Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A salty rant on Nekros Prime relic farm

ToaSirian

So I would really like to get Nekros Prime, but after having researched on how to get him, my motivation was at an all time low.

To start off, what has been said before, instead of the parts dropped from old relics, we have to farm the new ones first.

These are the new relics:

Blueprint Axi N3 Rare
Neuroptics Meso F1 Uncommon
Chassis Lith N1 Common
Axi G1 Common
Systems Neo N3 Rare

The drop chances themselves:

Quality           Common Uncommon Rare

Intact (default)  76%        22%          2%

Exceptional       70%        26%         4%

Flawless            60%       34%          6%

Radiant             50%       40%          10%

__________________________________________________________________________________

Now the drop locations of these relics, starting with the hardest one (mob level wise):

Axi N3:

Europa: Cholistan (DS-Exc) Rotation C: Chance : 1/8  

Uranus:  Assur (DS-Surv)  Rotation C: Chance : 1/8  

Caelus (A-Int) Rotation C: Chance : 1/8  

Ophelia (Surv) Rotation C: Chance : 1/8

Stephano (Int) Rotation B: Chance :1/7 C: Chance :1/8

Lua:  Stofler (Def) Rotation B: Chance :1/8 C: Chance :1/8

Tycho (Surv) Rotation C: Chance : 1/8

Neptune: ....

The list goes on, visit http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Void_Relic for the full list, you can find out about it yourself.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Worst case scenario (theoretically, and taking into account you already have enough traces).

If you get all respective relics before you get the one you need, rotation c, which means 15 minutes per run, you`ll be farming 2 hours.

The drop chance of a rare item from a radiant relic is still only 10%.

Thus it would take 10 runs to get the item. 10 runs is 10 Relics.If 1 relic is 2 hours, 10 relics is at least 20 hours of farming.

To get the Nerkos Prime Blueprint, in a worst case scenario, would take 20 hours of farming, if you`d get a guaranteed relic, which sadly isn't the case. (common mods drop mostly)

__________________________________________________________________________________________

I rather have my stock of void keys and go ham on those, to be honest. What the hell were you thinking DE.

Farming the void keys was less time consuming than the relic system. Time is something I don't have in my daily life.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Why i don't buy off other players, nor buy Prime acces:

The people who get the items really early are people who are glued to their chairs, willing to sacrifice a lot of their time. Time I don't have. So my best option is to buy the parts from other players. With plat. That is the other thing i don't have, and the reason i don't buy prime access, is because i don't have that mush money to spend.

____________________________________________________________________________________

It also punishes solo players, but that is a different topic in and of its own.

Edited by ToaSirian
small addition

21 minutes ago, PrimeDCookieMonstah said:

Yes, and? You know that half of the community or more that actually farmed, already got those relics not to mention Nekros P - Tigris P - Galatine P.

The people who get the items really early are people who are glued to their chairs, willing to sacrifice a lot of their time. Time I don't have. So my best option is to buy the parts from other players. With plat. That is the other thing i don't have, and the reason i don't buy prime access, is because i don't have that mush money to spend.

Just now, ToaSirian said:

Judging from the post above you, that ain't the case.

And what? You want to go back to the old void system?

The one that literally everyone complained was too time-consuming?

Yeah, no thanks. I'll take void relics over cancer-keys any day.

11 minutes ago, ToaSirian said:

The people who get the items really early are people who are glued to their chairs, willing to sacrifice a lot of their time.

I got Nekros Prime and Galatine Prime without being glued to my chair. It's all about RNG. I desperately tried to get Nekros P system i admit, but i still got it. Its all about patience. And relax, Nekros PA just got released.

Take your time, if you are in a friendly clan get 3 clan mates, and farm 2-3 days (not straight, but within those hours you can) for relics, don't waste them (Use that small amount of hours you got to purely farm the relics), then farm for traces, stock as many traces as you can -meaning your cap (Best option and fastest one is getting a resource booster and if u got smeeta kavat and let that Charm buff proc), on the 4th day make your relics radiant and start wasting them. At least thats how i did, Farmed relics for 2 days stacking them (Though i admit here also 1st day i thought if i rush those 1 relic each i will sure get 1 part, when i got none), 3rd day grinded Traces with booster and today i got the nekros-galatine.

