Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Listing ArchWing in the alert notifications in-game

Rakosta_Kai

As noted in the title.

DE, can you please make this addition to the alerts notification  and navigation screen in the orbiter/liset (not sure which it is any more) in-game.

You could throw an AW or the archwing symbol in front of the mission mode and that would suffice if space is at issue.

I personally do not enjoy Archwing as a mission mode now, but I like it even less when I find myself stumbling into a random alert unprepared because I either didn't know it was Archwing based, or the 3 second timer wasn't long enough to give me the time to configure and prepare to complete them.

While I can't speak for others, I sure would appreciate this change to the game added as its' impact would only be positive.

I think they get a bonus on how many players show up and immediately leave or something....

These days i just abort, i cannot stand the new AW movement system, old system i probably would have toughed it out and finished.   Defintily need a warning that the alert is in an inferior part of the game.

Edited by Kyronz

but you can see if the alert is AW from click on the alert/choosing it from the alert menu. >.> 

ALSO. afaik, every AW alert was on an already AW node (unlike the old starchart), so just memorizing the AW nodes (which aren't a lot....looking at you DE) will solve this 

imo, we don't need any UI changes and stuff like that, just pay attention to the little things for once ;) 

1 hour ago, Kenshin98 said:

but you can see if the alert is AW from click on the alert/choosing it from the alert menu. >.> 

No, you can't actually... You can see the icon if you stop the countdown or the countdown waits for more players. if you are in any mode that's not public you have 3 seconds to do so.

Lastly, the Map itself is unremarkable with what mission is being chosen unless you have navigated to the planet and clicked on it directly.

1 hour ago, Kenshin98 said:

ALSO. afaik, every AW alert was on an already AW node (unlike the old starchart), so just memorizing the AW nodes (which aren't a lot....looking at you DE) will solve this 

imo, we don't need any UI changes and stuff like that, just pay attention to the little things for once ;) 

Couple things here:

• Committing such things to memory in a game that's known for changes to maps and nodes is unwise imo... Not to mention the aspects of retention and clutter it causes.
  • You assertion leaves every new player at a distinct disadvantage because they then get dropped into a mission that they may not be prepared for. This causes a headache for groups and the player alike. 

Simply put, it takes little to no effort for DE to add something asserting the mission is an AW mission and such a change only offers a positive impact because If you don't need it, you are unaffected by it anyway.

...Or can you highlight how someone like yourself is negatively impacted by such a change?    

Edited by Padre_Akais
because "are" is important

9 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

No, you can't actually... You can see the icon if you stop the countdown or the countdown waits for more players. if you are in any mode that's not public you have 3 seconds to do so.

Lastly, the Map itself is unremarkable with what mission is being chosen unless you have navigated to the planet and clicked on it directly.

Couple things here:

• Committing such things to memory in a game that's known for changes to maps and nodes is unwise imo... Not to mention the aspects of retention and clutter it causes.
  • You assertion leaves every new player at a distinct disadvantage because they then get dropped into a mission that they may not be prepared for. This causes a headache for groups and the player alike. 

Simply put, it takes little to no effort for DE to add something asserting the mission is an AW mission and such a change only offers a positive impact because If you don't need it, you are unaffected by it anyway.

...Or can you highlight how someone like yourself is negatively impacted by such a change?    

ok....we have some work to do here: 

first. it's not that hard to open the alert menu, see what NM mode alert is on (earth for example), then if you couldn't for any reason remember missions names (which hadn't changed ever since AW was released btw) then simply going to earth and checking the ONLY AW mission on the planet (which is VERY distinctive since it's outside the planet and it shows an excalibur wearing an AW....I can't see how you could miss that) is good enough 

basically, imo, the only reason you could mistake an alert for an AW alert is that you go to the alert menu, click on the alert and then you go straight for the mission then you find out it's an AW, which has happened to me a couple of times. instead of just choosing the alert from the menu, just see which planet the alert is on, go to that planet and then check if the AW mission on that planet has an alert or not. some planets don't even have an AW mission so that's even better for you 

like I said, there's a lot of tools and ways not to get screwed by this, just think a bit. and my issue is that there's a lot more that can be done (to UI at least) instead of focusing on a tiny AW symbol 

also, and I think this solves pretty much everything, if you could choosing a mission/alert then you DO NOT go straight for the mission like now, but have the option to accept. this was a thing before SotR, but they removed it for some reason

3 hours ago, Kenshin98 said:

ok....we have some work to do here: 

first. it's not that hard to open the alert menu, see what NM mode alert is on (earth for example), then if you couldn't for any reason remember missions names (which hadn't changed ever since AW was released btw) then simply going to earth and checking the ONLY AW mission on the planet (which is VERY distinctive since it's outside the planet and it shows an excalibur wearing an AW....I can't see how you could miss that) is good enough 

basically, imo, the only reason you could mistake an alert for an AW alert is that you go to the alert menu, click on the alert and then you go straight for the mission then you find out it's an AW, which has happened to me a couple of times. instead of just choosing the alert from the menu, just see which planet the alert is on, go to that planet and then check if the AW mission on that planet has an alert or not. some planets don't even have an AW mission so that's even better for you 

like I said, there's a lot of tools and ways not to get screwed by this, just think a bit. and my issue is that there's a lot more that can be done (to UI at least) instead of focusing on a tiny AW symbol 

also, and I think this solves pretty much everything, if you could choosing a mission/alert then you DO NOT go straight for the mission like now, but have the option to accept. this was a thing before SotR, but they removed it for some reason

...To be frank with you, my work just got reduced dramatically because you just wrote alot of lines supporting my request for all intents and purposes.

The functionality in the alert taking you directly to either matchmaking, countdown, or directly to the mission exists to remove all of the convoluted steps you just described.

Think a bit (to coin your phrase)...Why would they have a mechanic that did that if it wasn't for ease of use? —They wouldn't.

Your entire stance removes the notion of that ease of use.

Your  assertion that "there's alot of tools" amounts to:

• Memorize the nodes
  • Don't use the alert function but navigate to each mission from the map itself.

...These methods are actually the exact opposite of tools— They would be more appropriately called "work-arounds" or "hurdles" and are why I am asking for the addition.

You can keep bringing those up if you want, but it won't make them any less of a work-around or hurdle to ease of use.

...And you didn't actually answer my question:

13 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

One can only surmise that you actually can't do this which is why you didn't.

I respect your opinion, but I am don't see your opinion being relevant. This is because you aren't impacted by the request in any way that isn't actually some strange form of righteous indignation.