Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Still Waiting On Dojo Fixes

TraumaHunter

My clan is makign steady progress, We are only ~50 people. But yeah....  we got to a point where we have too many projects going and its just circuits holding us back from progressing. 

so im waiting aswell. Not to the point of not playing like you are, but waiting nonetheless

They're prioritizing all fixes, including Dojo issues to Update 9, so it can be fixed, looked through and polished.

The more time it takes, the better. It means they're examining every single issue and polishing them.

I am terribly disappointed with how slow this has been. It was the core of U8 and is still inaccessible for a substantial number of people. I know that this has caused me to play less and have less faith in them as a company.

Edited by Kyrkitao

I feel like theyve talked a little too much abotu update 9 already. It hasnt even been very long since update 8 came out.

But I feel they should fix things in update 8, that update 8 introduced.

like alot of the patches after update 7 was mod reworks and weapon tweaks/balancing.

i look forward to update9, but im also excited about 8.2

These forums are like a ghost town.

The fact that I can see topics where the last post was OVER AN HOUR ago on the first page of GENERAL DISCUSSION...That should be a sign devs.  Compare the views, posts of your most popular topics - the community hot topics:

June 20th: 70 replies 4396 views Topic still open - started 4 days ago.
June 4th: 
162 replies 11645 views Topic was open for 16 days.

May 19th:  
 862 replies 26035 views 

May 17th:  666 replies 17208 views
May 15th:  
129 replies 8493 views

These forums are losing some of there most active members (Key word being some - obviously people still post and are here.  But some of your most actives have gone off the radar.  I can't say exactly why that is for anyone other than myself.  

Apparently that OP was my 1000th post.  I haven't been around because I've been waiting patiently for the clan updates to be fixed... like you said they would be.  You can't expect us to wait forever though.  You need to stop trying to cram all of these new features and rooms into your next update and focus on fixing what you have already released.  

Much like how I think you should stop releasing new guns/frames and just take some time to fix up all of the "worthless" weapons/frame powers you have currently.

They're prioritizing all fixes, including Dojo issues to Update 9, so it can be fixed, looked through and polished.

The more time it takes, the better. It means they're examining every single issue and polishing them.

That is simply unacceptable and I suspect untrue. The notion that some people should be an entire patch behind on content is as insulting as Steve's comments regarding our legitimate concerns as a desire for instant gratification in Livestream 6 (I think it was 6...).

These forums are like a ghost town.

*snip*

While I agree on the making new things instead of fixing old things point, I imagine some of that has more to do with who was working on what (for instance, the people who design weapons may have no other tasks than designing weapons, or the release of a weapon is dependent on the animations. Those people cannot reasonably be reassigned to help with the dojo rebalance.). Far more troublesome to me is the inability to find people to play on some of the most commonly run maps. Yesterday, my brother and I did a kappa and two Xinis with no other players. While I suspect this has more to do with a matchmaking problem (that we are not alone in experiencing), the alternative would signify the death of the game. Edited by Kyrkitao

That is simply unacceptable and I suspect untrue. The notion that some people should be an entire patch behind on content is as insulting as Steve's comments regarding our legitimate concerns as a desire for instant gratification in Livestream 6 (I think it was 6...)

There's nothing simpler than ideas, more fixes and things to be done.

Snip:::::::::::::::::::::

Far more troublesome to me is the inability to find people to play on some of the most commonly run maps. Yesterday, my brother and I did a kappa and two Xinis with no other players. While I suspect this has more to do with a matchmaking problem (that we are not alone in experiencing), the alternative would signify the death of the game.

I haven't been able to find matches of "popular matches" either  I log in to do the community event (Who had the BRIGHT idea to make it reliant on fking alert system?  You say you are learning DE - then you pull this BS...)

And I'll maybe try to run a kappa or xini before getting off.  I'll never get put with a match though.  Lots more randoms out in the universe than there used to be (people unlocking the map I guess) but those are new players.  Older players are moving onto other games. Weather this is because they are waiting on U8 to finally be released to them (Because I certainly haven't experienced anything with update 8 yet other than 1/2 the weapons which is a drop in the bucket vs the entire dojo system) I will never know.

DE you are dropping the ball here.  I waited a while before asking politely for you to pick it back up.  You never enabled those Dev hot topics you said you would.  Hell you aren't even being frequent with the community hot topics.  All we see are very tiny tiny patches that fix back end bugs.

Communicate with us - I shouldn't have to make a topic on this every month for you to remember...

teh trick is: let small clans to their efforts till it's possibile, let them buy formas and use all resources they have...

only after we'll balance out, when they'll have nothing left and it will be hard anyway to keep building

I imagine many of us are simply holding all resources back and forgoing the content until it has a reasonable price tag. This sort of intentional abstinence leads us to have nothing to do that works towards a goal (I've got every non-clan weapon/frame and am Mastery Rank 9; while there are a bunch of melee weapons I haven't leveled yet, they are neither unique nor interesting). Without a goal, the game is just killing grineer, corpus, or infested. The AI/difficulty does not allow that to be as fulfilling as other entertainment options.

Sorry it is taking this long - but we are still working on them!

Currently the work is entangled in a grid-aligned tileset redesign for the Dojos as well. To update you on what we have in progress:

-New version of the Dojo tile set that is properly grid aligned (facepalm) to solve intricate connection problems.

-Retirement of the existing tileset (we won't remove them, but adding more will not work).

-If you tear down the old-style rooms 100% of the resources/rushes will be refunded into a shared pool (Vault).

