Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Suggestion) Shadows of the Dead Percentage while decaying?

CephalonUnknown

So, as I stated in the title, this is merely a suggestion. Maybe some people won't think this is necessary and it probably isn't, I just think it might make Shadows Of The Dead a bit easier to manage. Also, if this happens to be in the wrong thread. My apologies.

So, since Nekros his fourth ability now has a set amount of shadows. How about changing the number that indicates how many shadows are up, to a percentage that shows how far your shadows have decayed instead?
It would give you an idea of when you'd like to recast it because as of right now, when I try to figure out when I have to recast Shadows Of The Dead, I actually have to look for one of my shadows and look at their health bar.

Now, I do know this might just be a minor annoyance and most people probably recast it whenever they feel like it, but I think it would be nice to have a percentage instead of having to guess when one would recast that ability.

Once again, this is just a suggestion so if you find this to be a stupid idea, no problem. Just thought I'd share it.

Edited by CephalonUnknown

1 minute ago, Trichouette said:

The idea is great but, it would be useful as well to know the amount of shadows, simply because if 2 are down, you can recast more.

Devs said once that they wanted to make a better HUD for abilities, having both these infos would be great.

Oh, right. That did get mentioned at one point didn't it? True, it would be nice to have both of these infos instead of only one of them then.

1 minute ago, CephalonUnknown said:

Oh, right. That did get mentioned at one point didn't it? True, it would be nice to have both of these infos instead of only one of them then.

MANY frames could use a better HUD, like frost having the hp % of all his 4 globes.

1 minute ago, Trichouette said:

MANY frames could use a better HUD, like frost having the hp % of all his 4 globes.

Also, a very good example. Also, this just came to mind because your current profile picture depicts Atlas. It would be nice to have the hp % for his rumblers as well.

Just now, CephalonUnknown said:

Also, a very good example. Also, this just came to mind because your current profile picture depicts Atlas. It would be nice to have the hp % for his rumblers as well.

well it would be nicer if they didn't have a duration in the first place...

I once thought about making a whole thread about all the tiny things HUD could display that would help every frames, and then I thought "whatever, devs won't even notice that thread anyway"

Just now, Trichouette said:

well it would be nicer if they didn't have a duration in the first place...

I once thought about making a whole thread about all the tiny things HUD could display that would help every frames, and then I thought "whatever, devs won't even notice that thread anyway"

That's kind of what I thought when I was creating this thread as well but I figured "Hey, why not give it a shot, who knows".

Honestly it would be simpler if they just revert SOTD back to what it was before this change.
They emphasized that the reason for this was to "reduce performance issues" and as I have mentioned on many posts, this has proven to be false as the issue still remains, meaning that the reducing of shadows didn't change a thing.

We need DE to notice this.