Edited by PrimeDCookieMonstah

13 minutes ago, (PS4)xxChriz_YFG said:

I think the ability to actually farm the keys ahead of time would make me ok with relics, and reduce all the Nitain Extrats needed. Booben needs almost 25 to build

20 Nitains. And you know that Relics don't get Vaulted so you have a chance to farm vaulted frame if you keep the relics which you couldn't do in the old void.

i played all i could this week ... had relics saved .. and bought 12 relic packs from the syndicates ..

saved up all my void traces ... 

11 radaint runs ( with 3 other radiants)  ... nothing ...  im not farming that much for nothing to drop 

^^^ thats a whole week worth of game time for me 

Edited by Wild_Billy

Just now, Wild_Billy said:

i played all i could this week ... had relics saved .. and bought 12 relic packs from the syndicates ..

saved up all my void traces ... 

11 radaint runs ( with 3 other radiants)  ... nothing ...  im not farming that much for nothing to drop 

^^^ thats a whole week worth of game time for me 

This is true. DE replaced mud with dirt on our dinner table. Same amount of grind as before, with some prime parts even more.

4 hours ago, Tricky5hift said:

Judging from the post above you, that ain't the case.

And what? You want to go back to the old void system?

The one that literally everyone complained was too time-consuming?

Yeah, no thanks. I'll take void relics over cancer-keys any day.

The new system is even more time consuming, and you are acting like those are the only two options. Instead of adding in a new, convoluted system that just increases grind and confusion, DE could have just raised the drops rates for the items on keys, and it would have been problem friggin' solved. Don't act like the new system is better just because it has slightly higher drop rates when you use a radiant relic when DE could have simply raised the drop rates under the old system.

5 hours ago, ToaSirian said:

Its  a F2P game... if you don't have time to farm then you have to wait a month or buy the item. It's coming into the first weekend. Your "worst case scenario" is a little too pessimistic.

First off the RNG on Excavation (removing the guarenteed reward ffrom B) was a null change or an improvement. I've failed to get 1 Relic per 4 Extractors exactly once out of 10 trips to 2000 cryotic, about 5 of the trips i was 1 per 4 and the other 4 trips I was above 1 per 4 by a relic or 2. As long as they don't reduce that it's a fairly even change.

I got LOTS of Axi G1 and few N3s and like 1 T1, but I was able to trade some Axi G1 for Axi T1s, so that's a wash.

I played a bunch on Tuesday a a little Wednesday night and Thursday night, a bit on Friday and Most of Saturday. Maybe 20 hours.

I have accumulated 3 sets of Galatine, 2 Sets of Nekros and most of Tigris other that the pesky BP (short on those T1s still).

This is not too hard. 20 hours of play time for new primes is not too hard. If you play 20 hours in 3 days  you get it in 3 days. If you play 20 hours in 20 days you have to wait 20 days (that's not even a month). this prime will not be vaulted for YEARS.

The game simply can not be balanced around allowing someone who "has limited time to play" to get the new prime in a day or two. That means it takes only an hour or 2 in game time.... that's ridiculous.

Now I hate the relic system for many other reasons (even that it's actually too easy to get the sets too fast), and I MUCH prefer the old key and void system. but not being able to get the new prime sets fast enough is not a complaint one can seriously make.

Edited by Shockwave-

2 minutes ago, DiosGX said:

Out of 7 relic packs bought from syndicates, 8 were new relics for new primes.

Bought 4 more yesterday. 4 were new relics. Just fyi OP.

Even if you do get the keys that way, you still have to farm for traces if you want a shot at getting the item and then comes the 2nd layer of rng, despite all the math that DE white knights throw getting a rare with 4 radiants is not as easy as you guys paint it, I already blew up all my stacked 1200 traces plus the others I farmed after all on all radiant runs.

The 4 or 3 formas and 1 useless prime in full radiant runs that appeared in a thread here are not that uncommon despite what DE White Knights claim. Remember these complains might come from 1 person but it happens to 4 guys at the same time.

They new system makes things feel like you have a high chance once you get to the final stage of rng where you actually play the fissure with your radiant relic. You are forced to face rng for the new relics every time now instead of gathering them up ahead of time from regular play.

The new way "feels" nice but don't forget you are theoretically also eating up your keys at 4 times the rate which just means more grind.

29 minutes ago, NeonNemesis said:

Even if you do get the keys that way, you still have to farm for traces if you want a shot at getting the item and then comes the 2nd layer of rng, despite all the math that DE white knights throw getting a rare with 4 radiants is not as easy as you guys paint it, I already blew up all my stacked 1200 traces plus the others I farmed after all on all radiant runs.

