounds of force w/o getting tired.  The target would take fall damage when we do hard landings.

Capture

- Remove the Palmportation. Because really if we can absorb people into our hands and teleport them to somewhere else it creates more problems than it solves. Firstly why don't we just palmport rescue targets? Secondly,why don't we palmport extra weapons and ammo in or drops out? Why isn't teleportation technology more prevalent if it can literally fit in the palm of a hand? That level 100+ mob? Blast proc him and then palm port it out of there. Just get rid of palmport all together.

+ Add Recon & Stealth. Targets have to located via hacking or just randomly coming across them. If players can stealth their way to the target, they can stealth capture them instantly. If stealth is broken before target acquisition, target gets a security detail while attempting to flee.(1)

+ Add Carry and Throw. Without any more palmporting, we have to carry the capture target back to extraction just like a rescue target. The key difference here is that if we don't knock the target out, it will offer resistance. So it may be wise to disarm him with Loki first. Or Mind Control him into compliance. Or you know... just knock him out by throwing him against the wall like he was the #1 fan of Lunaro.

- Removed Interrogation. Feedback basically pointed at it being TortureFrame at that point.(2)

(1) This was wholly suggested by /u/aleco247 on /r/warframe

(2) Suggested by Genoscythe on WF official forums.

Assassinate

- Remove Boss Invulnerable States. Bosses no longer have any invulnerable states. At most they would have damage resistant states. Also, all Warframe abilities should work on them to some degree.

+ Security Detail.  Each target is accompanied by a security detail.  This detail does their best to defend the target and will actively relocate to wherever the target is.  They should always be the most potent mob spawns that planet has to offer.  Once a boss fight begins, normal enemy spawns are replaced with security detail spawns.

+ Add Boss Chambers.  These areas can only be accessed via hacking.  Chambers also have a number of environmental advantages available support target (think turrets, Zanuka, and anti Warframe measures; not Kayla De Thuum spinning circle nonsense).  Boss's will not leave Boss Chambers.  Unless Boss Chamber doors are continually hacked shut, they will allow security detail enemies in to aid the boss.

+ Add Recon and Stealth.  Targets have to be located via hacking or just randomly coming across them.  If stealth can be maintained until boss chamber entry, security detail spawns as normal.  If stealth is broken, security detail spawn rate is tripled.  

~ Modify Boss Drops. Since targets will take longer to locate and defeat (about 10 - 15 minutes), boss drops in Mission 2.0 should represent the boss drops from grinding Mission 1.0 bosses x times in same amount of time listed above. Ex: Mission 2.0 Alad V would drop 0 - 5 WF BP's, 0 - 10 Neural Sensors, etc.

The entire Assassinate rework is a combination of suggestions from /u/aleco247 from /r/warframe , Endless_Destruction and Daggerpaw1 from WF official forums and me.

Edited by lihimsidhe

Nemesis:

Your stealth drive failed; enemies have detected your presence and have dispatched their champion to annihilate you.  As soon as you land, Ordis apologizes for his slip-up, and tries to pinpoint the champ's location.  Blast doors slam down in your way, and you have to open 3 or so to get to your ship and escape.  All the while, an invulnerable enemy unit is slowly, but inexorably, pursuing you.  

You can use level elements to create diversions, like setting off alarms in another sector, or releasing prisoners that begin to riot, or anything else that a super-unit might put as a higher priority than a small team of intruders.  Ramparts or Bursas could be used to stun them, overwhelming their shielding systems.  Or, you could have a teammate occupy their attention while the others work on the doors.  There are multiple ways to distract them, but not all of them might work each time.  Maybe one champ doesn't care about prisoners.  Another knows she is invulnerable to small arms fire, so she ignores a lone vanguard.  Maybe one prefers hit-and-run tactics, jumping out of vents at random moments to catch his prey unaware.  Maybe higher difficulties even increase the number of pursuers...

After the Tenno fight through the normal units and open the blast doors, extraction appears! They make a mad dash to safety, and their pursuer tries every trick in the book to corner them and finish them off.

Convoy

As suggested already a couple times, A mission type where you protect a ship from attacking enemies in space. Might make for a good syndicate mission as well.

