Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Still Waiting On Dojo Fixes

TraumaHunter

I'm just happy we get anything back. My clanmates and I were chugging along despite the costs but it's been slowing down while some wait to find out if we were going to get some resources refunded. Hopefully this'll reignite the farmer inside of them.

You are jumping the gun. Live stream 8 outlined the status of the trade system. It will be coming, slowly but surely.

well yea, i guess we shouldn't expect anything. but still, original idea of the clan trading via Vault is now debunked as i see it. unless anyone want to clarify it a bit. as in can we still use the vault as trading "port" or is it just to store cr@p for dojo as you " cant draw from it" anymore.

-Or am i the only one who remembers lives-streams pre-#8 ?!?

Edited by Mabswer

well yea, i guess we shouldn't expect anything. but still, original idea of the clan trading via Vault is now debunked as i see it. unless anyone want to clarify it a bit. as in can we still use the vault as trading "port" or is it just to store cr@p for dojo as you " cant draw from it" anymore.

It seems like, for the moment, the vault will just be for building rooms. In the future this may change but this is the best way for DE to avoid exploits while they go about fixing the dojo costs.

Edited by Excitonex

-snip-

Steve you sexy lump of a man.

Could we get confirmation on the clan cap sizes and any other related news to how the caps will be implemented.

Me and my warlordbro are hesitant to accept more peeps.

Edit: By confirmation i mean to ask what they are. Is the jump still 100 cap to 500?

Any chance for a 200/250 cap size?

Will the cap be automatically set once the patch goes up?

Will we have some tiome to "clean house" before it goes live so we dont end up with a huge cap?

Will there be the option to downgrade?

Or are all those questions still being discussed?

Edited by Kroul

-If you tear down the old-style rooms 100% of the resources/rushes will be refunded into a shared pool (Vault).

-This Vault can be drawn from to build new rooms (including the Platinum rushes if any). The Vault can not be drawn from in any other way but for Dojo projects.

That's what I would call a reset/refund.

Edit: How does this affect trading in any way? They're unrelated.

That person's outrage was directed at what they interpreted as a forced reset. You may choose to reset your entire Dojo, but nothing suggests you must.

-Cap sizes not set in stone yet... we want to have as few 'chunks' as possible, so when we run leaderboards, events we don't have nightmares. Pretty sure downgrades will be possible and cleaning house retroactively will work fine (if you're over capacity you just won't be able to grow).

-Definitely not taking away stuff (as much as that would make life easier), no forced reset. What we are doing, however, is making it massively better economically for the Clan to rebuild with grid-tileset.

-Vault of 'torn down stuff' is a separate pool from future trading.

Pretty sure downgrades will be possible and cleaning house retroactively will work fine (if you're over capacity you just won't be able to grow).

Awesome thanks for the reply.

Just to clear things up by "(if you're over capacity you just won't be able to grow)." Do you mean before the cap is put in place Or for example We set our cap to be 100 (After the cap is put in place) but we have 120 members. 

Or will we not be able to set a cap that is below our current member # when it comes out? 

Awesome thanks for the reply.

Just to clear things up by "(if you're over capacity you just won't be able to grow)." Do you mean before the cap is put in place Or for example We set our cap to be 100 (After the cap is put in place) but we have 120 members. 

Or will we not be able to set a cap that is below our current member # when it comes out?

You're welcome, sorry for the time it is taking. It has turned out to be a bit tricky and I've used the time to read as many (sometimes conflicting) opinions about it. The cap will be based on room types (want to grow from Shadow Clan to next stage, build room XYZ). If you're grandfathered in and you want to grow, you'll need to build XYZ. The Cap is set based on what 'Clan Capacity' rooms you have built. We won't nuke anyone from your clan but to grow you'll have to build the capacity room or kick people to switch up membership. (Like building more barracks to house your troops)

You're welcome, sorry for the time it is taking. It has turned out to be a bit tricky and I've used the time to read as many (sometimes conflicting) opinions about it. The cap will be based on room types (want to grow from Shadow Clan to next stage, build room XYZ). If you're grandfathered in and you want to grow, you'll need to build XYZ. The Cap is set based on what 'Clan Capacity' rooms you have built. We won't nuke anyone from your clan but to grow you'll have to build the capacity room or kick people to switch up membership. (Like building more barracks to house your troops)

No need to apologize Steve. I understand the complexity of the whole dojo thing and im happier waiting for a fully thought out and polished fix/update for it rather than have a rushed product to meet a deadline *cough*ME3*cough*.

I could ask you so many questions but im just going to leave one suggestion.

Make a "special" arifact/statue for all alpha testers for the dojo. Something like "The golden legendary pink shorts statue of alpha testers".

Altought i dont know how it will be pink if its golden but ill let you figure that one out.

Edited by Kroul

Make a "special" arifact/statue for all alpha testers for the dojo. Something like "The golden legendary pink shorts statue of alpha testers".

Altought i dont know how it will be pink if its golden but ill let you figure that one out.

Golden Statue that is wearing pink shorts Obliviously :P

Thanks for the updates. The grid-aligned tiles are huge. I'd drafted a few designs on some graph paper so that the day dojo tiles become accessible I could get to work building something nice, but I'd been kind of worried about hitting invisible walls. This'll save everyone a lot of stress.

The clan size solution sounds kind of illogical from an in-universe perspective though. If I'm getting this right, people will be able to build "clan-expander" rooms, and by merely possessing these rooms, the resource costs associated with regular hallways will increase? Unless I'm missing something, that doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. (It's fine as a game mechanic though. ... Though it seems like it could be exploited if you just build your entire dojo while you're in "small-clan-mode.")

