The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Health Issue) We need to be able to disable nekros prime wings

-Tzek4-

Can you make his wings as a second auxiliary attachment that we can choose to attach or not attach if we want. They stick out very widely from his body and flap around so close to the camera it feels similar to someone it constantly waving a feather in your face. They are very distracting. I'd much rather use his normal mortos binds (though I'm sure everyone would appreciate a PBR update to them with better ability to tint them). Maybe giving him a second auxiliary slot would be beneficial.

1 minute ago, beckettb said:

Are all the other threads on this closed? or did you check before posting?

Don't see any threads on this on the first or second pages of General, Warframes & Abilities, or Art, Animation, UI subforums. That's a pretty good check before posting, so take your snark somewhere else. 

7 minutes ago, weezedog said:

Don't see any threads on this on the first or second pages of General, Warframes & Abilities, or Art, Animation, UI subforums. That's a pretty good check before posting, so take your snark somewhere else. 

There's a search button. And it's a pretty bad check to be honest ._. I always try to use both before opening a topic.

Edited by NightmareT12

same goes for everything else that is by default (trin`s skirt, chroma`s beaver tail, etc)

speak of motion sickness, they should add a togglable mode for it in gameplay settings, for stuff like nezha warding halo and all that not to bother anyone and still keep it for those who like the OG animation (me included ^.^)

Edited by Bizzaro21
I feel your pain BTW

This is a symptom of a bigger issue. Bulkier frames, like Rhino, Atlas, the dangly pigtails on nezha. We need a 'transparency' option for our frames, so while we are aiming our warframe goes invisible or very seethrough, enemies could get highlighted through our frame, though I think the transparency option would be best.

Hi. I know. I might be a sole exception to the fashionframe movement... Let's put it this way; I was born careless for cosmetics in gaming.

There, I said it. :)

As a direct consequence I do not dress my frame in any capes, ponchos, rugs, etc.

Now, Nekros Prime came with something resembling bat-wings, or teared syndana, or something. Aside from not being my favorite visual element, which is completely irrelevant, it is constantly obscuring viewpoint/hud while playing. It really bothers me.

Could we have the option to not display these additions on the Nekros Prime, please, or in any way hide them? If that would be the only option, I would even buy a skin that would have them removed. Please? :D

Edited by proba0

The "bat wings" seem to be a Primed version of the old Mortos Binds accessory, but they're integrated with the frame and aren't optional. The finger noodle also isn't optional. The "Primed Mortos Binds" clip with the rest of the model in any pose even when standing completely still, too.

Then again, DE nerfed the loot yield and energy cost of Desecrate while giving Nekros Prime more shields and max energy (instead of health and armor, for example, which would have been far more useful), so there's plenty for everyone to dislike about this Prime Access season.

His overall design is pretty cool and interesting, so that's nice, and Uru Prime and Acanthus Prime are fantastic.

Edited by Kastorius

31 minutes ago, Kastorius said:

The "bat wings" seem to be a Primed version of the old Mortos Binds accessory, but they're integrated with the frame and aren't optional. The finger noodle also isn't optional. The "Primed Mortos Binds" clip with the rest of the model in any pose even when standing completely still, too.

Then again, DE nerfed the loot yield and energy cost of Desecrate while giving Nekros Prime more shields and max energy (instead of health and armor, for example, which would have been far more useful), so there's plenty for everyone to dislike about this Prime Access season.

His overall design is pretty cool and interesting, so that's nice, and Uru Prime and Acanthus Prime are fantastic.

That's not true.

Where the hell do people take that from?

If those were Mortos Prime, they'd be 100% optional. They're the same as any other Prime attachment, like the ponytails and the tentacles.

3 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

If those were Mortos Prime, they'd be 100% optional. They're the same as any other Prime attachment, like the ponytails and the tentacles.

Well, other than the fact that they're absolutely huge and stick way, way out.

Looks like you're right though, since it turns out you can actually stick Mortos Binds onto the bat wings and make it look even gaudier!

Edited by Kastorius

1 hour ago, Sebbertoa said:

Fashionframe problems 101.

2 hours ago, proba0 said:

.. Let's put it this way; I was born careless for cosmetics in gaming.

As a direct consequence I do not dress my frame in any capes, ponchos, rugs, etc.

Aside from not being my favorite visual element, which is completely irrelevant,

it is constantly obscuring viewpoint/hud while playing. It really bothers me.

read 

23 hours ago, weezedog said:

I'm not going to necro a thread that gets buried, if it's not on the first few pages it's going to get reposted. 

Also last time I checked complaining about someone's compliant is a meta compliant and again the rules. 

Uh, what? Thought a meta complaint was anticipating a complaint and creating a thread complaining about it.

Regardless, there's no rule breaking here pointing out the efficiency of searching prior to creating a thread. That isn't a meta complaint either way.

So I recently acquired Nekros prime, while I love most of the new model- I find his back shoulder "wings" keep flicking over most of my camera view of him while moving, especially when looking slightly upwards and to the side, as I often need to when speeding through a level. It's very irritating to me, like someone constantly flicking a flannel across half my screen.

This problem is not just limited to him though- several warframes have attachments that many find irritating- Trinity's skirt and Saryn Orphids massive shoulder flower to name but two. I have seen several threads of people offering to pay plat just for the option of removing them, not even replacing them with something new.

Oddly some warframes already have their attachments replaceable- for example Banshee and Frost Prime's shoulder pads.

To fix this and hopefully any similar issues in future, I would like to see an expanded "Miscellaneous" section in the arsenals appearance section. It is already available for Nekros (with Mortos Binds) and Valkyr (with Valkyr's bonds). This section could be used to not only remove some of the more "bold" aesthetic attachments but also serve as a basis to add alternatives to them. I don't like the Orphids shoulder flower, but if the artists at DE (or maybe a steam workshopper) came up with a smaller alternative I did like- I'd almost certainly buy it along with the (otherwise) beautiful Saryn skin itself.

Happier players, more sales, and room for future customisation. Fashion frame is real, and is a great thing, but it needs a little love.

But is the flower on Saryn's skin a part of the same mesh?

I didn't like the results due the lack of animation stretching on those frames, since they're not a part of the same mesh anymore, and now clip horribly. So I can't advocate for it.

Also Auxiliary slot needed for this could pose a problem, specially on Nekros Prime.

Edited by NightmareT12