You have to fend off attacking enemies in Archwing mode and the opposing faction could be of Grineer or Corpus. The ship you are protecting had its engines sabotaged and you have to protect them until they get those engines running again. Perhaps certain enemies have resources that can speed up that process.

Occasionally the ship you are escorting is boarded by enemies and one of the players will have to board that ship to protect it, allowing a game mode where you can transition between Archwing and Ground based gameplay.

Overcharge

Void or Orokin Moon mission. A known explored Orokin tower or outpost has gone haywire. Space Mom has discovered that something has gone wrong with the resident Neural Sentry. She sends a group of Tenno in to try and sort out the problem.

When the Tenno arrive, two things happen. First, Either the Grineer or Corpus have invaded to no ones surprise. They've done something and set off the Neural Sentry. The second thing is that one of the Tenno are hit by a big burst of Void energy! For the duration of the mission someone is in a state of Overload. They'll have a big boost to their power, range and duration. Their energy will also constantly be filling. In fact, Their energy will fill past their normal upper limit, but they take damage for as long as they are overfilled. They are also like a beacon to the enemy and are constantly being targeted by anything that sees them. If that player goes down, the mission ends!

There are up to three doors that need to be opened in order to reach the Neural Sentry. The doors might look similar to the vault doors in the derelict. The Overloaded Tenno has to wait in front of that door for a short period of time, charging it up with energy. When it is fully charged the Overload jumps to one of the other Tenno!

Finally at the end they will reach the Neural Sentry. Like the gate doors the Overloaded Tenno has to wait in a certain spot to charge up a target structure to reset or reactivate the Sentry. And maybe we'll get to see what the Neural Sentry actually looks like? I mean, the thing is often referred to but I don't think we've ever seen it.

I've seen a few mentions of a "Horde" mode in this thread, but they seem to restrict it with waves and a set amount that spawns per wave. Now when I think of horde I'm thinking something along the lines of what used to happen when people used to play a T4 Survival mission for about 2 hours, where the enemies essentially are coming at you non-stop if you aren't moving around the rooms. Or even if you were, one wrong turn and you slam into a large group of them.

Of course I do have a variant that some people may find a little off-putting would potentially fit if operator game play is implemented. Horde/Turret Defense: Where you are either fighting against a legitimate horde of enemies of various levels and difficulties, laughing at the odds, carving or shooting your way through hundreds if not thousands of enemies, pushing yourself to the limit; like some of the stories that we hear about certain frames in game and heroes of our own world. Now the Turret Defense aspect can be worked in with either the warframe or an operator. Where there are several paths to an objective that we as frames/tenno are protecting and along those paths are automated turrets that we can have under our control via hacking to help thin the horde as they approach the target objective. The turrets would be up and running for a certain amount of time depending on the difficulty of the hack in question, I'd say it would be easier to hack, but risk being shot at and hurt/killed towards where the horde spawns, and more difficult hacks, but safer to do under duress towards the mission objective. Obviously the turrent defense part could be done in waves, but i'd leave that up to personal opinion. Now I don't know if operator gameplay will be a thing despite it being heavily implied, but there could be pathways to the turrets in question for them to use to get them there safely.

The Cube(endless):

Spoiler

As in the cube movie, each room contains a mechanical challenge, but with enemies spawning since this is warframe.

The theme could be some corpus processing facility, or some grineer new execution system.

Each room itself is hazardous and not meant to be inhabited, meaning only space ninjas could stay alive in there for longer than a couple minutes.

The rooms mechanical system must be about patterns, just like Diablo game bosses, as in things meant to kill you should come in predictable geometrical succession whose difficulty increases by gaining width, range, speed, en example in-game are the huge spinning blades in earth tiles.

In order to unlock each room one has to survive in there a couple minutes, while also fighting spawned enemy units of increasing difficulty, and then the room`s hacking panel becomes active, and the killing devices lose their invulnerability, in order to simplify the panel hacking.

In order to prevent tenno invulnerabilites each room should have a mix of magic and physical hazards.