The 4 or 3 formas and 1 useless prime in full radiant runs that appeared in a thread here are not that uncommon despite what DE White Knights claim. Remember these complains might come from 1 person but it happens to 4 guys at the same time.

well 1200 traces is 12 radients. You should, on average get the part after 3 runs on average but lets say 4 just to be safe.

That means you should have gotten the Nekros Prime bp, The Tigirs BP, and the Galatine BP on your 1200 traces.

Now you also got 18 traces per run (average) so in 12 runes you got 216 traces back, more if you brought your smeeta or had a booster.

When you farmed those 12 relics you ran radient odds are you gor 36 other relics (i'm getting the new ones about 1:3 but lets say 1:4).

So now you can run those 36 other relics you got for ducat fodder and traces. This is like running a 60 minutes suvival for 3 C rewards. You got ducats in between so here is the separeated ducat farm, since you can run those 12 relics super fast (much faster than Rotation C survivals oe defenses in the past) this is where your time sink kicks in.

So run those 36 other relics and get 18x36 traces = 648 traces. So without a booster or smeeta you are back up to 864 traces.

---------------------------------

You need to run 4 Radient Neo N3s for Nekros systems so you radiant them (-400 traces) but get 72 = back (536)

You need to run Meso F1s but you only need to go to flawless for uncommons (50 traces for 3% isn't worth it), and you only need 2 runs to get 78% to get your item So you run 2 meso F1s (100 traces) but you get back  36 so you are down to 472

Same math for the Galatine Handle 3 runs, 10 traces spent 36 back = 408

Same math for the Tigris Receiver. 100 traces spent 36 back = 344

Same Math for the Tigris Barrel: 100 traces spent, 36 back = 280 traces

At this point you have also had to farm 4+2+2+2+2= 12 relics. At 1:4 you have 36 relics in your stock you haven't run which you could for traces (netting you 648 traces back = 928) but ou don't have to do that now.

-----------------------------------

There are only 2 parts left.

Trigris Stock - common, no traces. You have a 67% chance to get this in one run. and a 90% chance in 2 runs, but to counter any extra runs above lets say 2 runs

Galatine Blade  -0 runs. Likely you got this from a failed Axi G1 run, or a failed Neo V3 run or a failed Neo V2 run for the other parts, but if not, 1 run should be enough to push the odds to likely. 

So 3 relics no traces, 12 relics farmed (216 traces in you run them all = 1144).

Don't forget the average runs for Rares is 3 runs on a radiant share, but I did the math at 4. so this represent bad luck.  Also the 1 new relic for every 4 relics gained which I think is high.

You have to farm 108 relics. to get the ones you need and if you run all 108 you are back to over 1100 traces when you end off. If you want to end up at zero traces to get it faster you have to run 45 total fissure runs.

----------------------------------------------------------

YMMV for farming depending on how you farm and how fast you run fissures, and if you have guild mates to run with or have to setup missions with strangers.

farming the relics in various extractions you get better than a relic every 4 extractors if done with a decent team of 4 you can overlap extractors up to 16 which has been averaging 5-6 relics for me. Even at 5 thats 20 missions to 1600, that's quite a bit (say 20+25 minute missions) = 8 hous

Running the fissures you need to run = 45* 8 minutes per fissue mission or so = 6 hours.

So 14 game hours to get all three new primes. Without Smeeta, Without Booster, Without buying relic packs from Syndicates which can all shorten that time considerably.

Compare to Vauban prime where a 5% drop rate on rotation C meant 15 20 minute survivals (to get a 75% chance, and 15 30 minute (20 wave) defense missions. Which is 12.5 hours just to get the 2 rarest parts of Vauban Prime.

I'm not a fan of the relic system. I liked void better, but it's hard to argue with the numbers.

3 hours ago, NeonNemesis said:

Yeah, that's not new though. 

What IS new, is the fact you can encounter other randoms who get lucky... that you can get their luck as well. Just play the game and let fall into your lap what does. You might have "fun" or something. o3o 

I honestly think, that the mods should be removed from the drop tables of endless missions, or they should introduce it again as a guaranteed drop for the b or c rotation. Because getting 3 or less relics out of 10 rotations is quite annoying, before i could at least 5 of them...

