Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Spy Missions - Are they ever going to be a thing?

OnTarasMind

So, "kind of" recently, we have gotten Orokin moon spy missions, and ever since the star chart rework, I've been thinking about how the void doesn't have spy missions, which is actually a little mind-boggling to me.

Now, why would we want new spy missions, especially in the void?

Simple, it could be a way of gathering lore that could teach us about the Orokin empire through codex entries that could even include audio. There would be X amount of lore fragments per lore entry, and instead of getting repeats of each lore fragment, you could just get the next piece of it if you were to get a lore fragment from the mission. It could also be a method of bringing back mods that are currently unobtainable.

So, what do you all think? Would void spy missions be an interesting idea, or would it not really be worth it?

Disclaimer - This is an on-the-spot thing that I quickly wrote, even though I have been thinking about void spy missions for awhile. I never really gave them purpose in my thoughts, and I just kind of thought of how they could be given purpose.

4 minutes ago, TrinityPrime said:

Sure, sounds good. Though I wonder if it's already on their todo list. Right after corpus raid with massive coop spy vaults surrounded by nullifier fields.

i can just see people failing the raid cause they trip a laser

Void spy would be really cool :o It would add a new tileset to the void already which tbh I would like to see. As much as I like the void tileset, I'm sick of running the same defence tileset just to farm argon/control module, Void Spy could make it all the better as a change of scenery.

I like the lore idea too, it might actually be doable especially since they added the new cephalon fragments and trapped we get ordis's memories, although to me it does sound like part of a quest rather than a permanent thing, Say an Orokin related quest (possibly a frame quest) and you learn more that way. The mods might actually happen though if they decide to add spy missions, since the new stance was added to sabotage drop tables. Right now the void is really just for argon, control module and that new stance made people go there a bit more.

Doubt this would be happening anytime soon though, They've got their hands full with fixing everything now, and The War Within update still coming, Might be another half a year or year before we see more new things.