6 minutes ago, mrecentric said:

There are hundreds of threads about this already. Have you tried using the search box? It looks like many of those threads I participated in didn't survive the forum migration though :(

Before you criticize another poster for following the rules of the OP of THIS thread, perhaps you should actually read what DE_Rebecca stated.  This thread is a call for mission ideas.  So the very fact that there are hundreds of threads about a given concept is even more of a reason to include it in this thread.  The fact there are hundreds of threads voicing for its inclusion in Warframe is a solid reason for it to be a new mission type.  

Regardless of how many prior threads exist to support or dismiss a given idea is a moot point.  This thread is asking for mission ideas, period.  That's it.  Read what DE_Rebecca said, read the post you are criticizing, and then tell me how the two don't match up.  Good luck.  

Alright, so my idea is a little competitive spinoff from the regular survivals.

Basically, you know how the current survivals work, what if the life support wasn't shared? What if there wasn't enough for the entire team at any given moment, a sort of an elmination system.

The last tenno standing could get certain bonuses, like rare mods etc.

Relay Reconstruction

Since the Formorians can blow up our relays, and we must have built them at some point, it makes sense that we have the option to rebuild those that are destroyed, in that vein I suggest a mission similar to an invasion or a formorian sabotage, where a community effort is required to rebuild the relay over time. This mission would appear after a Fomorian has blown up a relay effectively replacing the Relay node, it would also appear on any destroyed Relay nodes currently present.

Reconstruction progress bar could be the Lotus Purple vs Enemy Faction Colour, as Progress is Made the purple replaces the enemy colour.

The mission itself would be of the endless variety and consist of three stages:

Stage1 (Archwing) 0% - 33% Construction

The Tenno have to roam a large open space, filled with ruins of the relay and various asteroids, potential to use both trench running and open asteroid areas., on arrival you would be given an objective to collect a piece of the debris and return it to the Relay core, central location, enemy units would of course be trying to stop you (Grineer/Corpus/Infested as appropriate), for added difficulty, possibly disable Weapons or Sprinting or Powers while you are carrying the object, meaning you have to avoid notice or rely on your team mates to protect you, but you are not completely helpless.

Reward from the Lotus for successfully Delivering a component.

Extraction Location outside and above the relay.

Stage 2 (Archwing & Ground) 34% - 66% Construction

The Relay has been Partially rebuilt, enough that the internals areas have life support but it's not fully rebuilt yet, the main objective is still the same as stage one, but every few deliveries (For example after Rotation C), the Enemy will send a boarding party to try and sabotage your efforts, if the boarding party reaches the relay you have to go into it and exterminate them all.

While Inside there is the constant shield drain as if the windows have been broken on a corpus ship, but no lockdown.

The Landing point is the standard Liset relay arrival point.

Lifts do not work, Parkour may be required to reach enemies.

Reward from the Lotus for successfully Delivering a Component.

Reward from the Lotus for preventing a Boarding Party reaching a relay.

Lesser Reward from the Lotus for destroying a boarding party on a relay.

Extraction Location outside and above the relay.

Stage 3 (Archwing & Ground) 67% - 100% Construction

The external structure of the Relay is now fully complete, all that remains is to get the internal systems back up and running properly. This contains all the elements of Stage 1 & Stage 2, the Collection and Boarding Parties, however a boarding party will now be sent for every component collected, and they will be sent when you collect the component instead of after you deliver and the component. Additionally instead of delivery the component to an external location, you need to deliver the component to a location inside the Relay.

The is no longer a shield drain.

Lifts still do no work, Parkour will almost certainly be required to deliver the components.

Reward from the Lotus for successfully Delivering a Component and killing all enemies in a relay.

Bonus Reward from the Lotus for preventing a Boarding Party from landing

Completion

When the relay is finally complete it returns to standard relay functioning, the only difference would cosmetic, in that the centrepiece statue would be of the Warframe most used during the relays Reconstruction.
Could also have a leader-board in the Relay for the top 10 contributors.

