Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A salty rant on Nekros Prime relic farm

ToaSirian

Keys are boring, Relics become boring. I like relics variety. I liked keys simplifications. Relics are more interesting, keys are as basic as it gets. But the things is, Keys don't have alterable chance ratios. If I were running a key for Nekros prime, it'd mean I would never get him. Radiant at least gives me a real chance. Cancer Keys, RNG Relics. take your pick, either one has it's pros and cons. At least now everything has the same drop chance. Meaning rares all should be the SAME PRICE. Which for now while we still rely on the outdated trade system, isn't the case. But I'd be happy for it to turn out like that.

Where was I going with this again?...

Oh yeah, Grinding sucks. Either way they both have things that make them equally garbage, but personally I'm happy to run relics since at least I have some choice in the mission I'm running. And I have more choice over the drop rate..

Keys give you no power over choice, either way rip normal life.

13 hours ago, Aristical said:

What you forgot about your math is rngesus does not care about your math.

There can always be some wierd RNG in any system like this but there could be in the old system as well. That is neither hre nor there. It was a comparison of the average times.

Nekros, Galatine and Tigris prices in trade chat have already dropped below what Vauban was selling for a week after it was released. Prices in trade chat for just about every other prime set have been cut in half or more since SOTR. That alone tells you one simple fact. They are easier to get. If they were more of a pain to get, prices would be higher.

10 hours ago, Funkenstein said:

Spent two days farming for 8+ hours a day to get 4 axi n3 relics and also radiant them

Ran all 4 with a full group of radiants and still haven't gotten the drop. That's 16 individual chance for it to drop that failed. **** you DE and **** your **** relic system. Why can't it be in one of the other relics that I have 30+ of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8aqbEmOj4M

4 Runs means you should have gotten it on average but in no way is the chance high enough to complain about yet. When you run the G1s or T1s you might get that one first try, and it will all even out. That's RNG works, the longer you do it the more you will close in on the average of 2.9 runs (of 4 person raident relic missions) to get a part.

On 8/30/2016 at 1:23 AM, Shockwave- said:

4 Runs means you should have gotten it on average but in no way is the chance high enough to complain about yet. When you run the G1s or T1s you might get that one first try, and it will all even out. That's RNG works, the longer you do it the more you will close in on the average of 2.9 runs (of 4 person raident relic missions) to get a part.

5 n3's and 5 g1's before I finally got a galante prime bp, now I have to go spend another 30 hours farming relics still trying to get the nekros bp woo yay thanks de such a fun experience you've given me

trading for it is out of the question I refuse to pay 140 plat for a prime item

Edited by Funkenstein

3 hours ago, Funkenstein said:

5 n3's and 5 g1's before I finally got a galante prime bp, now I have to go spend another 30 hours farming relics still trying to get the nekros bp woo yay thanks de such a fun experience you've given me

trading for it is out of the question I refuse to pay 140 plat for a prime item

My group ran 15 G1s before we got Galatine prime BP. Then we got it. We ran 1 N3 got the Nekros bp (twice in the same run actually) Think it took us 6 runs for the systems, but we got the Nekros helm in 1 and the Tigris stock in 1. After selling my first Nekros right off. I we got the BP in 3 runs and the systems in 1. Then 1 for the helm and 1 for the chassis.

Sold 2 Galatines and a Nekros by Friday and had Galatine and Nekros of my own building.on Sun Afternoon. We stalled on Tigiis just due to play time and that we all hate it anyway but we're a bp away from that I'm sure we'll get next time we all hook up to play. We're also particularly efficient at running relics but still, seems like we had dry spells and then quick ones, it seems to even out in the end. There will always be the time you ran 10 in a row and got nothing but law of large numbers will balance that out.

The thing i REALLY fear with the new system is stealth nerfing the relic drops. We will have no idea if next time out the make the new relics "rare" compared to the other drops in Def/Int/Sur/Excavation runs. That is where real grind will set in and it will be invisible. So far I'm still getting a good ratio of new relics to old reilc (1 in 3 relics farmed was a new one, and excavations are giving better than 1 relic per 4 extractors), but that could easily change.

Edited by Shockwave-