-This Vault can be drawn from to build new rooms (including the Platinum rushes if any). The Vault can not be drawn from in any other way but for Dojo projects.

-The new tileset will have clan-sized cost scaling.

-Experimenting with 'instant finish' vouchers based on number of 'old tileset' you tore down to get things back in shape.

-Decorative object placement to really personalize your Dojo.

Thank you Steve. I appreciate the communication. While it does little to sate the jealousy/etc. I get when seeing other people play with shiny 'new' toys (that I'm still probably going to be waiting a month for from the release of the dojo cost update), I appreciate the communication.

Sorry it is taking this long - but we are still working on them!Currently the work is entangled in a grid-aligned tileset redesign for the Dojos as well. To update you on what we have in progress:-New version of the Dojo tile set that is properly grid aligned (facepalm) to solve intricate connection problems.-Retirement of the existing tileset (we won't remove them, but adding more will not work).-If you tear down the old-style rooms 100% of the resources/rushes will be refunded into a shared pool (Vault).-This Vault can be drawn from to build new rooms (including the Platinum rushes if any). The Vault can not be drawn from in any other way but for Dojo projects.-The new tileset will have clan-sized cost scaling.-Experimenting with 'instant finish' vouchers based on number of 'old tileset' you tore down to get things back in shape.-Decorative object placement to really personalize your Dojo.

This is exactly what I wanted to hear. My clanmates will be very pleased to know we haven't wasted any time farming. Will research also be refunded or are the costs not changing for that?

Sorry it is taking this long - but we are still working on them!Currently the work is entangled in a grid-aligned tileset redesign for the Dojos as well. To update you on what we have in progress:-New version of the Dojo tile set that is properly grid aligned (facepalm) to solve intricate connection problems.-Retirement of the existing tileset (we won't remove them, but adding more will not work).-If you tear down the old-style rooms 100% of the resources/rushes will be refunded into a shared pool (Vault).-This Vault can be drawn from to build new rooms (including the Platinum rushes if any). The Vault can not be drawn from in any other way but for Dojo projects.-The new tileset will have clan-sized cost scaling.-Experimenting with 'instant finish' vouchers based on number of 'old tileset' you tore down to get things back in shape.-Decorative object placement to really personalize your Dojo.

Welcome news.

Are you planning for a transition method for Clans to grow and I guess "pay the difference" on existing rooms. I would think being able to incrementally pay to "Rank-up" sections for use as a clan expands in membership.

Edited by Brasten

Welcome news.

Are you planning for a transition method for Clans to grow and I guess "pay the difference" on existing rooms. I would think being able to incrementally pay to "Rank-up" sections for use as a clan expands in membership.

I think Steve has talked about this a bit. They said something about a special room you have to build to upgrade your clan. I'm guessing it will cost more the more rooms you have to make up the difference.

Sorry it is taking this long - but we are still working on them!

Currently the work is entangled in a grid-aligned tileset redesign for the Dojos as well. To update you on what we have in progress:

-New version of the Dojo tile set that is properly grid aligned (facepalm) to solve intricate connection problems.

-Retirement of the existing tileset (we won't remove them, but adding more will not work).

-If you tear down the old-style rooms 100% of the resources/rushes will be refunded into a shared pool (Vault).

-This Vault can be drawn from to build new rooms (including the Platinum rushes if any). The Vault can not be drawn from in any other way but for Dojo projects.

-The new tileset will have clan-sized cost scaling.

-Experimenting with 'instant finish' vouchers based on number of 'old tileset' you tore down to get things back in shape.

-Decorative object placement to really personalize your Dojo.

ok wait, what ?

-so DOJO reset? for the new tile set? Well fine as long as EVERYTHING including the RESEARCH MATERIALS are refunded, please do confirm that otherwise you WILL have a serious backslash about that very thing.

-Also Vault locked as Dojo resources? i'm going to jump a gun and say that it will effect Trading ( NO TRADING- AT ALL) am i right ?

I finally realized what I so hated about the current Dojo system, or at least have a good real world example. It was the Zynga model.

To get a dojo to really work you needed many many friends, and friends of friends, and friends of those friends of friends. And you needed them to bring you "gifts" and buy you "power-ups" (a.k.a forma and rush builds)

The Dojo system was Zynga. Which is why it sucked. Developers now have a new question when making a feature, "Is this Zynga?"

ok wait, what ?

-so DOJO reset? for the new tile set? Well fine as long as EVERYTHING including the RESEARCH MATERIALS are refunded, please do confirm that otherwise you WILL have a serious backslash about that very thing.

-Also Vault locked as Dojo resources? i'm going to jump a gun and say that it will effect Trading ( NO TRADING- AT ALL) am i right ?

I'm just happy we get anything back. My clanmates and I were chugging along despite the costs but it's been slowing down while some wait to find out if we were going to get some resources refunded. Hopefully this'll reignite the farmer inside of them.

You are jumping the gun. Live stream 8 outlined the status of the trade system. It will be coming, slowly but surely.

ok wait, what ?

Nowhere in that post does it mention a reset. He says that you may desconstruct old tiles, but you may not build new ones. It sounds like old and new will be compatible. Vault is clan property, once it's in, it doesn't come out. This should have no impact on the trading that DE has discussed so far.

Nowhere in that post does it mention a reset. He says that you may desconstruct old tiles, but you may not build new ones. It sounds like old and new will be compatible. Vault is clan property, once it's in, it doesn't come out. This should have no impact on the trading that DE has discussed so far.

That's what I would call a reset/refund.

Edit: How does this affect trading in any way? They're unrelated.

Edited by Excitonex