Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Killing two Ospreys with one Glaive. Wukong and Nullifiers.

Gorila_Azul

An idea just popped up in my head. Two problems could be dealt with in one simple addition: the emergency of balancing Nullifiers and the (much less debated) lack of universal appeal and usability for Wukong.

His first ability, Iron Jab, is, at the end of the day, just a poke. a thrust with the Iron Staff. Why not make it so it can instantly pop Nullifier bubbles? A strong addition to a generally unused frame who lacks such unique features and practicality and one more move against a unit who is still far from being well balanced.

zTGKH9s.png Like so.

Maybe other abilities could receive the same treatment on the account of it making sense because of their their nature. 

Would it be fair? Would it be band-aid? Thoughts?

Edited by Gorila_Azul

1 minute ago, Gorila_Azul said:

Would it be band-aid?

Yes, it would.

Quite simply, you'd grant a most demanded ability to a frame that can't do anything else for the team. Just like the proposed augment to the mitter, it would simply lead touse and abuse of the frame not due to an improvement of quality, but due to be the only one thing to be able to deal-- in a really cheap way-- with a general annoyance.

Sorry, will have to say no to that idea.

19 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

Quite simply, you'd grant a most demanded ability to a frame that can't do anything else for the team. Just like the proposed augment to the mitter, it would simply lead touse and abuse of the frame not due to an improvement of quality, but due to be the only one thing to be able to deal-- in a really cheap way-- with a general annoyance.

Well, no organized, coordinated team is going to take Wukong, even if he had this ability. Very few people, who don't play Wukong would take him just for the sake of this one ability. I mean, no matter how wanted the possibility of bursting nulli bubbles is, I very much doubt many people would let it dictate their frame choice, especially if said frame isn't very popular to begin with. Hell, people get upset that nullies dictate their weapon choice, despite having three weapon slots. For the record, I'm not happy about it either. Quite frankly, I can't see the abuse you're talking of, therefore I am all for giving the Monkey King this one, in general scheme of things, minor upgrade.

1 hour ago, Gorila_Azul said:

JUDcteQ.gif

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLL :D 

but I also have to agree. We should wish better for Wukong than such a limiting trademark. 

Ok my turn in wishful thinkinig ^^ 

We get a much better melee combo system for the game and Wukongs Ultimate gets about 10 well animated unique combos. Each combo has unique effects at the first stirke or in the middle or with the last strike depending on effect. Procs, takedown, 10 second movement speed etc etc.....

5 hours ago, Gorila_Azul said:

His first ability, Iron Jab, is, at the end of the day, just a poke. a thrust with the Iron Staff. Why not make it so it can instantly pop Nullifier bubbles

This would just cheese any nullifier with just a button press "if" it was considered, iron jab deals mainly knockdown and at high strength would be instant.

I like the idea but it's not a challenge towards Wukong so I disagree.

What nullifier needs is a alert to notify players of their presence nearby, either by sound or minimap icon, their bubble shouldn't be able to go through walls as well, and I can deal with them if they are in front of me.

Edited by (PS4)Deception_Pharo

4 hours ago, Lijka said:

Well, no organized, coordinated team is going to take Wukong, even if he had this ability. Very few people, who don't play Wukong would take him just for the sake of this one ability. I mean, no matter how wanted the possibility of bursting nulli bubbles is, I very much doubt many people would let it dictate their frame choice, especially if said frame isn't very popular to begin with. Hell, people get upset that nullies dictate their weapon choice, despite having three weapon slots. For the record, I'm not happy about it either. Quite frankly, I can't see the abuse you're talking of, therefore I am all for giving the Monkey King this one, in general scheme of things, minor upgrade.

Interjecting here:

If this was to happen, then everyone would use Wukong and once devs see this, nerf hammer would be inbound.

5 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

Tanking all damage and being able to dish out even more is nothing? Since when?

And aggro the enemy or groups of enemy, also using cloud walker to stop a team mate from dying or protect a fellow Tenno from reviving another, while you hover cloud walker over him.

Clearing a cone of enemies in front of you, for narrow paths, using iron jab.

43 minutes ago, (PS4)Deception_Pharo said:

Interjecting here:

If this was to happen, then everyone would use Wukong and once devs see this, nerf hammer would be inbound.

As I explained in the post you quoted, I do not believe it would be the case. People don't like changing one weapon out of three, nt to mention a frame.

6 minutes ago, Lijka said:

As I explained in the post you quoted, I do not believe it would be the case. People don't like changing one weapon out of three, nt to mention a frame.

I disagree, people would use him, especially with void or sortie, many would consider him since he has defy, PF and instant pop a bubble, since defy can be used with any weapon regardless of primary or secondary, and not to mention that cloud walker is a life saver so I don't see why not.

Edited by (PS4)Deception_Pharo

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Deception_Pharo said:

I disagree, people would use him, especially with void or sortie, many would consider him since he has defy, PF and instant pop a bubble, since defy can be used with any weapon regardless of primary or secondary, and not to mention that cloud walker is a life saver so I don't see why not.

Same reason people don't use him now. One situational ability would not change it :)