Edited by Ebondevil

3 hours ago, lihimsidhe said:

Disclaimer: I strongly feel Warframe would be better served by reworking its existing missions than by adding a new one.  Below is a Missions 2.0 rework that was aggregated across three Warframe forum hotspots and changed based on poster feedback.  A quick shout out to @Endless_Destruction for posting a link to to this earlier in this thread before I even could!  With that said....

Missions 2.0: An Attempt to Have Missions Make Actual Sense

Mission 2.0 is also posted on /r/warframe and Steam

Survival

- Remove Life Support.  This is where Mission 2.0 started because this makes not even a bit of sense.  Enemies carrying around containers with only a few seconds of air?  They somehow make the atmosphere on their ships selective?  "I'd love to enter your lungs bro but I've got orders."  Even assuming that nonsnese was true 'in universe' I'm pretty sure oxygen tank technology has come a long way by then. If our Warframes can carry around spheres that give rise to sentient life (spectres), hundreds of energy and health restores, then I'm positive they can carry around breathing tanks.  Or they could hijack the air tanks the enemies are using (because they sure as Hell would be more than a few seconds).  No matter which way you cut this, it has never and will never make sense.  This game deserves a mode where the only thing to worry about is... survival.

+ Add Anti-Scaling Objectives.  It makes sense for the enemies to get more serious about killing us the longer we are there killing them. Every 5 minutes, an objective will appear on the map that has to be completed within 1 minute. If players complete this objective, they get a reward as normal per Mission 1.0 survival rewards and enemies scale slowly.(1) If the objective is not completed, the players receive no time based reward and all new enemy spawns will now be current enemy level + 25.

(1) Suggested by Redthirst on WF official forums

Excavation

- Remove Power Cells.  "Sir!  Four Warframes have been spotted in the northern quadrant of Triton!  The Lotus is sending down barely charged drills!  They intend to excavate our resources for their own gain!"  "You know the drill crewman... arm some of our soldiers with the ONLY thing that can keep their drills going and get their boots on ground asap!"  "But sir?!"  "YOU HEARD ME!"  No.  Let's stop the madness.

+ Add Fully Charged Drills That Go Faster via Shield Charging.  Firstly Lotus sends down drills that are fully charged.  Let's pretend she has the technology of wall outlets in the far flung future. On their own they drills will excavate a reward every x seconds.  However, if we charge the drills with our shields, the drills will offer up rewards that much faster. As long as we keep the drill alive, it keeps digging up rewards. When it gets destroyed, Lotus sends down another drill somewhere else. Somewhere random maybe?

+ Add Chance of Planet Resource Per Drill Reward. Every time an excavator actually excavates a cache, we have a small chance to also get a cache of that planet's resources. So that means excavations on Jupiter will very, very, rarely offer up Nerual Sensors but not so super rarely offer up salvage, fieldron samples, and alloy plates.(1)

(1)Tweak added by H2K3 on WF official forums

Exterminate

+ Add More Enemies. Let's have Exterminates for 500. 1000. 5000. The sky is the limit. Either every x minutes into an Exterminate and/or after x enemies are killed, there will be a chance for a mini boss to spawn.(1)

(1) Suggested by (XB1)TeenyRagtag on WF official forums

Infiltrate (formerly spy)

Name Change Only.  Infiltrate is a lot closer to what we are actually doing.  Getting in quick, with or without stealth, to hack their stuff and then bounce before they know what hit them.  Spy makes me think that I'm behind enemy lines, with them thinking I'm one of them, subverting them from the inside, collecting intel, with maybe an occasional assasination.  A mode like that sounds awesome and maybe one day DE will do it with branching dialogue trees to boot.  Until then infiltrate is more accurate.  Save spy for when are an actual spy doing spy stuff.

Sabotage

Add Target Guards.  This mode is actually kind of sensible as it is and we have different types of sabotage which is awesome.  The only suggestion is that wherever the sabotage target is, there are some TOUGH enemies guarding it.  "Oh hey why do the Tenno keep destroying our valuable stuff?  Oh maybe it's because we guard our high value targets as much concern as we would guard 5 storage lockers and a random hallway.  Oh maybe that's it."