Couldn't it be made so that the the clan-expander room was disguised as some kind of central computer (accessible from all nodes), and depending on the number of members in the clan/number of rooms in the dojo, it would need to be fed more resources in order to do certain things.

IE: To increase clan tier, please deposit resources equal to XX times (clan members + room A(X) + room B(X) + etc). Rather than "increasing clan tier", the upgrade would be justified in-game as "reinforcing dojo security," "distributing armaments to all dojo members," or whatever fluff seems more appropriate.

B-but, I couldn't amass the ten hundred Forma necessary to qualify for that. :-(

Sorry it is taking this long - but we are still working on them!

Currently the work is entangled in a grid-aligned tileset redesign for the Dojos as well. To update you on what we have in progress:

-New version of the Dojo tile set that is properly grid aligned (facepalm) to solve intricate connection problems.

-Retirement of the existing tileset (we won't remove them, but adding more will not work).

-If you tear down the old-style rooms 100% of the resources/rushes will be refunded into a shared pool (Vault).

-This Vault can be drawn from to build new rooms (including the Platinum rushes if any). The Vault can not be drawn from in any other way but for Dojo projects.

-The new tileset will have clan-sized cost scaling.

-Experimenting with 'instant finish' vouchers based on number of 'old tileset' you tore down to get things back in shape.

-Decorative object placement to really personalize your Dojo.

This is great news. Looking forward to the revamp of the Dojo system, and to eventually exploring its opportunities.

I`d like to see the connective structure cheapened to the point we may plan more elaborate layouts too, so that the place is aesthetically/architecturally pleasing to run around in.  Anyway, thank you again for the info.

Sorry it is taking this long - but we are still working on them!Currently the work is entangled in a grid-aligned tileset redesign for the Dojos as well. To update you on what we have in progress:-New version of the Dojo tile set that is properly grid aligned (facepalm) to solve intricate connection problems.-Retirement of the existing tileset (we won't remove them, but adding more will not work).-If you tear down the old-style rooms 100% of the resources/rushes will be refunded into a shared pool (Vault).-This Vault can be drawn from to build new rooms (including the Platinum rushes if any). The Vault can not be drawn from in any other way but for Dojo projects.-The new tileset will have clan-sized cost scaling.-Experimenting with 'instant finish' vouchers based on number of 'old tileset' you tore down to get things back in shape.-Decorative object placement to really personalize your Dojo.

Gimme my Fragor golfing range. Then I will be happy. Even putt-putt golf.

im happier waiting for a fully thought out and polished fix/update for it rather than have a rushed product to meet a deadline *cough*ME3*cough*.

Sorry, what ?

You want to talk about rushed products ? How about update 8 ? Update 8 brought us :

- Void : Horrible performance when hosting, almost impossible to get to at launch.

- Dojo : Small clans either can't enjoy the new features or they disbanded and joined mega clans because, who would have thought, people tend to choose the path of least resistance. They lost a lot of money by not putting a cap on clan size because all you have to do is join a huge clan and you won't have to spend a single forma. Also the reset exploit didn't help. I'm pretty sure DE would love to go back in time and change that. It's obvious they could have gotten a lot more money by doing things differently.

- Research weapons : They were far from being polished. The Dera's base damage has been tripled because it was so damn weak. Multishot didn't work on the Ogris. Hornet Strike didn't affect the Acrid's DOT. I think the flamethrower might have been buffed as well.

- Balance issues. The Kunai are OP and make the Akboltos completely irrelevant. Every single person who bought Wyrm with plat should get a refund since he doesn't do a single thing even 50% as well as DethCube. Vauban is pretty OP as well, you can get to wave 30 on defense without firing a single shot and eating a sandwich while you akf around the pod most of the time. Several melee weapons have no purpose except gaining extra mastery points (single Ether Sword, Reaper Prime, machete, dual cleavers ...).

Update 8 also alienated a significant portion of their playerbase.

And you want to call Bioware out for rushing products ? Really ? BW have to go through Sony's and Microsoft's certification process before they can release their DLCs. There's no way they would have green lit update 8 with the horrible performance you get in the Void for example. The worst thing they've done is release a couple of OP weapons/classes, but that doesn't come close to what DE have done.

I am disappointed that this topic was moved from general discussion. Moving it to the Dojo Feedback section has decreased its visibility, which seems to have been its primary purpose. We are not providing meaningful feedback on the Dojo, that phase has passed.

i still found it annoying that our reactor room was some what of a death trap, with all members they would wallrun around it and whatever, however a few days back people started falling under the map, dieing and were given the option to revive, at this point there are several dead frost primes on the floor, its not a pretty site and obviously need to be looked at! 

Currently the work is entangled in a grid-aligned tileset redesign for the Dojos as well. To update you on what we have in progress:

-New version of the Dojo tile set that is properly grid aligned (facepalm) to solve intricate connection problems.

-Retirement of the existing tileset (we won't remove them, but adding more will not work).

-Experimenting with 'instant finish' vouchers based on number of 'old tileset' you tore down to get things back in shape.

Wow.. Thanks for the heads up Steve, had no idea the plan was to revamp the system from the ground up.  This explains the delays on what was percieved as a resource costing alteration.

Steve if we decide to keep the original rooms will that have any effect? Especialy considering my clan finally managed to get the oracle and a lab wich is almost done.  So the main thing is Is it Viable to keep the old tile set rooms AND connecct the new ones to them?  Edit: and what would happen to a clan that Has the grand hall? It was easy to build for my clan. easy to get resources. lol Or capacity rooms meaning as you say something to "house" Tenno? Not a space "capacity" but member capacity upgrade/room mhm?

Edited by Marabunta5