The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery 16->17 too hard

DrazeA

Seriously I've tried nearly every combination of frame/mods/gear I can think of and still can't beat it. The orbs are far to random and keep changing between top floor and bottom requiring more time to reach than they grant. maybe a parkour expert could do it but parkour in this game is very finicky and I fall off the side more than I stick my mark. I've mainly used Ember prime as my frame so I can ignore the enemies and head for the orbs but again it's so hard to actually get to them in time, plus they hardly seem to give you any time in the first place. Apparently you used to get more time at the start as well which annoys me. It's also annoying that when you start the test your facing the edge of the stage requiring you to take 1-2 second to reorient the camera else you practically walk right off the stage. I get that completing it is possible for SOME people, but it seems like it's meant for only hardcore expert games with perfect reaction time to complete. That or people with extremely good luck who get all the orbs clustered together.....

Edited by DrazeA

I remember I did most of my tests using Excalibur (for Role Playing purposes) and I didn't have to repeat a lot of tests. The first one I had trouble was the hacking one, because I had never done a hard corpus hack. Then I got lucky with a bunch of others.

Yours in particular had me trying in the Relays before (you know, mastery rank test simulation) but I have no memory of trying it multiple times day after day, from failing.

If you can't even beat the Simulation, quote me on this comment so I can try it for myself (with excalibur) and give a more recent feedback. Cheers!

Ok, my 2 cents advice about this one: I recently managed to beat it with Ember, World On Fire range + efficiency build so that it covers wide area and can be left active for all the duration of the test. Actually, don't care about ennemies: they will come to you and die. Just focus on orbs to get those precious additional seconds.

I must admit I didn't beat it on the first attempt, though. It's a pity you have only one try before getting kicked for 24 hours, it would deserve 3 tries on something, as some other tests do. To me, this is what makes it the most difficult and frustrating.

4 minutes ago, BlitzkriegBob said:

Ok, my 2 cents advice about this one: I recently managed to beat it with Ember, World On Fire range + efficiency build so that it covers wide area and can be left active for all the duration of the test. Actually, don't care about ennemies: they will come to you and die. Just focus on orbs to get those precious additional seconds.

I must admit I didn't beat it on the first attempt, though. It's a pity you have only one try before getting kicked for 24 hours, it would deserve 3 tries on something, as some other tests do. To me, this is what makes it the most difficult and frustrating.

You can always test yourself before trying it out. Go to the Simaris' room in the relays, on the right side is a set of stairs. That's where you can test yourself for the next rank or redo older tests.

1 minute ago, DrazeA said:

I've been continuously practicing in the relay before taking the actual test.

Orthos Prime's reach made it a bit easier for me to hit the orbs. You just gotta be careful on not falling down, it takes a huge chunk of the time. What I did was hit the orbs and while the next hasn't spawned yet kill the enemies.

If you find this time-trial test hard, MR 20 test is harder. It's Archwing and there's like so little time to pass through it. I only cleared the practice using Itzal's Blink.

It's not particularly hard, really. Personally, I went as Ember, dropped a pizza, turn on World on Fire and shot the orbs with my Redeemer. Boom, done. That said, it being a rank 16 to 17 test, you should, by now, have learned to keep up at that level. It's really not hard.

2 minutes ago, Lyravain said:

It's not particularly hard, really. Personally, I went as Ember, dropped a pizza, turn on World on Fire and shot the orbs with my Redeemer. Boom, done. That said, it being a rank 16 to 17 test, you should, by now, have learned to keep up at that level. It's really not hard.

The patched Redeemer. the shotgun blast doesn't work on the orbs anymore.

1 hour ago, secret9005 said:

You can always test yourself before trying it out. Go to the Simaris' room in the relays, on the right side is a set of stairs. That's where you can test yourself for the next rank or redo older tests.

Wasn't aware of this. Thanks for the advice! :D

I used Volt and Azima. 

Start -> pop an Energy pad -> use speed and rush the first orb -> throw Azima's first clip at random while running -> quick-melee orbs AND NEVER BOTHER ATTACKING ENEMIES DIRECTLY -> throw another clip -> use speed again -> repeat

Azima's alternate fire does the job perfectly with a decent build, and you break orbs with at least 2 sec remaining on timer with this tactics.

But contrary to what certain people tend to say, it is a hard test which encourages cheesy behaviour. 

EDITING

Ok, now realized what test you are trying to do with "orbs".

Titania or Volt.

My MAJOR issue is that the I find it extremely disorienting having to look around at the map as it takes me a decent 1-2 seconds to visualize where/how platforms and ramps actually fit together because colors make everything blend in, so I lose a lot of time figuring out how to get somewhere.

Even when I was flying I flew under a ramp and had to fly around TWICE.

Edited by DSpite

3 hours ago, DeadScream said:

But contrary to what certain people tend to say, it is a hard test which encourages cheesy behaviour. 

I think that's what higher mastery test lack. Difficulty. It's supposed to be a test of your skill, like in this one you have to be good at parkouring because if not you'll definitely run out of time. I think the other mastery tests need to be more difficult so that it can actually mean something.

16 hours ago, secret9005 said:

I think that's what higher mastery test lack. Difficulty. It's supposed to be a test of your skill, like in this one you have to be good at parkouring because if not you'll definitely run out of time. I think the other mastery tests need to be more difficult so that it can actually mean something.

I agree with that.

The MR18 test is hard though, enemies hit hard and you either have to kill them very fast or to use a good defensive warframe or your cryopod gets wiped in seconds. The arena provides cover and big open angles for enemies to attack, etc. 

The problem is this : the tests are hard, but our stuff is too powerful and allows us to trivialize what DE thought would be a difficult trial. Or either they consider the choices you make when you pick up certain stuff as a first level of difficulty, and when you succeed this part, the following gets (too much) easier ?

10 hours ago, DeadScream said:

I agree with that.

The MR18 test is hard though, enemies hit hard and you either have to kill them very fast or to use a good defensive warframe or your cryopod gets wiped in seconds. The arena provides cover and big open angles for enemies to attack, etc. 

The problem is this : the tests are hard, but our stuff is too powerful and allows us to trivialize what DE thought would be a difficult trial. Or either they consider the choices you make when you pick up certain stuff as a first level of difficulty, and when you succeed this part, the following gets (too much) easier ?

I used Saryn with gear that isn't maxed and still finished it. I think I dropped a specter just to draw fire. It isn't all that hard compared to the lack of time given in the MR 20 test. I won't be able to clear it if I don't use Itzal.

Well Conclave rating can play a role in making it difficult. Like at base the higher MRs should be difficult, and higher Conclave rating will make it more difficult. Since higher Conclave can mean better mods, it would give the MR tests a better feel in general.