Defense

- Remove Clueless, Meandering, Sortie Defense Targets. I find it hard to believe that the person we are defending, a person important to the Tenno and Lotus, has as much sense as solar powered flashlight. I see why DE did it but honestly it's just dumb. Like Batman vs Superman Martha dumb. Keep in game only if they have the same functionality as spectres (follow, hold position).(1)

Add a Variety of Defense Targets. Where do 'new players' come from? Okay the cyropods make sense and they are cool. We also defend reactors and that direction is what I'd like to see. More of what's happening in the origin systems via enviromental storytelling via defense targets. Just keep the meandering targets out of it and you pretty much can't go wrong.

+ Absorb Mobile Defense. Mobile defense is misleading for the defense targets are not mobile. There is already a true mobile defense mission in WF and that's Hijack. If anything mobile defense would be multi-defense. Sometimes we defend one thing in one location or one thing in multiple locations. Either way it's all just defense.(2) For defense missions involving hacking, these missions can be stealthed. Breaking stealth increases security around defense targets.(3)

(1) suggested by /u/Volttexx on /r/warframe

(2) This suggestion was borne from an exchange with (XB1)TeenyRagtag on WF official forums.

(3) Suggested by /u/madalchymist on /r/warframe.

Hijack

+ Add a Variety of Hijack Targets.  We currently have the Fomorian power core hijack and the corpus shield draining hijack.  Just add more variety for hijack targets and take that opportunity to do some more environmental storytelling.

Rescue

+ Add Carry.  We can carry targets by having them mount our backs and they hang on to us for dear life.  While doing so they are free to fire our secondary weapon while we move. The rationale is that to be able to be as mobile and jump as high as Warframes do, their base strength is already squarely superhuman.  Our Warframes move unhindered regardless if they are only packing only a Ceramic Dagger or a Fragor Prime, Opticor, a massive sydanna, Iron Skin and Twin Grakatas and somehow... all the ammo for all of that.  Carrying a person that weighs nore more than a few hundred pounds wouldn't matter that much to a Warframe that can exert thousands of pounds of force w/o getting tired.  The target would take fall damage when we do hard landings.

Capture

- Remove the Palmportation. Because really if we can absorb people into our hands and teleport them to somewhere else it creates more problems than it solves. Firstly why don't we just palmport rescue targets? Secondly,why don't we palmport extra weapons and ammo in or drops out? Why isn't teleportation technology more prevalent if it can literally fit in the palm of a hand? That level 100+ mob? Blast proc him and then palm port it out of there. Just get rid of palmport all together.

+ Add Recon & Stealth. Targets have to located via hacking or just randomly coming across them. If players can stealth their way to the target, they can stealth capture them instantly. If stealth is broken before target acquisition, target gets a security detail while attempting to flee.(1)

+ Add Carry and Throw. Without any more palmporting, we have to carry the capture target back to extraction just like a rescue target. The key difference here is that if we don't knock the target out, it will offer resistance. So it may be wise to disarm him with Loki first. Or Mind Control him into compliance. Or you know... just knock him out by throwing him against the wall like he was the #1 fan of Lunaro.

- Removed Interrogation. Feedback basically pointed at it being TortureFrame at that point.(2)

(1) This was wholly suggested by /u/aleco247 on /r/warframe

(2) Suggested by Genoscythe on WF official forums.

Assassinate

- Remove Boss Invulnerable States. Bosses no longer have any invulnerable states. At most they would have damage resistant states. Also, all Warframe abilities should work on them to some degree.

+ Security Detail.  Each target is accompanied by a security detail.  This detail does their best to defend the target and will actively relocate to wherever the target is.  They should always be the most potent mob spawns that planet has to offer.  Once a boss fight begins, normal enemy spawns are replaced with security detail spawns.

+ Add Boss Chambers.  These areas can only be accessed via hacking.  Chambers also have a number of environmental advantages available support target (think turrets, Zanuka, and anti Warframe measures; not Kayla De Thuum spinning circle nonsense).  Boss's will not leave Boss Chambers.  Unless Boss Chamber doors are continually hacked shut, they will allow security detail enemies in to aid the boss.

