Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring back the big guns (Opticor and Ogris)

Onokosha

Opticor is a decent weapon but due to its charge time the weapon is pretty much out classed by bows which have much higher single target damage and no reloading needed. I'm not so much asking for a buff in damage but I think this weapon should have some aspect about it that separates it from bows. My suggestion would be to give it a bigger AoE explosion radius like a launcher so it can take out enemies that are crowded together. Even with the Firestorm mod this weapon has little to no AoE damage so i think it would be a nice improvement for a charge weapon. 

Ogris this gun is also another neglected weapon, the Kela de Thaym mod was a good idea. However, this gun could use an improvement in stats with it being a charge weapon that even inflicts massive self damage and low ammo capacity. My suggestion would be to increase the crit chance to 15% or above on this weapon, or make a Wraith version with such improved stats, that can still use the Nightwatch Napalm mod.

the only legit ofris buff that can unf\ it is removing the charge mechanic, hell, im not gonna spend 1.5 secs charging everytime i see an enemy, im so done by then, even if its ROF is nerfed so it fires the same amount of rockets within a time frame, but at least i can defend on well

to simplify:

Spoiler

X=shot

O=no shot

now: OX, OX, OX

after becoming semi auto: XO, XO, XO

26 minutes ago, Bizzaro21 said:

the only legit ofris buff that can unf\ it is removing the charge mechanic, hell, im not gonna spend 1.5 secs charging everytime i see an enemy, im so done by then, even if its ROF is nerfed so it fires the same amount of rockets within a time frame, but at least i can defend on well

to simplify:

Hide contents

X=shot

O=no shot

now: OX, OX, OX

after becoming semi auto: XO, XO, XO

A cooldown after the the shots should feel better than a charge-up. Like it is now, it feels like a bow, that is worse than a bow.

How I'd like Ogris:
Mouse 1: Launches fast normal rockets
Alt fire: Targets an enemy similar to Buzlok but does not require to launch a tracer round. More like, Synthesis Scanner and will make the chosen target glow.
Mouse 1 Charge: Fires a slow homing rocket that will target the selected glowing enemy.

Nightwatch Napalm:
Works the same but now also gains extra damage when fire elemental mods are equipped.

Also, self damage is now capped at 200 regardless of mods equipped, similar to Tonkor.

There we now have an amazing 3-in-1 weapon that doesn't kill us every 2 mins.
Grineer Bombard's Ogris, Napalm Ogris, and a Corrupted Ogris.
Edited by Oranji

• 2 months later...

I absolut support this idea since there are so many OP guns like tonkor, telos boltace, simulor why not bring back the old strength of guns which supposed to be strong. Im a huge fan of the Ogris and since there are Riven Mods i bought 3 Ogris Mods at once + a 3 day Booster and hunt Kuva like crazy. I rerolled the 3 mods 28 times without getting my favorite combination-,- but i got lucky and bought a 4thRiven Mod from a dude with exactly the stats i needet, 208% Demage,50+%reloadspeed, 95% Multishoot and -100% Impact. It was just perfect for me^^. Now i have Rocketlauncher with 43k-55k basedemage (with and without heavy Caliber) But the thing is...it only deals 10k demage. Sometimes a bit more and even less. For example a normal Lv.25 Food soldier of Grineer can get 3k demage or 8k, 10k or sometimes 23k. The exactly same happens on any other Lv of a enemy. I mean they allways die but it feels not realy right, i think the demage numbers are getting displayed wrong. =/