1 hour ago, Takkov said:

I honestly think, that the mods should be removed from the drop tables of endless missions, or they should introduce it again as a guaranteed drop for the b or c rotation. Because getting 3 or less relics out of 10 rotations is quite annoying, before i could at least 5 of them...

xini round 3&4 are guaranteed Axi relics, and it ends faster than survival. I still don't like the fact that I have to farm new relics but with 12 hours gameplay I managed to farm all new prime parts except the blueprints with radiant shares, with old void key system this at least takes triple longer 

23 hours ago, Shockwave- said:

well 1200 traces is 12 radients. You should, on average get the part after 3 runs on average but lets say 4 just to be safe.

That means you should have gotten the Nekros Prime bp, The Tigirs BP, and the Galatine BP on your 1200 traces.

Now you also got 18 traces per run (average) so in 12 runes you got 216 traces back, more if you brought your smeeta or had a booster.

When you farmed those 12 relics you ran radient odds are you gor 36 other relics (i'm getting the new ones about 1:3 but lets say 1:4).

So now you can run those 36 other relics you got for ducat fodder and traces. This is like running a 60 minutes suvival for 3 C rewards. You got ducats in between so here is the separeated ducat farm, since you can run those 12 relics super fast (much faster than Rotation C survivals oe defenses in the past) this is where your time sink kicks in.

So run those 36 other relics and get 18x36 traces = 648 traces. So without a booster or smeeta you are back up to 864 traces.

---------------------------------

You need to run 4 Radient Neo N3s for Nekros systems so you radiant them (-400 traces) but get 72 = back (536)

You need to run Meso F1s but you only need to go to flawless for uncommons (50 traces for 3% isn't worth it), and you only need 2 runs to get 78% to get your item So you run 2 meso F1s (100 traces) but you get back  36 so you are down to 472

Same math for the Galatine Handle 3 runs, 10 traces spent 36 back = 408

Same math for the Tigris Receiver. 100 traces spent 36 back = 344

Same Math for the Tigris Barrel: 100 traces spent, 36 back = 280 traces

At this point you have also had to farm 4+2+2+2+2= 12 relics. At 1:4 you have 36 relics in your stock you haven't run which you could for traces (netting you 648 traces back = 928) but ou don't have to do that now.

-----------------------------------

There are only 2 parts left.

Trigris Stock - common, no traces. You have a 67% chance to get this in one run. and a 90% chance in 2 runs, but to counter any extra runs above lets say 2 runs

Galatine Blade  -0 runs. Likely you got this from a failed Axi G1 run, or a failed Neo V3 run or a failed Neo V2 run for the other parts, but if not, 1 run should be enough to push the odds to likely. 

So 3 relics no traces, 12 relics farmed (216 traces in you run them all = 1144).

Don't forget the average runs for Rares is 3 runs on a radiant share, but I did the math at 4. so this represent bad luck.  Also the 1 new relic for every 4 relics gained which I think is high.

You have to farm 108 relics. to get the ones you need and if you run all 108 you are back to over 1100 traces when you end off. If you want to end up at zero traces to get it faster you have to run 45 total fissure runs.

----------------------------------------------------------

YMMV for farming depending on how you farm and how fast you run fissures, and if you have guild mates to run with or have to setup missions with strangers.

farming the relics in various extractions you get better than a relic every 4 extractors if done with a decent team of 4 you can overlap extractors up to 16 which has been averaging 5-6 relics for me. Even at 5 thats 20 missions to 1600, that's quite a bit (say 20+25 minute missions) = 8 hous

Running the fissures you need to run = 45* 8 minutes per fissue mission or so = 6 hours.

So 14 game hours to get all three new primes. Without Smeeta, Without Booster, Without buying relic packs from Syndicates which can all shorten that time considerably.

Compare to Vauban prime where a 5% drop rate on rotation C meant 15 20 minute survivals (to get a 75% chance, and 15 30 minute (20 wave) defense missions. Which is 12.5 hours just to get the 2 rarest parts of Vauban Prime.

I'm not a fan of the relic system. I liked void better, but it's hard to argue with the numbers.

What you forgot about your math is rngesus does not care about your math.

Edited by Aristical

Spent two days farming for 8+ hours a day to get 4 axi n3 relics and also radiant them

Ran all 4 with a full group of radiants and still haven't gotten the drop. That's 16 individual chance for it to drop that failed. **** you DE and **** your **** relic system. Why can't it be in one of the other relics that I have 30+ of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8aqbEmOj4M

Edited by Funkenstein