+ Add Recon and Stealth.  Targets have to be located via hacking or just randomly coming across them.  If stealth can be maintained until boss chamber entry, security detail spawns as normal.  If stealth is broken, security detail spawn rate is tripled.  

~ Modify Boss Drops. Since targets will take longer to locate and defeat (about 10 - 15 minutes), boss drops in Mission 2.0 should represent the boss drops from grinding Mission 1.0 bosses x times in same amount of time listed above. Ex: Mission 2.0 Alad V would drop 0 - 5 WF BP's, 0 - 10 Neural Sensors, etc.

The entire Assassinate rework is a combination of suggestions from /u/aleco247 from /r/warframe , Endless_Destruction and Daggerpaw1 from WF official forums and me.

All of these, please.

I know the rationale: new stuff is more appealing, as it generates interest.

But these changes would make Warframe itself new. In a good way. This...would-be amazing.

Glad that DE is opening this kinda question on the forum. For a long time i've been thinking about the mission types, and already saw some good ideas and exciting mission types here. 
My sugestion is to create more variant of the mission types available to add more uniqueness, and every other mission can still exist. Here are my ideas:

Excavator Defense: The players must defend a single spot on the map (just like the actual Defense) but is a large and powerfull excavator. Sometimes the excavator needs energy and a power core is needed. This type of mission is determined by the planet and during invasions, you need to protect a Grineer excavator in a Corpus tileset and vice versa.

Cargo Defense: Just like the Hijack, this is a mission where the player needs to defend a (not so big) cargo until the extraction point. This process can be repeated as an endless mission and the dificulty increases not only with enemy level, but with the distance between the cargo point and the extraction. Again, this mission type can be determined by planet and faction.

Operative Defense: The same as the Defense on the sorties, since this type of defense is really challenging. To add more dificulty, the NPC can walk to the level in seach for specific containers, caches and etc. During invasions, the Operative becomes a Grineer or Corpus unit and in syndicate missions is a member of you syndicate.

Mobile Operative Defense: The player need to escort the NPC through the level until he reaches the computer and start hacking the panel (in this state the game will turn into an already know mobile defense). 

Safety Escort: The player needs to save as many NPCs he can during the mission. This works like a rescue, but the operative needs to be escorted to the extraction alive and each player on the mission can escort two NPCs at the same time. They can be prisioners (in Corpus and Grineer tilisets) or survivors (on Infected maps). The reward for this mission rotated every 5 successful rescues.

Warzone: Every planet is ruled by a faction, and sometimes conflicts can occour. In this mission the player must first choose a side (like inavsions). If you choose the attacking side, the map is the planet, for the defending side, the map is the ship. The main objective is a massive exterminate, but without a marker on the map for every enemy. Depending the side, a secondary (and not mandatory) mission will me available: Spy for attackers and Sabotage for the defenders. In the end of the mission, the rewards are based on the total percentage of enemies killed and if the secondary objective was completed or not.

Hope you guys like. Happy to contribute!

Settler Defense

You have to defend pockets of settlers in an area similar to defense or mobile defense. once you killed a set number of grineer/corpus/infested/corrupted (maybe 100-300 enemies split between 5 waves depending on rotation and planet) you can advance to the next pocket as the previous pocket of settlers you have defended have been able to escape. The pockets grow larger for every rotation (rotation A has 5 settlers, rotation B has 10 settlers and Rotation C has 20 settlers) the more settlers that get's killed/captured the worse reward you wil get.

This mission will only be available on certain planets like: Mars and Europa and possibly earth

Certain Pockets might reveal themself to be a part of a syndicate all players have in common, rewarding the tenno with standing and/or syndicate gear (mods, sigils, specter bp's and medalions) if none of the tenno has a matching syndicate none of the pockets will belong to a syndicate.

Invasion: Aesthetics

Invasions were one of the first new mission types to be introduced dating back to Oct 2013. Since then they have been many additions to the Warframe universe but invasions has stayed the same and stagnated over time. To reinvigorate invasions my idea is to put players in the middle of the action rather than getting into the mission after the two factions have already collided. Reminiscent of "The Time Is Now" archwing quest where the ship you're on is bombarded, torn apart, and boarded by the opposing faction. However Invasion should not be about just one game mode. It's an invasion and you're a third party there are many possibilities and you can arrive at any one of them.

