Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Ammo (explosive weapons)

Vladyzlav

Im talking about the exposive weapons like the Ogris, Pox, Penta, Torid, Castanas , Talons i just dont see any people using them, i for one dont use them because of the ammo pool. Its just too small you cant go in a exterminate and hope to finish it whit only these, plus you cant have a ogris and a castanas at the same time on you cuz you use the ammo on them on the same time. Its just a shame cuz they are fun, even when you blow yourself up. DE PLEASE just buff the ammo pool it doenst have to be to big 100 ammo at one time i dont think is not unreasonable. Doing stealth whit them i just imposible, ive tried to level up the Talons in a exterminate and i couldnt finis it whitout using 4 ammo restores that cost more that what you get in that mission.

8 hours ago, bluepheonix13 said:

That is what ammo mutation mods are for.

His problem isn't that he doesn't have enough ammo it's just that the pools are too small. If the weapons had a max ammo of let's say 60 then there be no problem.

In response to the OP. I agree that explosive weapons like the Penta should have higher ammo caps because 20 is way to low and makes no sense. We can carry hundred of reloads for the Sybaris, Opticor, and 72 arrows for bows, that low.

3 hours ago, Luther848 said:

His problem isn't that he doesn't have enough ammo it's just that the pools are too small. If the weapons had a max ammo of let's say 60 then there be no problem.

You would still have the problem that they use the rarest ammo type and you won't find as many ammo drops as you'll use. A mutation mod fixes both problems though because even with 20 you won't run out if every ammo you pick up gets converted to the right one (ofc suffering from the big question with many weapons: damage or QoL?). 

Edited by bluepheonix13
Typo

4 hours ago, bluepheonix13 said:

You would still have the problem that they use the rarest ammo type and you won't find as many ammo drops as you'll use. A mutation mod fixes both problems though because even with 20 you won't run out if every ammo you pick up gets converted to the right one (ofc suffering from the big question with many weapons: damage or QoL?). 

I use the Torid which has 60 and never run out of ammo and the Tonkor which has 40 also never runs out of ammo. I think increase the total would be better because with a Ammo Mutation mod you usual end up wasting most of the ammo anyway because it uses the whole ammo box even if you are only missing 1 ammo.

whenever i use an Explosive Weapon, i am quite prolific with my use of Ammunition, and i never even get close to running out.
40rds is perhaps a more appropriate Pool, however. but Ammo Pool is a small card in the deck of Ammunition Management.

in general people that complain they don't have Enough Ammo or something like that - i can only deduce are trying to do AFKFarming or are literally spamming in all directions for no reason. which... you'd run out of Ammo if you randomly shot any Weapon at a wall constantly.

17 hours ago, Vladyzlav said:

plus you cant have a ogris and a castanas at the same time on you cuz you use the ammo on them on the same time.

Explosive Secondary Weapons use Pistol Ammo Pickups(and therefore Pistol Pool), but get 10 per Pickup instead of 20.