Space (archwing and ship nodes)

Sabotage: In this mode your objective is to get inside the opposing ship, destroy it, and escape. You begin by navigating the outside of the enemy ship in your archwing. You must get past the ship's defenses and find an opening (guided of course). Upon entering the ship you must get to the reactor on foot while the ship suffers from bombardments and allied boarding crews. However it's not that simple due to the conflict some rooms are falling apart, the enemy has buffed their defenses with readied traps, turrets, and buff units. Upon destroying the reactor you must race the timer to extraction (to watch the fireworks).

Escort: Here you are asked to escort a payload across the battlefield between the opposing factions. The payload in question is a small ship guided by AI, your job is to defend it until it reaches the enemy ship. When in range of the enemy ship it will begin firing at the payload. Players can block the attacks by destroying the missiles. The attacks stop the closer you get but the enemy grouping is denser. Debris and asteroids are a common environmental hazard.

Defense: Here you'll be required to defend the reactor however you're a little late. There has been a hull breach in the reactor room. The reactor isn't taking damage but the hull breach presents an opportunity for enemy forces. Here you'll be forced to defend the reactor on foot facing both boarding crews and archwing enemies.

Annihilation: Situated in the middle of the battlefield in-range of the enemy ship you are here to deplete the enemy forces (continuously). Your job is to simply kill hardened enemies which are increasing in number with each wave; while under fire from the enemy ship.

Planetary

Search and Destroy (invading): As the invading force your objective is to find and destroy opposing defenses on the planets surface (such as anti-ship missiles). Allowing for ground forces to move in. The objectives are heavily guarded and shielded. You must deal with these forces and disable the shielding before destroying the objective.

Evacuation: The invading forces are launching ground troops. Here you are to rescue as many allied forces as possible but you must make haste. The landscape has already changed and the enemy troops are appearing in droves from pods/teleporters/walls. If all allied forces die you're mission will fail.

Tower defense: The invaders have managed to land a ship of the surface meanwhile the defenders have regrouped. Both sides have made fortified encampments along the torn-up battlefield. The player's job is to escort allied troops from their encampments to destroy enemy camps and eventually their ship/survivors.

Planetary archwing: A regular head-to-head fight between factions in the planet's atmosphere. Navigate the forests of Earth, fly around a snowy mountain top, struggle against the strong winds of Uranus, navigate the canyons of Mars, all while trying to destroy the enemy.

Edited by Postal_pat

Barracks Assault (can't think of a better name):

The Mode: For the Tenno to assault the enemy where they are made, for Grineer it would be a mass cloning lab, Corpus could be another mass cloning plant for crewman and mass manufacturing plant for Corpus proxies, the void could show how beings are configured with the neural sentry and finally a breeding ground for infested. Mission can be completed fast and easy or become increasingly difficult if players choose to activate some of the latest experiments/models/manifestations gaining rewards up to X amount. This could be a great way to introduce new enemy types as the game progresses or to have some wacky weapon/ability combinations on units e.g. Exploding chargers that leave tar where they die.

The Goal: The Tenno are to assault these facilities as the enemy have been growing to fast and far in number so we are to sever the head from the snake. Destroy the facility through any means possible; cause a reactor to explode, shoot up the facility itself, deny all specimens life through some hacking/puzzle, etc.

(Optional) Unlock and awaken special test subjects/strains/models to gain more information on the enemies plans, the more you fight the more rewarded you get.

These monstrosities start off as just being a mildly better eximus and end up becoming something even sentients fear. 

Why: We as a player base don't see new enemy types very often. I am sure internally you have made or at least thought of some real monsters, this mode could finally introduce the scorch with a nullifier bubble to really get tears flowing. It also opens up the lore to players as to where do they get all these damn lancers and crewman and eventually what the neural sentry is.

Problems: Well of course balancing this would be hard. It does sound a bit like sabotage especially the Grineer sea lab sabotage (tubemen). This would have to be on high level nodes due the lore/difficulty (less people noticing it/playing)